SF slow-mode - is it viable for casual player?

Chiarra

Hi there ^_^

I'm new to this game and action combat system, but I'm starting to love it! I tried BM and FM, and now I've started SF. It's great in terms of roleplay and atmosphere, but I play on notebook and my ping is not OK atm, so I have issues with (1) - counter attack. Or may be I'm too slow for it :( Is SF viable without Elbow Smash? Can I get decent amount of dmg from FM stance? Or I should just abandon SF and pick smthing more suitable for my current playstyle and situation (if so, I'd be gratefull for advices - but no warlock/summoner, pls!)?

As long as you're not playing as primary tank, you should be ok. And Kung Fu Stance will do a lot more damage than Elemental Stance overall, but since you said you're just gonna be a casual player, then you should be ok for the most part.

1 hour ago, Pesto said:

they aren't talking about cobalt vs right punch, they are talking about range stance vs melee stance. 

ice combo in the video is talking about right punch

You didn't watch the full video, or else you'd see around 3min 40sec or so they talk about force stance ranged stance as well the Ice vs Earth isnt just cobalt vs right punch. Ice build does more dmg than earth. Earth just has burst IF you spec right and position behind the boss. Ice build you are in fm stance alot for tundra x3 rmb lmb crits. most of the time you go kf stance is for the kingfist combo/SB.

Im called an aggro *cricket* all the time, steal n hold aggro most of the time from ppl better geared than me if that gap isnt rediculous just cause i do my own rotation. The question was if he can do it at high ping and if he can do decent dmg. The answer to that is yes.

(lightning fist>breezekick>focus chi>froststorm+F>ss>ice coil>displace> tundra +lmbrmb for x3 casting>repeat) works just fine for decent dmg and high ping.

nono i did watch the whole video

when the video talks about the range builds it's talking about ripple vs ice LMB RMB spam combined with ice V

ripple is earth damage which is why he calls it earth damage build.

" . And Kung Fu Stance will do a lot more damage than Elemental Stance overall,  "

thats what the original statement says, and in the context they are talking about melee vs range aka what your tab switches you in between

your response was that ice does more sustained damage than earth

you quoted the part that said earth combo in kungfu (melee) stance does more damage than ice in melee, except with the combined damage from kingfist since you build 10 stacks of full bloom really fast with right punch. 

so essentially what i'm trying to say is that while ice build in both melee and range does more damage than their earth build counter parts, "KFM" stance does more sustained damage than range stance in both earth and ice build.

2 hours ago, MikeTyphon said:

You didn't watch the full video, or else you'd see around 3min 40sec or so they talk about force stance ranged stance as well the Ice vs Earth isnt just cobalt vs right punch. Ice build does more dmg than earth. Earth just has burst IF you spec right and position behind the boss. Ice build you are in fm stance alot for tundra x3 rmb lmb crits. most of the time you go kf stance is for the kingfist combo/SB.

Im called an aggro *cricket* all the time, steal n hold aggro most of the time from ppl better geared than me if that gap isnt rediculous just cause i do my own rotation. The question was if he can do it at high ping and if he can do decent dmg. The answer to that is yes.

(lightning fist>breezekick>focus chi>froststorm+F>ss>ice coil>displace> tundra +lmbrmb for x3 casting>repeat) works just fine for decent dmg and high ping.

The ice vs earth in the video you linked where the guy said ice should do more damage than earth is talking about kung fu stance. The reference is at around 1:55.

The original OP's question is whether or not he can play in kung fu stance with high ping or can force stance output comparable amount of damage, not which element route to take. Basically, OP asked if he should pick Gala or Fuji apple, and you answered he should pick California orange, wrong aspect of the topic. Now don't get me wrong, in terms of ice vs earth element, it is probably like you said, though I can't be sure 100%.

Also saying you can hold aggro doesn't really mean much. I can hold aggro from people 100AP more than me, does that automatically make you believe what I said is right? I think not.

1 hour ago, Racingwind said:

The ice vs earth in the video you linked where the guy said ice should do more damage than earth is talking about kung fu stance. The reference is at around 1:55.

The original OP's question is whether or not he can play in kung fu stance with high ping or can force stance output comparable amount of damage, not which element route to take. Basically, OP asked if he should pick Gala or Fuji apple, and you answered he should pick California orange, wrong aspect of the topic. Now don't get me wrong, in terms of ice vs earth element, it is probably like you said, though I can't be sure 100%.

Also saying you can hold aggro doesn't really mean much. I can hold aggro from people 100AP more than me, does that automatically make you believe what I said is right? I think not.

Not really, "Ice combo" for both stances (KFM and FM stance) is more damage than the earth counterpart. Also if used right Ice FM stance is still more dmg than earth kfm+earth fm due to the burst of fm Vx3 and never losing dps by not having to dodge boss etc for the kfm sustained dmg argument. Though it comes down to playstyle.

And his original question about high ping ice combo range stance he can do decent dmg and aggro shows youre doing something which also answers if its possible route for him to play or if its a waste of time and should pick something "more for his ping" It's why i listed an fm stance combo that's easy for doing dmg based around fm stance since that was his original question.

The video was for information on the class and tips to using it. KFM stance was the first part of the video not the entire thing. It's still a good source of information on the class and diff specs of the class.

On 8/3/2016 at 10:57 PM, MikeTyphon said:

Ice does more damage, Earth just has more burst. Here's a good video for infos:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtZCaIO1SjY

Tho if you check description he admits Ice does more overall dmg.
"- Earth Combo Kungfu Stance deals higher DPS compared to Ice Combo, but the overall dmg (including V) Ice Combo would surpass Earth Combo imo. "

Ice does more damage if you have HM skill, which he does. Otherwise it won't.

Archived