Introduce Linkshell system/Increase Guildmember capacity

luzt

Hello everyone,

I would like to raise an issue regarding Guilds.

Our guild has been growing and has reached the cap on members already multiple times.

We have been making tough decisions who to kick and we have another guild for alts.

Because of the limitation on the amount of members a guild can hold we're forced to be pretty harsh.

Now it has basically come down to being required to raid weekly with our 3 setups if you wanna stay in the guild.

I've helped in actualizing that decision since it was necessary if we wanted to keep the majority of the members satisfied.

We don't really wanna be a hardcore clan, because we value the social aspects and clan interactions alot.

People with alts are also stuck in the altguild with only discord as a means to talk to main clan members.

I can come up with two solutions:

-The first is simple, increase the maximum amount of members a guild can hold.

-Second is a bit more complicated, it's based on a system that Final Fantasy 14 has.

It's basically a private chatchannel, you can get an item that lets you join a chatroom and others with the right info can join it too.

That aspect has similarities with Private lobbies in F8, to get a better idea of it.

This way you can basically talk to anyone who joined that chat channel, perfect for alts or even mains in alt guilds.

Aswell as raidgroups that are assembled from random players in server groups.

I know big guilds are forced to deal with the issues I raised and players with alts.

The guild system is kind of old fashioned eitherway, missing important features that help you keep track of guildmembers activity etc.

It should receive an overhaul soon

What do you guys think?

Or simply do what they have done in Lineage 2, create an alliance option.  A clan can created an alliance and invite up to two more clans into the alliance. It gives no added benifit other then you can all speak to each other through an allaince chat and run under the same alliance tag name. 

A great deal of large clans would invite another big clan in (which was good for raids and seiges) and would have an alt clan as the third clan in the alliance.

10 hours ago, KlausFlouride said:

Make an alt clan like everyone else.

Alt clans cannot chat with each other :/

An alliance channel/user-created channel is the best solution for multi-clan chat, aside from using third-party programs (Discord, Curse...), which not every one use. 

On 25-6-2017 at 4:42 PM, KlausFlouride said:

Make an alt clan like everyone else.

Thanks for reading the title and not the post itself, its something.

Anyway DirectorTseng added another good idea to solve the issue.

Archived