PC inquiry

psyyyy

Hi, I'm planning to buy a new pc and don't mind leveling ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ up a bit for bns xD .. so i need and hopefully can get some nice  feedback which is better among these selections:

1st: 
MSI Codex X3-013US Desktop Computer; Intel Core i7-7700K Processor 4.2GHz; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 VR Ready; 16GB DDR4-2400 RAM; 512GB M.2 SSD
Intel Core i7-7700K Processor 4.2GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 VR Ready
16GB DDR4-2400 RAM
512GB M.2 SSD
2nd:
HP Omen 870c Desktop - Intel Core i7 - 8GB Graphics
Operating system: Windows 10 Home2 
Memory slots: 4 DIMM 
Memory (RAM):  32GB DDR4-2133 SDRAM (4 x 8GB) 
Memory and storage: 32GB memory, 256GB SSD storage, 2TB HDD storage 
Storage type: HDD, SSD 
Hard drive description: 2TB 7200 RPM SATA8 
Storage description: 256GB SATA SSD6 
Optical drive: DVD-Writer 
Processor family: 6th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 processor 
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-6700K (4GHz, 8MB cache, 4 cores)1, 9 
Processor speed: 4GHz

Quick reminder that you should always buy components and build them together. You save a lot of money and in most cases your self made pc runs a lot better than any prebuild one.

comparing these two: the first one has a better cpu but less ram, however both 16 and 32 gib is complete overkill for gaming purposes. also the first one offers a larger ssd and faster ram, so i would go for this.

However i would build a custom pc. Take the i7 7700k with any motherboard with compatible z270 chipset. The mainoard must fit to the size of your case, i would recommend the standard ATX board size.

You can use any DDR4 RAM on this. RAM is sold as kits like 2*8GB to benefit from dual channel technology. 16gb total ram is good to go.

Graphics card: use a custom of the gtx 1070. the founders edition which is used in both prebuild pc's tends to be pretty loud. i personally use an plit gtx 1070 dual, which is cheaper tahn other customs but still quiet. read some tests about which 1070 is the best, some tend to be larger or louder than others.

PSU (power supply): chose one psu which is not chinese ^^ with around 500W power. that totally sufficient for i7+gtx 1070+10 hard drives.

hard drives and ssd: ssd work much faster but are more expensive. most people have one ssd for windows and some games while having a classic hdd for data storage. bns benefits heavily from a ssd.

case: it has to fit the motherboard size, other than that it is up to your personal preference.

cpu cooler: intels stock cooler which comes with the processor is awful, and still most prebuild pc's have it. the i7 7700k can be overclocked, but not with this cooler. even if you don't want to overclock, some more bucks for a better cooler result in a much quieter performance.

to be honest. 2nd one is 1.5k and 1st one is 1k xD

Thank you skelettbuss for sharing your advice on custom pc parts. I'm not tech savvy person so I mostly buy pre-build ones but I'll search the ones you gave me. About how much will the one you say cost ? if you dont mind..

I'm currently using laptop which is i7 and gtx 960 but max fps is 30 which i bought 2yrs ago at around the price too =( and well I don't wanna use my laptop for gaming purposes anymore.

Ah, I guess it's because of all of the other extra parts. I was focusing more on the main components (ram, gpu, cpu, ssd), but even an i5 would be more than enough to run B&S smoothly and you don't necessarily need a beefy graphics card to run B&S either since it's more CPU intensive. Also building your computer would be the better option like skelettbus stated, but you may also run into mistakes when building one yourself, especially if it's your first time. 

EDIT; Also I searched up these pre-built PC's and the second one is actually cheaper if you buy it from Amazon. 2nd sits at 1.1k while the first, 1.5k USD

I'd take the MSI one over HP any day though. M.2 SSD should be faster than a regular SATA3 SSD if it's not an early generation M.2.

The HP one doesn't even mention a GFX card, I bet it's built-in Intel HD Graphics crap. It has more memory but 16GB is fine for most stuff except bragging these days. :p

Archived