FM or Sin? Help me choose

Daneel

Hi. I have a sin lvl 50 HM 5. I haven't played on it for a long time (came back a week ago, started farming and stuff, still at Awakened infernal accesories + Oathbreaker weapon).

Wanted to ask if I should start a FM instead of the sin (also got 80 gold). My FM is lvl 23 (still with lvl 16 quests cuz of the event dungeon). 

Thanks for any future answers.

PS: Looking for some reasons why (not detailed, just personal reason).

58 minutes ago, Daneel said:

Hi. I have a sin lvl 50 HM 5. I haven't played on it for a long time (came back a week ago, started farming and stuff, still at Awakened infernal accesories + Oathbreaker weapon).

Wanted to ask if I should start a FM instead of the sin (also got 80 gold). My FM is lvl 23 (still with lvl 16 quests cuz of the event dungeon). 

Thanks for any future answers.

PS: Looking for some reasons why (not detailed, just personal reason).

Depends on what kind of gameplay you are looking for. Are you a pve or pvp player? If you solely do pve, then I would choose fm. For pvp I would choose sin. For both I would choose sin too, because the sin shines in both pve and pvp.

Fm's are easier to dps with, because they are ranged and have to dodge less. Personally I find that very booring so that's why I chose sin. If you just want to do a lot of damage, then I would choose fm.

I still play both in pvp and pve. There gameplay is very different. PvP with FM is sometimes a pain special in battlegrounds, but in PvE he's the strongest class I think (not only in dmg, also in survivability and supportskills). Sin is nice too in pve, but you can't eat so much damage (you will die easily if you fail often with iframes or taking strong dots).

Thank you all for the answers.

The idea is that I was thinking of changing for the following reasons:

-I want to be based more on PvE (simply because the game seem to hate me and have random lagg spikes)

-Because of the lagg spikes I sometimes fail in PvE as sin

-I think in PvE FM is stronger?? (this one I am not 100% sure )

So technically I still have no idea. I was actually thinking of staying on sin and create a gunner when it's released :)

Anyway, thanks for the answers :)

Ok, i can tell you something better after these info.

FM is highly ping depent to do some damage. You will hate it with ping above 200ms or nearly unplayable above 300ms. For frost FM lag spikes are worse then for burning FM (because Ice Rain speed will reset with every 0,5s lag spike). But if you have a ping below 150ms, you're able to play FM easily (burning FM even with lag spikes).

Interessting to know is: FM gets with most frost spells (like Frost Palm) 10% defensive increase up to 10 times. So my FM has in pve in combat around 6k def (reached with pet ofc) and with all these self heal skills and Frost Armor and so on it's nearly impossible to die. Additional you stay away from boss and so you don't need to iframe aoe in boss meele range.

I don't know if you know following: Disable GUI for joint attacks, iframe bars and boss aoe display (on the ground) for less lag spikes. That helps alot in crittical situations. Stop using skills befor you have to iframe is very important to avoid lag spikes while using iframes.

Btw I want to create a gunner too, but I don't know when gunner will be released in EU/NA. I wouldn't wait for it. ^^

11 hours ago, Half said:

Ok, i can tell you something better after these info.

FM is highly ping depent to do some damage. You will hate it with ping above 200ms or nearly unplayable above 300ms. For frost FM lag spikes are worse then for burning FM (because Ice Rain speed will reset with every 0,5s lag spike). But if you have a ping below 150ms, you're able to play FM easily (burning FM even with lag spikes).

Interessting to know is: FM gets with most frost spells (like Frost Palm) 10% defensive increase up to 10 times. So my FM has in pve in combat around 6k def (reached with pet ofc) and with all these self heal skills and Frost Armor and so on it's nearly impossible to die. Additional you stay away from boss and so you don't need to iframe aoe in boss meele range.

I don't know if you know following: Disable GUI for joint attacks, iframe bars and boss aoe display (on the ground) for less lag spikes. That helps alot in crittical situations. Stop using skills befor you have to iframe is very important to avoid lag spikes while using iframes.

Btw I want to create a gunner too, but I don't know when gunner will be released in EU/NA. I wouldn't wait for it. ^^

Thanks for the info. I didn't really explain a lot on my last post. The lagg spikes are actually (in 90% of the time) in my first and second dungeon (after I log in). Most of the time (almost always) lagg comes in the beggining.

Also, I think that I'll gear my sin and see afterwards :)

Thanks for the answers

Archived