My first main class should be ranged or melee?

Rabiia

Pretty much title.
I'm a casual player who likes doing both PVE and PVP.

I play with 100 - 150~ ms. 
I've played melee in every single MMO i've tryed. I love the dodge, block and parry shit.
But my question is, with my ping wich class is going to be more enjoyable? I don't really want to play a ranged class as it seems boring to me... like being ranged throwing shit is not my thing. But many people has told me that if I play a melee class in this game i'll regret it.

I must add that I love the comboing kind of gameplay. Any advice people? 

hm i have been playing kfm since beta, and i have sticked with it still.. i really enjoy playing tankish in this game, i found it rewarding and that i can be able to help the groups that i get into :) 

but i would say you should try play some classes to level 20-25 at least, see what you like from there :P

I've played every single class to lvl 30. 
Enjoyed kfm > bm > sf > sin > destro > fm > sum > bd > Wl 
In that order I LOVE KFM playstyle like LOOOOOOVEEEE
But SOO many people, including friends told me that I won't be able to do anything succesfully with my ping, i must add that i'm using a ping reducer software.
Is that true? Really kfm suck with that ping? 

pretty much all classes will suffer from 100+ ping since there's no skill buffering. (except maybe summoner ?)
When i'm lagging at 120 ms, i can feel that's its slower than usually, tho it does not prevent me from tanking with my BM and holding aggro. 

if someone is worried about what class to play with your ms, you can find nice videos on youtube explaining what is preferable ping for certain class, as for kfm i know should be ~50ms, otherwise your ani cancel rotation not gona work as it should be. 

Another video what i could suggest to see comparison low ping vs high ping and how it's affecting attacks :) definitely you will lose dps if you have high ping and playing lets say kfm :) i tested it and i know how is, but still sticked to kfm :D i hope ncsfoft will fix that ping problem soon. 

Ping comparison:

Ping advice for classes:

On 18/07/2016 at 0:10 PM, Rabiia said:

I don't really want to play a ranged class as it seems boring to me... like being ranged throwing shit is not my thing. But many people has told me that if I play a melee class in this game i'll regret it.

If you play ranger class you will regret it because as you say, you dont like it. So if im you, i play a melee class because its what i like :) And you can still have a second ranged character, for exemple it will be usefull in ssp. But for enjoy the game take melee, maybe its a bit harder but i dont think the diference is so big.

In my case i always prefered to play ranged class, but both type have his advantages and inconvinient anyway.

I really like my Forcemaster(Ranged class), some people think it's simply spamming your spells but I disagree.

With FM you're more busy evading and kiting than actually tanking when you have aggro.

Also because FM has huge DPS, sustain and utility, I love bringing that extra punch. 

The only downsides to FM, I'd say:

1. Newbie unfriendly, because you need to know your spells well to do the most DPS (Due certain skills giving more damage and/or cd for other dps spells)

2. Other FM's can screw you over with overlapping skills

3. You don't have a melee block from the start or hard time putting skill points into it on low level

4. A lot of skills feel useless in the begin, but can be used later in the game very well.

If you were considering a FM I hope this helped.

On 17/7/2016 at 11:29 AM, Fryc69 said:

OH if someone is worried about what class to play with your ms, you can find nice videos on youtube explaining what is preferable ping for certain class, as for kfm i know should be ~50ms, otherwise your ani cancel rotation not gona work as it should be. 

Another video what i could suggest to see comparison low ping vs high ping and how it's affecting attacks :) definitely you will lose dps if you have high ping and playing lets say kfm :) i tested it and i know how is, but still sticked to kfm :D i hope ncsfoft will fix that ping problem soon. 

Ping comparison:

Ping advice for classes:

OH SHIT OH SHIT I HAVE 240 MS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived