Summoner Nerf

King226

So yesterday i decided to do some testing of the new bees and flower. First thing i tested was which was better, second thing i tested is how well the new damage did in Tower of infinity since im a climber. To start off my stats while tested didnt have any high crit multipliers because the only time that will ever be taken into consideration is in PvE. To start off my bees (tier 3 stage 3) did 8.5k-9.3k Crits. Decent. With petal toss 17.3k crits. so about 3-5 hits off depending on focus regen etc. Then sunflower did around a steady 12-14k. Now thinking about this it doesn't seem to bad. But then i realized....im 724 AP with crit necklace on. Thinking about that to myself made me realize how pathetic the damage was. But i tried not to give up, after all i was in a soul shield made for PvP anyways. I don't expect big fancy numbers. But thats when i got to tower of infinity, i seen how terrible my damage was. 3k piercing and sunflower only hitting 8k on a target with 50% def reduction by my pin already? I understand you guys maybe wanted to reduce the amount of summoner players but, this class feels like complete garbage now. Looking at some of the damage Sins, Fms, and Fire Bms have right now, i honestly feel underpowered. I know a lot of people may not agree cause "Scummoner, brain dead class, hurdur" but coming from a player who actually takes Climbing tower seriously, 3s seriously, and 1v1s seriously i can really feel the nerf. It probably wont make a difference to people who don't really pay attention  but it does for me.

Yeah, NC screwed the pooch on this one. No idea what they're thinking - but they keep pushing KR's balance patches without the gear that goes with them and seriously effing us over. 

I already ended up taking a few month break to let things catch up and hopefully be fun again, but they ruined it a week after I come back... I've about lost interest now and it's only been a day of this (new) crap.

no no no. Summoner nerfs were needed. summoners were too OP. they did too much dmg. they heal too much. they have too much cc. they have cat. they have invisibility. they have range resist. they have too much utility. lets nerf them.

OK! u nerfed us. yes we have cat, yes we have decent utility and range resist.

1. do we have too much cc? no, we actually have less cc than all the other classes except FM. and all our cc are tied to our cat except for 2 skill.

2. we have cat... so what? the cat accounts for 40% of the summoner usability. without cat we have almost no cc (save 2 skill), without cat we have 1 iFrame = SS all classes have SS.

3. Invisibility, summoners are squishy... i do feel somewhat guilty that the dandylion is spammable, but then again so is Decoy and sins can ACTUALLY DPS IN STEALTH, summoners cant.

4. Too much heal.... just LOL for summoners to have decent heal in pve they have to give up true friend iFrame... which is just NO! Huzzah! only heal summoner for 10% HP? thats alot? nerf BD then.... their 10% HP heal also comes with a 5 sec 5 hit iFrame (dont actually nerf BD plz, its my main). Doom n' Bloom heals alot? we only get 50% heal from Doom n' Bloom which for me deals about 10k dmg if all ticks crit so 5k heal.... compare that to kfm recovery lul. alot of other small heals here and their tied into some other key skills but they arent alot.

5. Nerf the dmg.... right. 5 dps nerf i have no issue with... 10% dps nerf is pushing it.... but wow!  A WHOLE *cricket*ING 30% DPS NERF! why? reasons. 

summoners have quite a bit to contribute to 6 and 4 man parties..... well we had quite alot..... but hey 30% dps nerf is just too much now we basically dont fit in many parties... limited space kinda thing.... you know. So basically what i am saying is this, SUMMONERS ONLY HAD ALOT TO OFFER PARTIES WHEN THEY CAME WITH TOP 5 TIER DPS. now we dont have that dps, simply means all that we had to offer can be filled by other classes. 

1. cat grapple -nerfed... no need BD/Destro grab buffed. 

2. dmg - nerfed 30% just wow..... no. standard 4 member party now looks like this :BM, Sin/FM, Destro/BD/FM, WL (1st come 1st serve)

3. Ebondrake Citadel/ Party invis - no need. sins have 2 party invis AND THEY COME WITH A BLUE BUFF. why need summoner? RIGHT!!?!?!????

4. Range Resist - no need, FM have WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more dmg and they fill that roll with divine veil... oh right... they have frost sheath for boss 2+ AOE.. better than summoner 1 resist party stealth... RIGHT!????

5. Heals - no need.... a joke..... every class has their own built in sustain and heal dump.... if ur that low where u need heal means u messed up anyway. dodge boss mechanics and all good.

6. Party rez - just silly.... summoner needs to be FULLY DEAD to use this, if they are fully dead then they are doing it wrong... this skill shouldnt even be in this game imho and in a 4 member party if 2 ppl are dead and summoner + tank are left... are u gonna tell the summoner to suicide so he can rez? and then thats assuming the cat survive... useless skill. this skill is almost entirely useless and only fits a just-in-case type of niche.... in fact most of the time this skill is used, its to only rez the summoner and if its to only rez the summoner, they can simply press LMB and not have the cat die.... genius.

now am not saying that you broke summoners into uselessness (which u *cricket*ing did). all am saying is that if the community were really using their heads, they would see how un-needed summoners really are at this point. everything they have to offer can be filled by 1 or 2 other classes with BONUS and 1.5-1.8x SUMMONER DAMAGE. hell i even forgot that sins smokescreen count as range resist.... another reason to take sins over summoner in Ebondrake... just great.

just a few mins before i started writing this i was in f8 lobby, and ppl were recruiting for Ebondrake.... what do i see.... : Ebondrake 700s, Ebondrake 650+, EBondrake 680+, - need Sin, Pref Sin... already have Sin.... see where i am *cricket*ing going with this? ppl started thinking already, and they realize... hey... we dont need summoner anymore.

Congrats NCsoft.

cheers.

16 minutes ago, Etherealz said:

@RudeBwoii

that what i explained to others ppl aswell but it seems that nobody understand and they just nerfed summ due pvp reason without think about pve players and tell me to wait for futher update ... for what , to get another nerf ... il just pass

They nerfed sum because they were to strong in pve not pvp

The problem was not that we had to much dps. It was that sum had good dps + very good utilty.

Tbh i dont understand why so many complain about the nerfs ... sum is still strong and probably the strongest class for random  f8 groups they just nerfed our dmg

To all of you who think summ is strong still let me fill you in. Top dps ~Fire BM ~Sin ~FM. Top PvP ~Fire BM ~Sin ~BD/Destro. Summ isn't that good at Highend pvp because everyone at that rank doesn't hit into things like Dandy and know how to easily shut down your cat. Only casuals think Summs are gods in PvP. Before you start bitching i need you to realize that i was top 10 summoner last season and i've never had such a tough time getting to plat. With the introduction to new skills and the pin nerf summoners are falling off. You guys are like "OMG BUT HEALING" at high end pvp healing actually means next to nothing. Sure it comes into place in the sin matchup and FM match up. But at that rank its usually, You blow your tab, you're dead. So healing doesn't mean shit. It does at lower rankings when people cant CC properly or hit into dandis cause they cant stop holding down a skill button. It's hard to reason with the masses who have never experienced high end PvP and have only watched it. I'm a tourny player and i climbed 3s, 1s, tower, 6v6, like i said in the post. I don't feel as if summ was strong as at all, they were just good. They weren't Great, they weren't bad, they were good. But  with this nerf it's hitting PVE harder then it is in PvP. Climbing tower of infinity is impossible for me now. i used to  be able to get 7-8 floors np. Now the only way i get 7 is if i pop charms, eat a soup, get a good buff, and fight something like a warlock as one of my first battles. "I start on 39 and usually end up 56-59.

7 hours ago, King226 said:

Climbing tower of infinity is impossible for me now. i used to  be able to get 7-8 floors np. Now the only way i get 7 is if i pop charms, eat a soup, get a good buff, and fight something like a warlock as one of my first battles. "I start on 39 and usually end up 56-59.

Oh look, the poor guy only starts ~ 40 and can't reach 70+. What a tragedy. Tower is really impossible for you.

7 hours ago, Zedonia said:

Oh look, the poor guy only starts ~ 40 and can't reach 70+. What a tragedy. Tower is really impossible for you.

Troll post. troller. unable to be reasoned with.

a nerf is a nerf and thats what it is. sums are still strong?.... am pretty sure i already highlight the reasons sums were considered strong in pve, i dont feel like going over it again. simply put sums facilitated a number of roles in the class that came with rank 4-5 dps.... now that it doesnt have that dps, all the utility in the world can be found in other classes or combination of classes that vastly outpace sums dps.... read my last post... not going over it again.

cheers.

Archived