SSP Bots and Grindtooth, SSP keys - suggested change to loot/quests

1. As some of you may have noticed, getting credit on Grindtooth can be incredibly frustrating. As melee, Grindtooth constantly charges out of range and casts CC's. However, that's only half the problem.

Right before he spawns, ranged class bots appear in the channel. When he does spawn, they melt him in a matter of seconds. As a result, it is very difficult to get credit on Grindtooth and turn your quest in if you are not a top geared ranged class.

It's pretty obvious why the bots are farming Grindtooth - his chest potentially gives the greatest amount of SSP keys, which are about 2.7-3G on the market. His chest can be obtained repeatedly, even if you weren't participating in the mining any time before he spawns.

My suggestion is to remove Grindtooth's chest as a loot drop and move it to the daily quest reward for defeating him. This way, bots will not have any reason to farm him, making it easier for players to get quest credit.

2. As another suggestion, SSP keys should drop from all bonus monsters (Bulbari, Augurite, Golden Pig) during the mining phase. There are FAR TOO FEW sources of obtaining keys - participating in a full capture/mining phase will only get you 1-2 keys on average.

The Hoglin Captains and Unbound Conscripts should have a chance to drop keys as well.

they aren't all bots, but actually a multiboxer.

a multiboxer is someone that has a parent program that oversees the children programs, whatever the parent pushes the child will too.

that's why you see mobs all move together, it is how the program actually works.

I haven't seen this issue on my server really (EU Cardinal Gates), I'm mostly trying to DPS compete against other better geared players while bots are just busy speed hacking to soldiers and meteorites... either way I'm kind of torn with this idea, at the same time it'd make people split more with the grindtooth bosses instead of doing the north-south routine that effs up the less geared peeps in the chance to even get credit for the daily quest, not to mention it'd make people do the battle sequences as well since they'd have to get more keys from the other faction bosses instead of just farming grindtooth all day long... yet it'd also make people rage like heck because they love dem keys from grindtooth.

What I however don't like is the idea of adding even a chance for the keys to drop from Hoglins and Conscripts, sometimes people already do the nasty thing of killing the captains up at the hill where you have to, again, compete to get a tag at least on either one of them, so adding key drop chances to them would increase this behaviour a lot. Keys dropping from bulbari and such would be nice though and I agree that keys tend to be scarce otherwise if you don't get both of the grindtooth bosses.

Archived