Comments on the patch

Rachefluch

Hello Nico,
as one of the producer, as the one who got us hyped for the newest patch, i thought of spending a moment to reminisce all the great fun we actually had with the newest patch.

Youd believe, that allmighty patch is going to make inequality gone, the playerbase less toxic, implement necessary changes to the crashes and we have a great time all together.

where to start?

I. Items changes.

You told us about the great new weapon upgrade, that you were going to implement.

Since i as a Baleful holder, i didnt really like that last patch, where everyone got compensation for weapon upgrades and true scorpion holder got a bunch compensation.

But i didnt get any. I was so happy to hear you would do the same thing again, and got hyped to finally get some most welcome weapon refunds on the 4000g i spend on the past eight weeks weapon upgrades. I was shocked, it didnt happen, did it shock you so much too? I really hoped we could become friends this way, but that hope was shattered. Here i thought already: you want us rather offline for months and login after every patch to gain all for free. Maybe you did that to test your server capacities, which are low, so very low.

II. Hongmoon level changes

You gave us all so much more AP for free, so much, that it really didnt matter, if i upgraded my weapon or not. I believed that you and nsoft want their players to play this game and you would want to give us motivation to game on. But it turned out, that now everybody is on the same level, and that for free. Unfortunately, do you know what happened? I realized, you really want us to be offline for a few months instead and wait out until every single hard gained gem, weapon upgrade or jewelery is for free, too. Thank you for reminding me, that being offline is better than being online and active, yet again. That it doesnt matter if you accomplished something in four person dungeons befor, since all that stuff is worthless now. You could have really thought up some balanced changes, but you really did not like that idea, did you? Balancing is not something necessary.

III. That brings us here: Dungeons and new content.

It felt great to rush through the main story again, because now i can finally waste hours again befor i can explore the newest stuff. I thought, oh well now we are going to have more fun in the old content. But it turned out, that the old content is filled with people, who got no clue about it. And they are all now on my AP level, too. I wished you could have thought about some kind of balancing, yet again, but that really didnt seem to have crossed your mind, did it? But because you want us to be nice and fair and play together, you even disabled the kick function for the cross server. And you didnt like people judging others by their F2 profil, so you broke it completely. You would want people to see the prepatch status of players, just to get that last bit of nostalica out of the game. I really wished, that wouldnt have happened. Because now I will have to be friends with people, that really do not want to leave my party anymore. Did you ever have to break a party for ebondrake citadel, because a lvl 32 doesnt want to leave? And he even joins you for the other parties again and again. Maybe the broken playerbase of this game wasnt part of your ideas for the producers letter you gave us.

Maybe it wasnt part of your interest, that you also destroyed yet another market with your ambitions to make early game content worthless, too?

And then in celestial basin, it came to me: you do not want us toxic gamers to be friends.

Since then i could possibly chose which quests i want to do together, and which quests not, and i could create parties, which are now redundant. And you would give lower geared players a little chance to participate in the open world event bosses, which you can kill only once every event, because all the strong players killed them on every channel already. I was thinking, maybe i would try to farm peaches, but for that i needed to creat a clan first and do clan battlegrounds.

IV. Which brings me here, PVP.

I really hoped, i could now use my new forcemaster abilities, that would make me ignore all my damage rotation just like in PVE. But then i found out, you still dont want forcemasters to be good in PVP. It turns out, that a class, that profits vastly from a well thought ice/fire hybrid build, is not to your taste. It seems to me, you dont want forcemasters in PVP, but rather totally broken Summoners and Destroyers! I mean, poor things, they are worthless in Blacktower, but that didnt mean you would have to break the forcemaster ice build COMPLETELY. So i tried out clan battleground, and it turns out, you even allow players to rejoin their party now. But there is no leaving function. There is no option to leave a battleground AT ALL, even if your match making is making an ant face a tiger. Even if it makes me face raven weapon users on a ranking of 1300! I really hoped, you would consider that bad bad balancing here, but unfortunately, you just want classes to either be ultra powerful in PVE, or ultra useless in PVP.

I really hoped, this new patch would regain my trust in you, my dear Nico, but unfortunately, you have created another grinding desert, which makes all the prepatch game efforts worthless, makes all that previous PVE content of yours empty and only will decrease the playerbase more, until nothing is left of this game just a year after it launched in NA/EU. Poor BnS.

[Title edited by Mercatnip]

Gems can be used to upgrade your current gems, what's wrong with those ?

Also, the Destroyers and Summoners are broken ? Since when ?

Last but not least, if you could leave the battleground, everyone would do it, and ot wouldn't be a good thing at all...

Reading your view on the game and towards other players, I must say I would be happy to never see you in Blade and Soul again. You do not seem the kind of person that will ever be happy, no matter what happens, and only see the negative side of things. Selfishness also seems prominent, and as a minor point a lack of true, i.e. gear independent, skill as well.

Of course there's a good chance I am just being triggered by a troll here. ^_^'

Just as a message to all the wonderful and nice people who play Blade and Soul out there:

I am very happy to be part of your community, I love if you return to the game now and I am glad to see you get all the nice boosts from the new patch so that we now can play together in arena, battleground and dungeons. Together and against each other, let us all play well! (^_^)

Archived