your rotation during soulburn ?

AxeNoob

so. .with new awakned skills.. wonder how ppl found the highest dps rotation during sb?

im shadow build.. wonder if spamming rmb and lmb (for focus regain when needed) or rmb /helix. .or.. rmb/helix/f... 

didnt tried frost build yet.. any thoughts? 

Rupture animation is rather slow, so dont use it, what i do is

V - 2 - F(leech) - V - 3 - V - SOUL BURN (cast) - C (HM Sanctum for Chi) - V - RB - 4 - RB -4 ...... 2 (HM for focus) after Sanctum is gone - RB-4 -RB -4 

You can pretty much skip the V's if you have to i jsut use them to add a little more burst damage due the wingstorms, but speaking only about Sb you dont need anything but RB-4 and a Chi skill when running low.... Same goes for ICe Build Just Spam RB and 4 when ready.

19 hours ago, Nowaki said:

Rupture animation is rather slow, so dont use it, what i do is

V - 2 - F(leech) - V - 3 - V - SOUL BURN (cast) - C (HM Sanctum for Chi) - V - RB - 4 - RB -4 ...... 2 (HM for focus) after Sanctum is gone - RB-4 -RB -4 

You can pretty much skip the V's if you have to i jsut use them to add a little more burst damage due the wingstorms, but speaking only about Sb you dont need anything but RB-4 and a Chi skill when running low.... Same goes for ICe Build Just Spam RB and 4 when ready.

I have a recommendation.

during soul burn if you are using  wingstorm(v)+leech I would save sanctum for when ur outside soul burn.

here is my reasoning : if you do not have the soul badge for leech and use it during soul burn u won't need the extra chi from HM sanctum. 

During leech you you gain one chi on on every hit.  So let's do a little break down;

Awakened volley should have the same costs and condition as HM volley ( minus insta cast ) therefore it should cost 3 focus and generates 1 focus from mobs inflicted with "target". Target is applied on the first helix. 

You are currently minus 3 focus , how ever due to the buff leech gives you , in combination with Helix which costs no chi+insta cast wingstorm , u should be set up for heavy burst and sustain ur chi during the SB effect. You can further sustain ur chi by using HM soul shackle which it's form 1 stage 4 generates 3 focus on cast and further restores 2 focus on hit for 5 hits in an interval of 5 secs. I would cast it in the beginning before soul burn and half way through to be safe. 

With this u should be able to sustain ur heavy focus spam for the duration 

I'm just theory crafting ATM, I would love for more WL's to comment 

14 hours ago, Thoron said:

I have a recommendation.

during soul burn if you are using  wingstorm(v)+leech I would save sanctum for when ur outside soul burn.

here is my reasoning : if you do not have the soul badge for leech and use it during soul burn u won't need the extra chi from HM sanctum. 

During leech you you gain one chi on on every hit.  So let's do a little break down;

Awakened volley should have the same costs and condition as HM volley ( minus insta cast ) therefore it should cost 3 focus and generates 1 focus from mobs inflicted with "target". Target is applied on the first helix. 

You are currently minus 3 focus , how ever due to the buff leech gives you , in combination with Helix which costs no chi+insta cast wingstorm , u should be set up for heavy burst and sustain ur chi during the SB effect. You can further sustain ur chi by using HM soul shackle which it's form 1 stage 4 generates 3 focus on cast and further restores 2 focus on hit for 5 hits in an interval of 5 secs. I would cast it in the beginning before soul burn and half way through to be safe. 

With this u should be able to sustain ur heavy focus spam for the duration 

I'm just theory crafting ATM, I would love for more WL's to comment 

First, no it doesnt regen any chi, so its 3 focus all the time unlike regular HM Volley (which the blue one cost no focus so you consume only 3 focus every 2/3 seconds (cuz cast time and GCD and wait time blah blah) the spam is real, so is the chi starving Sadly Shackes isnt enought to maintain the focus, you can fit Mantra if you dont have HM Sanctum, Mantra animation is kinda slow so i rather not use it (so is sactum thats why i start the cast during SB animation cast, also i dont have chi problems outside SB so i dont really need sactum.

Also a tip for Locks, hug the boss on Sb, since process skill is counted on Hit not on use, so the rotation goes faster if you are close to the boss (projectile speed), thats another reason to use Sanctum, anti CC.

9 hours ago, Nowaki said:

First, no it doesnt regen any chi, so its 3 focus all the time unlike regular HM Volley (which the blue one cost no focus so you consume only 3 focus every 2/3 seconds (cuz cast time and GCD and wait time blah blah) the spam is real, so is the chi starving Sadly Shackes isnt enought to maintain the focus, you can fit Mantra if you dont have HM Sanctum, Mantra animation is kinda slow so i rather not use it (so is sactum thats why i start the cast during SB animation cast, also i dont have chi problems outside SB so i dont really need sactum.

Also a tip for Locks, hug the boss on Sb, since process skill is counted on Hit not on use, so the rotation goes faster if you are close to the boss (projectile speed), thats another reason to use Sanctum, anti CC.

thnx for the tip about the range, i cant wait to test it out !

However i think you are mistaken ( well we both were)

1) hm volley does cost 3 focus, but it will generate 1 focus back on a mob inflicted with target
2) awakened Salvo costs only 2 focus ( basically it removing the need for the target) 

So theoretically during SB if u use leech ( again only use this if u do NOT have the new badge )+HM shackle you will not be chi starved.

here is the source I am using https://beta.bnstree.com/tree/WL ( im not around my pc to log in and check )

But the line on HM volley should read : "dimensional Salvo available on charging for 1 sec after use. Recovers 1 focus  on hitting enemies inflicted by target"

On 10/27/2016 at 8:30 AM, Hirukaru said:

I am currently using dragon call due to bombard having instant cast and 3sec cooldown.
Where volley has a cd on wingstorm but no instant cast.
No hm skills yet though.

Just spamming rmb+f+4 (I use rupture to regain chi)

HM volley is instant cast, i just mash rmb 4, thowing out an instant cast v if I have one, and using mantra or z when I am out of focus.

Well the new awakened skills are op for warlock ;D Personally i start like this V-4-Rupture-RMB-4-Rupture-RMB and so on when i use SB i use leech on the same time coz of the increased crit and focus rec and i just spam RMB-4 u dont have to do anything else just that , if you are out of mana and u can ani-cancell use LMB Mantra to get some focus , if ani cancel aint ur thing then use Bastion ;D ,

P.S With the new skills WL have to ani cancel to get a rlyy high dps

Archived