Soulfighter Spell tweaks and changes improving dps in dungeons

Jannez

Saw the ebondrake patch notes recently and they added a nice change about beam cannon recover focus , but i think it would be nice if they also added the effect of refreshing the stacks of energy or chi level you have build up so far , so you wont lose them by using beam cannon and start all over again building it up.
Was also about thinking maybe adding the effect of balefull on both Rmb spells including the Rmb you got from force master stance (for example ripple punch).
Another idea i had was adding on one of the counters and lighting fist some threat since soulfighters are mostly in kun fu master stance and they got a decent amount of iframes and counters to be able to tank , besides the heal that soulfighters provide parties doesn't seem to like soulfighters at all especially in more end game dungeons that reduces heal effects making our heal even worse , so basically speaking soulfighters aren't so usefull for a party cause the lack of teambuffs or beeing a solid tank like a kfm or bm.
Last and least , maybe it will be way to strong idk , saw a korea patch about soulfighters changing the awakaned skill of rmb (cobalt punch/right punch) instead of building five stacks of chi they 
increased the dmg of it which reminds me of the asassin awakaned skill. So i though about doing the same on Rmb in fm stance.

Would like to know which idea you would like to see to be in game and your thoughs about them.

+1 I support this , I am a soulfighter main and I am upset that we do not have too much of an impact in parties compared to all the other classes. I love the idea of making a soulfighter a tank and adding threat skills , at least to their elbow smash. Sucks when youre in a party with no kfm and bm and you have to stress to do a bunch of dps to keep aggro

1: No

if you have baleful you should know pretty well that Burning tundra/whirlwind give massive damage to fm stance Rmb

not only that now that WL have gotten cool down reduction on Soulburn

if you implement this skill

people will stop using melee all together. You have to remember the legendary soulshield and the upcoming legendary weapon also improve range damage. If it comes down to this + your idea, people will be forced to use range.

if you are not, other ppl will call you a noob.

2: if they get threat, it's better be another tree not the main tree. I don't want to tank at all.

not only that the block on this char cd is extremely long. Idk how you even work out some threat or even tanking when you are using melee and range consecutively. But ok. U do wat U believe is right

3: yeah it's the patch we suppose to be getting yesterday. We only got half of the patch. Zzzzzz

anyways they didn't mention the fact that the new restrain skill completely **** hongmoon Rmb over?

im sure as hell they didnt.

what kind of Hongmoon skill that give 5% increase dmg and say "yeah that's Hongmoon skill mang, u gud, u gud, dat 500g worth of hongmoon skill is lit af, yeah yea!"

23 hours ago, Parenthesis said:

I1: No

if you have baleful you should know pretty well that Burning tundra/whirlwind give massive damage to fm stance Rmb

not only that now that WL have gotten cool down reduction on Soulburn

if you implement this skill

people will stop using melee all together. You have to remember the legendary soulshield and the upcoming legendary weapon also improve range damage. If it comes down to this + your idea, people will be forced to use range.

if you are not, other ppl will call you a noob.

2: if they get threat, it's better be another tree not the main tree. I don't want to tank at all.

not only that the block on this char cd is extremely long. Idk how you even work out some threat or even tanking when you are using melee and range consecutively. But ok. U do wat U believe is right

3: yeah it's the patch we suppose to be getting yesterday. We only got half of the patch. Zzzzzz

anyways they didn't mention the fact that the new restrain skill completely **** hongmoon Rmb over?

im sure as hell they didnt.

what kind of Hongmoon skill that give 5% increase dmg and say "yeah that's Hongmoon skill mang, u gud, u gud, dat 500g worth of hongmoon skill is lit af, yeah yea!"

Idk about not adding extra %dmg from balefull on fm stance rmb , you cant use it for a long time since you need your V spell to apply those extra dmg effects , after that the rmb is really weak compared to melle which is a steady way to do dmg and it does build up Chi . Also about the skill tree i agree , more options does give us more ways to optimize builds for more situations, so i totally agree with that . One more think tho that concerns me is the fact that all closses got a awesome offal hm skill and we got that creepy one for our heal that is totally depended of how many golden dragon stacks we have compared to the previous heal we had before patch. 
Also did i mention the bug i see these days whenever destro grabs or if i got 5 stacks of chi i cant use beam cannon for some weird reason?

17 minutes ago, Jannez said:

Idk about not adding extra %dmg from balefull on fm stance rmb , you cant use it for a long time since you need your V spell to apply those extra dmg effects , after that the rmb is really weak compared to melle which is a steady way to do dmg and it does build up Chi . Also about the skill tree i agree , more options does give us more ways to optimize builds for more situations, so i totally agree with that . One more think tho that concerns me is the fact that all closses got a awesome offal hm skill and we got that creepy one for our heal that is totally depended of how many golden dragon stacks we have compared to the previous heal we had before patch. 
Also did i mention the bug i see these days whenever destro grabs or if i got 5 stacks of chi i cant use beam cannon for some weird reason?

During soulburn yes, close range do more dmg. However if you see new legendary you would not disagree. It improve so much dmg on range attack that it puts melee to shame.

anyways I don't understand why you people play a hybrid class knowing they need to play both stance and end up consider using only range?

You can just play force master..... why are you doing this...

Im gonna explain in the future why this is a terrible idea. Legendary soulshield improve dmg on range Rmb 

in the future SF getting Range RMB skill and im gonna spell it out for you

if you manage to hit Range Rmb in Burning Tundra 9 times, Burning Tundra cool down reset. That's right if you manage to tap 4 Range Rmb in burning Tundra, you can use burning Tundra again 2 times. The more Burning Tundra you cast the more dmg it increase.

1st Burning Tundra 4 Rmb + 2nd BT 4 Rmb+ 3rd BT

you get the idea.

You still want Awaken FM Rmb?

Yea new patch allow you to increase chi level each time you use beam. It's easier to get 3 golden dragon now.

As a fellow soulfighter said , if you miss a tank (kfm or bm) then soulfighters try to do the job which is kinda impossible with a party that does have equal gear or even higher than you , there are some classes atm like forcemasters that do a crazy amount of dps. Also soulfighters don't have a huge impact in parties like other classes which i found sad.
Soulfighters do a heal which is great , i don't disagree about that but besides that we don't have anything else, not to mention most people don't know exactly what the heal does, including the extra defense and inspiration effect which is for tanks great but that's it. For example we got summoners doing almost the same think like soulfighters giving heal whenever we hit a target , dadellion / stealth protection which happens to be something very important for our new endgame dungeon (ebondrake citadel) and heal / projectile protection which happens to be great again for masts and asura. Then we got the tanks , besides tanking giving extra damage/lifesteal (blue buff) and team protection (hm block).
Then we got our fellow bd and des doing grabs which is a must think now for endgame dungeons allowing even lower geared people doing them if mechanics done correctly , so basically speaking most classes do have multiple spells for multiple situations to use compared to soulfighters.

12 minutes ago, Parenthesis said:

During soulburn yes, close range do more dmg. However if you see new legendary you would not disagree. It improve so much dmg on range attack that it puts melee to shame.

anyways I don't understand why you people play a hybrid class knowing they need to play both stance and end up consider using only range?

You can just play force master..... why are you doing this...

Im gonna explain in the future why this is a terrible idea. Legendary soulshield improve dmg on range Rmb 

in the future SF getting Range RMB skill and im gonna spell it out for you

if you manage to hit Range Rmb in Burning Tundra 9 times, Burning Tundra cool down reset. That's right if you manage to tap 4 Range Rmb in burning Tundra, you can use burning Tundra again 2 times. The more Burning Tundra you cast the more dmg it increase.

1st Burning Tundra 4 Rmb + 2nd BT 4 Rmb+ 3rd BT

you get the idea.

You still want Awaken FM Rmb?

Yea new patch allow you to increase chi level each time you use beam. It's easier to get 3 golden dragon now.

Well if something like that is in our future updates then i don't really consider adding extra damage on fm stance etheir , i mostly spoke with the current patch and knowledge i had , but what i do care the most is making a sf maybe a tank which would be great on my opinion , there are times people kicking me because i am a sf in 4 man parties which triggers me... 

• 1 month later...
On 10/5/2016 at 0:41 AM, Nightdash said:

+1 I support this , I am a soulfighter main and I am upset that we do not have too much of an impact in parties compared to all the other classes. I love the idea of making a soulfighter a tank and adding threat skills , at least to their elbow smash. Sucks when youre in a party with no kfm and bm and you have to stress to do a bunch of dps to keep aggro

With a few tweaks and threat skills SF would be a nice tank 

If we get the mystic amulet/badge I think that portion would be okay.

QoL

well how about

Golden dragon is now a state available when Qi master and/or Party have full Qi respectively.

Qi burst A (30s duration, 30s cd)
20% self burst heal
40% party burst heal, party healing  elevates threat level equal to the summoner cat for 30s
Reduces cooldown of all counters to 1s for duration of elevated threat

Qi burst B (30s duration, 60s cd)
double Qi cost of all skills
Restore 1 Qi to all party members per Qi master attack
Defence x 500%
Restore 1% hp to self per your attack

Focus Qi stage 1
Same as original
Golden dragon state required for tier 4 on activation otherwise default to tier 3.

Focus Qi stage 2
Same as stage 1  but applies to party @ 25% reduction to all.

Recovers 15 focus over 15 sec
Increases critical hit chance by 15%
Increases critical hit damage by 15%
Increases movement speed by 30%
Increases critical hit damage by an additional 20% when used while at Golden dragon state

Beam cannon doesnt need to recover focus imo, already uses 1 under whirlwind.

mystic amulets celestial basin
"Players will obtain and exchange raid tokens and Celestial Basin points at the Celestial Basin camp vendor."

"Each successful [RB] (any Type) will reduce the cooldown of [V] (any Type) by 4 seconds."
Source:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JOQK34BUTR_55XwnbJOk388gjokrtLZFdhi3vIwXjZc/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true#

This would make ranged damage feasible alongside self healing
Assuming one can get both resets of tundra you'd be able to keep it up constantly.
Video of it in action.

Archived