Story time

Huuxera

11 minutes ago, BuckForte said:

I do expect people to know how to iframe. He never told me he wa lagging either, so that can't be an excuse.

i was able to iframe 8 cruxes even without hm block, with something like this handicap hm block, I just can't imagine a BM that still can't do it. That's why I said cake walk. He did actually died because I refused to stop at icephase. 

I'll tell you more detail into the story

for SF, I could iframe all days, because the skills will just cycle cd by itself, I didn't need anyone to save me.

with a party of 550+ AP, why the hell would you need to stop at ice phase, a complete waste of time. I just asking him to hm block to help the others. I could revive them but I didn't care if he fail. But he keep yelling at me and told me to stop dps at ice phase which is unreasonable and stubborn on his and my part. Don't expect me to cover to that level of failure. Story comes to close, I didn't expect him to be any use, he died at ice phase and I completely carried the whole party.

of course he died and snapped, blame it on me for his dead. I told him he got HM block, either get good or gtfo.

He said you are running dungeon with party, not solo, so you should do what's good for everyone, and argument went on, I told him he's a useless BM then he shows me his achievement. 

My point is, if you suck, you should take the carry and be fkin grateful about it.

There NOW I could agree with you unlike your first post where it was completely vague + the "git guud" comment where it sounds like you were the arrogant one instead of the bm being the ass for yelling/blaming ya.  

Edit: that's what happened to this naryu run, people likes to blame the low level people more than themselves. 

You should always check the AP of high hm lvl summoners, destroyers, and maybe fm's. These are the usual bot classes. If you have a high hm lvl for these classes and they look like a fashion disasters on the lobby screen, then check their AP. And by fashion disaster, I don't mean the weapon. I mean like are they wearing the noob clothes like hm outfit, the storyline outfits, temptation as well because this is an outfit that bots usually have because this was a grind event outfit and bots can easily grind. Are they not wearing any buyable outfits from the hm store or any difficult-to-farm outfits such as pirate princess, wild horse, seductress, other 4 man clothes, etc?

The reason why they have high hm lvl and low AP is because they can bot and grind 24/7 for the exp. Even if the playerbase doesn't grind on mobs because its kind of crappy exp, bots can make a dent because its botting for hours. 

23 hours ago, BuckForte said:

with a party of 550+ AP, why the hell would you need to stop at ice phase, a complete waste of time.

Let me throw this in: if you don't have enough AP to burst down yeti before he sucks in the cruxes, well THAT is a waste of time. Cause if you don't have a BM or whatever to block all his attacks while you're still able to dps, instead lets say you have an FM with Frost or have to iframe, then you have to stop dpsing anyway until he finishes all 8 cruxes. That is a waste of time as well. Party settings are random unless you have a solid party of regulars but not all of us have the luxury. Another thing is I just dislike the whole room being filled with ice puddles. Yeti can push tank into the puddle or you just accidentally step in: again, waste of time. Long story short I never said it was impossible to cover the cruxes, quite the opposite, I could even quote myself. I just said I'd prefer people learn and use the mechanics because it's always better to rely on that instead of expecting people to keep up a solid dps/not lag/be able to do their rotation properly etc.

Other story: one of my first yeti runs, people were discussing before the run, if they should step on the puddles or kill the mushrooms. There were two first timers, so I patiently sat down to explain them what to do. FM person over 600 AP: "stop wasting my time, I'll cover the cruxes, you don't have to care about it" and charges in before I could finish explaining/grab dragon heart etc.

First... "stop wasting my time". Aren't we all wasting hours on this game daily anyway? Does 3 minutes of explaining REALLY matter as much? Isn't it a lot more time if we happen to wipe and start again? Second, why did she even pug then? Could've just joined a premade if she was in suuuuch a hurry. Third. Why should I skip explaining? She claims to cover the cruxes, which I honestly don't think she can, but those two newbies won't always run with her and how about just... help them learn the mechanics? Maybe it will be more useful for them later on?

Needless to say we wiped, our lovely FM friend lagged. That's all. You lag once and the whole concept of covering the cruxes is ruined. (Plus she rushed and we didn't have time to get dragonblood either. And, of course, always the low AP person will be blamed, especially if they lie on the ground dead.) That's why you should rather rely on the mechanics rather than just roll your face on your keyboard because you're over 600 AP and did yeti over 500 times. 

Not everyone lives in the server room to have 20 ping, not all of us have high end PC either. It's a cricketing MMO, which means you play with other people and it's expected for all of us to be considerate of each other. If people decide to be selfish and just do whatever they want (like, people rushing ahead in blue daily dungeons, finishing the quests while people are still loading... or pugging narrows on daily and leaving low lvl people behind... etc etc) they should just go play a freakin solo offline game instead.

It might seem like that right now, but I don't automatically go offensive against high AP people. But sometimes it's just ridiculous how high-and-mighty they act. In the said Naryu run that I failed with my wife, I remember her saying "so many high levels, I feel overwhelmed". And she was right about that because she got blamed right away when we wiped. Just because she has "low" AP. (Again, 405 AP for naryu is pretty decent??? We saw people in naryu gateway, higher lvl than her, with about 380 AP or even less)

People should stop relying on AP or think AP is the thing that defines someone's existence. I wish I had a screenshot of faction chat but usually when people get into arguments in /f, they do a profile check and start pointing fingers at the one with lower AP. "You're only 500 AP, you're just a waste of bandwidth, you have no rights to be in this game, go uninstall you scum". That's pretty upsetting to see, especially since I consider 500 AP actually pretty high, because I also had to put a lot of time and effort to reach over 500 AP on my mains.

Archived