Potential PVP bugs

So there's 2 potential bugs I'd like to cover (to know whether or not it's a bug)

1. Yesterday, I was playing in arena and was at 1489 or so (was below 1500). So I queued and ended up against a gold summoner (he was lv30 though, so I won). Then saw this summoner post in the region chat, and he was still gold.

I actually thought the range was +/- 100pts when queuing, but since gold are 1600+ (and this one must have been around 1620 or so), I can't seem to understand why I ended up facing him.

2. When I use my daze approach (c with BMs) on a target trying to run away for a reason or an other, he moves a bit after the daze which makes him out of my airborne skill range, so I need to move like 2m to fly him, which often results in an easiest way for my opponent to evade being airborned. Is this normal ?

low level player can get opponents with much lower rating, and loses much less points for lost game. Was with my 25 lvl alt near gold, and got bronze opponent, and lost like 8pts for losing.

My information was that matching starts off with narrow rank point difference constraints that get progressively wider with longer matching time.

The maximum possible difference was 150 points afaik.

So maybe you can avoid really far off match-ups by stopping the queue after 1 minute each time, though that might mean you get no match up as opposed to an "unfair" one.

Lower level characters always get much lower ranked opponents. This fact has been exploited this season heavily by mostly summoners (who have most of their kit available at low levels) to get very high rankings, even diamond while only playing gold opponents. It's a system that really needs to be changed after the skill revamp.

17 hours ago, Shuchin said:

My information was that matching starts off with narrow rank point difference constraints that get progressively wider with longer matching time.

The maximum possible difference was 150 points afaik.

So maybe you can avoid really far off match-ups by stopping the queue after 1 minute each time, though that might mean you get no match up as opposed to an "unfair" one.

I don't think that's right tbh :p

Anyway, I got matched in the first 10sec, so I think the low-level thingy is the right one

Archived