Gems - one for all?

Meoww

Hi.

I realized I can send most of my heptagonal gems over to other characters on my account.

Am I overlooking something or does that mean I can buy 1 expensive diamond and use it for all alt's I will ever make? Or is there any risk of destroying it when removing it from a weapon? Or can I only send it once?

I don't fully understand this system of being able to send items to the same characters on your account.

Gems will not be destroyed by removing them from a slot; however, in my experience, at least some gems become bound to the character once they're equipped. The ones I have bought on the Marketplace are no longer mail-able after having been used.

Yes, some of them. But some of them do not get character bound. I don't entirely understand how they are seperated, but the HM gems you get from the epic quest seem to be account bound rather than character bound even after applying them to a weapon. Thank you for your answer if anyone knows more details about this please feel free to add them.

Only the HM gems are account bound, all the others are character bound on use. There is no risk of destroying it ever, unless you manual break it. You can send it to all your alts, you'd have to pay the mailing fee each time which is only about 23 copper each.

Archived