New blade dancer?

Yashuoa

Hi bladedancers.

as an alt I want to make a melee. I already have an fm.

So I am thinking of making a bladedancer (in doubt between bd, bm and soulfighter).

It will be mainly for pvp, but with some pve on the side.

I know that bladedancers are good in pvp (with their allround toolkit), but

what I heard about bladedancers in pve is that they dont really have a role in there.
They are not tank. Their dps is lower than many others+less useful utility and Des seems to grab bosses better.
This is correct? Their allround toolkit is a disadvantage in pve?

If you only do a bit casual pve, will you already run into issues for bladedancer in pve?
Or only for hardcore pve?

Which 3 classes are the most difficult to beat in pvp for bladedancers?
or dont you really have a real difficult counter? Like only slight advantages and slight disadvantages?

In pvp/pve do BD and DES synergize badly with each other? I read something due to aerials of the BD it

would work better with ranged?

What differs between a blade dancer and a destroyer is survivabilty in my opinion. Blade dancers have a lot of iframes and like the destroyer they have a spin to block attacks. The Z skill for example can iframe multiple attacks so bosses like yeti are easy to dodge. The V skill can iframe too and on top of that it can heal you. Don't forget that bd's can also attack while grabbing someone while destroyers just stand there while grabbing the boss.

If you can ani cancel perfectly, a lightning build bd can dish out a lot of damage in pve. Maybe not as much as an sin but sins are generally harder to play and I have seen many of them die for no reason. (being dead=no dps) 

Furthermore.. what I like about the blade dancer is that he can pick up the small yeti in avalanche den very easily. (The one in the room with stairs) Sin's can permastealth and solo it but a lot of them fail that too lol.

On ‎14‎-‎6‎-‎2016 at 5:01 PM, Shinsetsu said:

No offense, but nobody feels like answering these kinds of topics. The info you want is already around in other threads so don't expect anyone to compile the answers nicely for you.

I didnt see a question answered on the first 4 pages, so the thread doesnt seem that repeatable in that context.

Its not like I am asking to compile a huge bunch of info or anything.

Question 1 and 3 are a yes or no answer.

Question 2 is a bit more open answer. Something like

class X Y are roughly even vs BD.

Class A B have the advantage.
Class C D have disadvantage and maybe % or something to specify tad more.

But oh well, if  people dont want to answer than so be it.

Maybe some still will.

On ‎15‎-‎6‎-‎2016 at 2:39 AM, Natello said:

What differs between a blade dancer and a destroyer is survivabilty in my opinion. Blade dancers have a lot of iframes and like the destroyer they have a spin to block attacks. The Z skill for example can iframe multiple attacks so bosses like yeti are easy to dodge. The V skill can iframe too and on top of that it can heal you. Don't forget that bd's can also attack while grabbing someone while destroyers just stand there while grabbing the boss.

If you can ani cancel perfectly, a lightning build bd can dish out a lot of damage in pve. Maybe not as much as an sin but sins are generally harder to play and I have seen many of them die for no reason. (being dead=no dps) 

Furthermore.. what I like about the blade dancer is that he can pick up the small yeti in avalanche den very easily. (The one in the room with stairs) Sin's can permastealth and solo it but a lot of them fail that too lol.

Maybe I wasnt to clear. I meant that I am probably gonna play together often with someone who plays destroyer.

And I wondered if BD and Destroyer would work well together in teams (pvp/pve). As in, do they synergize well?

As I heard that BD is a lot about aerial and works better with people who can attack on a target in aerial (destroyers cant. They can only pull someone in the air back to the ground).

Also destroyer and BD are both the class who can grab bosses in pve and i didnt know if having them both in the team is no problem, advantageous or disadvantageous.

Or that they both are meant for the same spot so to speak (talking casual pve regarding the pve part).

True a dead class=0 dmg.

I truly played only BD myself, but maybe can toss in two cents from my own experience.

First and foremost, your guess that BD and aerials are strong in party is wrong. They are useful when you need to buy time (Naksun and similar solo challenges when you wait for your skill to reuse), but in a party kicking the boss (or anything party is hitting) up will only earn you stream of curses. So ... either spec Take Flight to only deal dmg when used (without the knockup) or stay out of your F if you don't have 3 wind focuses/or are not in a draw stance. Makes things easier for everyone.

As far as the cooperation with destroyer goes, I never encountered a problem. True, I only have double stun specced on 2 and almost never grab the boss unless I have mostly ranged party, because unlike destroyer you lift the mob "above" yourself ... which makes people around search for the hitboxes, wasting the precious time you try to buy by grabbing the boss in the first place. 25% def decrease for two seconds after you drop the boss (due to your attacks to the boss) is nice, but when ppl can't hit and replenish their focus, it doesn't weight over the damage dealt in comparsion when the boss would stay on the ground. As an ass saving thing it's great though, cause I only need to press 2 (doublestun) and lift the boss, while rushing away from the dead member/s so they can recover at peace, tanking him myself for some time. But that rarely happens as ppl knows what to do in the first place.

BD as a tank .... well, not impossible, but probably not very comfortable for the party for the reasons I said above. While you can deal pretty decent DPS (draw stance takes huge lead), jumping around the boss like madman and turning him around has to be everything but pleasant experience for meeles (ranged doesn't care). When in draw stance, unless you have specced bladeguard, you can't block anything without directly using invul frames (Z,Q/E,SS) because it will make you drop the draw stance (Tab spin, X, V (when specced for invul).

Otherwise I see my role in the party as a support CC (stun) and besides that, decent DPS source (sometimes I tear the boss off from even FM, but can be that FM is just slacking off). Tank if I have to and there's no other way works somehow as well. And very rarely, if there's no BM with HM block, you can spec Maelstrom for party protection for 2 seconds. Can help some, but sadly share the use block with BM HM block (which is unarguably better for PVE).

PVP wise ... I think they don't really have proper counter class. Personally I don't do pvp much cause I suck at it (and high ping spikes are not helpful at all), but in general: You can spin = parry almost infinitely as long as you get hit, the focus returns back to you. Successful parry = stun = chance to knockup and do unescapable aerial combo, pick the target up before they can recover with 4 and unless they have escape grab specced, you can have your way with them (mostly). Everything can be parried, ranged attacks, shurikens, close-up attacks .... CCs as well. The timeframe is only 0,5sec from the start of the spin, but ppl who can handle this are truly pain in the ass for most of the classes I believe. Even with summoner, you can burst down what comes to your target first (if it's cat, it will make the rest of the fight easier for a good deal at least) and then take care of what's left (if something).

On contrary, if your oponent aims for that small opening after the 0,5sec of the spin, you are probably a dead meat. Knowing other classes skills, amount of escapes/possible ccs and skills tied to them etc is a must though.

Hope this helps.

5 hours ago, Yashuoa said:

I didnt see a question answered on the first 4 pages, so the thread doesnt seem that repeatable in that context.

Its not like I am asking to compile a huge bunch of info or anything.

Question 1 and 3 are a yes or no answer.

Question 2 is a bit more open answer. Something like

class X Y are roughly even vs BD.

Class A B have the advantage.
Class C D have disadvantage and maybe % or something to specify tad more.

But oh well, if  people dont want to answer than so be it.

Maybe some still will.

Maybe I wasnt to clear. I meant that I am probably gonna play together often with someone who plays destroyer.

And I wondered if BD and Destroyer would work well together in teams (pvp/pve). As in, do they synergize well?

As I heard that BD is a lot about aerial and works better with people who can attack on a target in aerial (destroyers cant. They can only pull someone in the air back to the ground).

Also destroyer and BD are both the class who can grab bosses in pve and i didnt know if having them both in the team is no problem, advantageous or disadvantageous.

Or that they both are meant for the same spot so to speak (talking casual pve regarding the pve part).

True a dead class=0 dmg.

Both bd and des have good cc, so both are good classes to disable bosses. Let's assume that you and the other player (the des) are going to duo a boss.

You engage as the bd with raid (2 skill) and stun the boss. When the boss is stunned, you can grab him while the destroyer keeps wacking while not getting hit. The destroyer benefits a lot from a grabbed boss, because when he's attacking a grabbed enemy he will unlock a new skill on his left click called wrath. Wrath does a lot more damage than his normal left click skill. After your grab ends, the destroyer can use his cc and grab the boss again. Like destroyers.. bladedancers also benefit from attacking a grabbed enemy. They can spam sunder (rightclick skill) while not losing focus. (Sunder normally uses a lot of focus.) Rinse and repeat.

Using the strategy, you both will not get hit a lot since the boss get's perma cc'ed. Combine this strategy with 4 more people who can dps and you will have an easy time downing the boss. I once had a full team with destroyers and the boss couldn't do anything because he kept getting grabbed. It was funny to watch. Never use aerial combo's in pve, they are a waste of dps.

It's true that you might not do as much damage as a full team with forcemasters or assassins, but like I said.. being dead = no dps. Might as well have someone who can lower the chance of dying by cc'ing the boss. If you are sure that nobody will die then a full team with force masters will be better than everything else, but since the pve community is pretty bad you will not encounter a lot of people with perfect mechanics. 

Everything else you've asked has been answered by Jitt.

Archived