Dragoncall problem when mob dies

Alysha Hawkeye

I play a Warlock with Dragoncall build. This build looks cool for AoE trash mobs thanks to wider radius of Dragoncall compared to Helix. However, in reality, it's actually not.

When you current target dies during your Dragoncall casting (when the dragons are twirling around), it won't fire off and goes into cooldown. This messes up your rotation and makes your Dragoncall cooldown go longer than necessary, and waste  your AoE potential.

I think the problem here is that Dragoncall is a delayed spell, both instant cast and hard cast. Perhaps the cooldown should not be active if the spell gets cancelled when target dies.

I feel they could just make the dragoncalls (in which the target has died) still go to the last target's location and explode, or just make it change its target to whatever you're currently targeting instead.

8 hours ago, Quantum said:

I feel they could just make the dragoncalls (in which the target has died) still go to the last target's location and explode

i always felt like it should work like this and was so frustrating to see the dragon to disappear mid air. One of the reasons why i rarely used ice build.

Archived