About gem slots for Hongmoon weapon

Hello guys, so I have a question for you: are the default gem slots randomized for the Hongmoon weapon ? Because the true Profane weapons of three of my characters all have 3 gems slots but I leveled a Soul Fighter and noticed that I only have ONE gem slot at true profane stage 10 right now.... is it intended or a bug? 

I don't think it's randomized at all. It's a rather sneaky change made. I have several 30ish characters that all have 3 gem slots on their low level weapons but my new SF has only 1 slot. Cash shop win for gem hammers?

It has been stated by NCsoft in the patch notes that the gem slots have been standardized.
 Meaning you only get 1 gem slot, the rest you need to unlock with hammers.

Additionally slots unlocked with hammers are permanent, they do not get removed anymore when you upgrade to oathbreaker.

22 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

It has been stated by NCsoft in the patch notes that the gem slots have been standardized.

Additionally slots unlocked with hammers are permanent, they do not get removed anymore when you upgrade to oathbreaker.

What if you have a Scorpio Weapon with 6 sockets, all unlocked with gemhammers and upgrade to legendary. Will you still have 6 slots? Atm i have 4 slots and dont want to use gemhammers now if there is a chance that i loose those sockets when i upgrade.

17 minutes ago, Ch4oskn1ght said:

What if you have a Scorpio Weapon with 6 sockets, all unlocked with gemhammers and upgrade to legendary. Will you still have 6 slots? Atm i have 4 slots and dont want to use gemhammers now if there is a chance that i loose those sockets when i upgrade.

From True Scorpio to Legendary you are guarantee a minimum of 3 slots and a maximum of 6 of course, so yes it will be re-roll, just that you will never go below 3. If you are planning to go legendary soon, don't bother opening a new slot on your weapon.

2 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Uhm I see... what a shitty change... Thx for the info though!

3 minutes ago, Sherlock MacDumpster said:

Uhm I see... what a shitty change... Thx for the info though!

Actually its a good change. Before this when you upgraded to oathbreaker, it reset the numbr of sockets you had, so if you had 4 sockets you could have ended up with 1.

11 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Actually its a good change. Before this when you upgraded to oathbreaker, it reset the numbr of sockets you had, so if you had 4 sockets you could have ended up with 1.

I planed to stay on True profane for a while while having a diamond, amethyste and a ruby to pve a bit considering I leveled SF to mostly do pvp so it's annoying for me... They could have just kept the 3 gem slots and not *cricket*ing rng reset them when going oathbreaker (which was one of the most stupid thing Ive seen in this game) but nope...

Archived