Warlock in SSP/against the big AOEs?

DomiSotto

Hi folks, I was wondering if you could give me tips on surviving the Unchained things in the SSP on the Warlock (and other big AoEs). I just reached level 45, and I was wondering what I have to do for those bosses that flood the area red with the 1-shot-kill?

2 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

Hi folks, I was wondering if you could give me tips on surviving the Unchained things in the SSP on the Warlock (and other big AoEs). I just reached level 45, and I was wondering what I have to do for those bosses that flood the area red with the 1-shot-kill?

Level up more, get better soulhield. It doesnt oneshot. You cant really do anything, keep at range, and then issue becomes only poison, and that thorn aoe. Fire nova (that wave aoe from him) is easy to z or ss.

With 50+k hp it doesnt oneshot you at all, just be careful when it hits you, to heal back up for next one. 

Oh and best is, when you rank up, gather 100 prestige and get second buff from drums. Then they hurt only a little.

At level 45 you should just focus to get 50 asap. (or use naryu soulshields)

Worst bane for warlocks aint aoes, but aggro, with 2 iframes, you can just pray that someone taunts or stuns him, or bye bye. Managed few times to taunt with thrall right when he pulled me, worked too, but its just luck.

I know that I will be leveling up, but to get the soul shields I will have to also run BSH and Naryu and all of them have those floody AoEs, so I was wondering what skills for Warlock will work against those (and later in SSP). So far I only know that Z helps against a lot of things, and C prevents knock-outs. The highest dungeon I ran so far was Brightstone.

I am not really getting a lot of heal backs from leech, so I was wondering how the WLs survive in the later content.

The main source of heal is your Wingstorm (T3F2) when you have a decent amount of crit chance.

To resist red aoe you have : SS, Bastion and your quell (T3F1) that you can use even without blocking. Every skill that say it make you resistant to damage is called iframe and is the only way to resist red aoe other than getting out before damages.

16 hours ago, Cridgen said:

The main source of heal is your Wingstorm (T3F2) when you have a decent amount of crit chance.

To resist red aoe you have : SS, Bastion and your quell (T3F1) that you can use even without blocking. Every skill that say it make you resistant to damage is called iframe and is the only way to resist red aoe other than getting out before damages.

care to explain how you use quell against terror aoes? maybe im missing something, never worked for me

Sorry, one more question, what is the decent critical chance? I know on my Summoner, no matter what I do I sit at 42-43% (even fusing the crits on the shields), when the benchmark is 50% it seems. So, if my crit will be that low, will I get decent self-heals or might as well not bother?

37 minutes ago, 864276_1452550324 said:

Repulse gives you a one second iframe. This brings the warlocks iframes up to three. ss, z, 1f (repulse).  

i know that theory, but how in praxe it works against terror aoe?

Well, block worked for me for some bosses (like Lycan) but it was not against a red AoE. I also did not talent Quell, just use the non-talented 1F. But I am actually getting hopeful with what you are saying, because in my experience, it is normally sufficient to live through one AoE to get enough damage in before and after, and then disengage for the rest of the fight if HPs get dangerously low. I still have a lot of reservations about a warlock in the L45+  game content, but with this info I am going to give it a shot, while I am waiting on the next character slot.

4 hours ago, babeln said:

i know that theory, but how in praxe it works against terror aoe?

It will be really difficult against terror aoe since they are quite fast and you need 2 buttons to trigger the iframe from quell. Personnaly, since I have some lag/low fps in ssp, I can't do it, since even bastion trigger often too late when I use it when i see the red aoe.

I was talking about quell iframe because OP said after initial post that he needed information for over things than ssp.

Warlock dps is heavily dependant on crit, so the more you are, the better and you can have 50%+ quite easily at lvl 50 with yeti soulshields.

Warlock have very few iframe, but it is enough for all the game content so far. Only problem I see concerning iframe may be on scorpion queen if :

- You don't keep some scorpions adds alive or have a FM that sheath you trough 3 aoe

- You don't have soulburn/time distortion up to reset the iframe cd after 3 aoe

On 26. 5. 2016 at 10:44 PM, Cridgen said:

It will be really difficult against terror aoe since they are quite fast and you need 2 buttons to trigger the iframe from quell. Personnaly, since I have some lag/low fps in ssp, I can't do it, since even bastion trigger often too late when I use it when i see the red aoe.

I was talking about quell iframe because OP said after initial post that he needed information for over things than ssp.

Warlock dps is heavily dependant on crit, so the more you are, the better and you can have 50%+ quite easily at lvl 50 with yeti soulshields.

Warlock have very few iframe, but it is enough for all the game content so far. Only problem I see concerning iframe may be on scorpion queen if :

- You don't keep some scorpions adds alive or have a FM that sheath you trough 3 aoe

- You don't have soulburn/time distortion up to reset the iframe cd after 3 aoe

thats what i mean, its slow and quite clumsy, almost unusable, i better dont even count with it as iframe (might be my ping as well)

and theres no problem to live as wl, mine has 60perc crits, and with healing boost from belt, i have quite crazy self sustain, even if i eat some hit, here and there

Not sure on which server you are or what sort of faction balance there is but usually in ssp everyone move to one side to zerg terror asp most of times i can do one rotation when all my skills hit cd (early moring etc when not many ppl are online) otherwise it dies after 2nd wingstorm (helix build).

Advice for terror is:        - NEVER attack it first you dont want aggro from that thing if need be wait till its 95% hp etc.

-Terror got spamable pull so basically if you get aggro and then try to make some distance you will get slamed in your

face so pop resist and pray that someone else takes aggro but dont move too far from it till its off your back

-from all his aoes only 2 can really 1 shoot you with decent hp (60k in here) one is easy to i frame if you are at 15m distance where he blast like wave thats moving from him to outside and 2nd where he blasts 3 smal aoe rapidly.

Everything else wont really kill you but they can drop your dps so getting loot might be an issue if you get hit often by his stuns and that knock back aoe but  those are so fast that its next to impossible to iframe it on time unless you have good ping

There is just one more aoe that drops nasty dot with rather big number ticks but pot can negate that one somewhat.

Tbh scorpio soulshield is decent as well and lot easier to get then yeti (coz you get 3 soulshields per run minimum sometimes even more compared to yeti 1 per run unless more drops from boss).

Considering how long i was farming that place i still hate those terrors and i seen some funny shiet with them. One dude had aggro from 2 terrors and they ware just pulling him up from one to other till he died was rather funny to see living ping pong ball.

Regarding perstige buff you need quite high rank to hold 100 perstige without that charm otherwise cost of that buff jumps by 50 perstige or 2g depending how you get it.

And you can't spend perstige once you get buff coz you will lose it so doing that tactics might not be benificial on low faction rank.

what I normally do in SSP as a lock, on the pigs you can just burn them as normal, on the titans I don't even charge in till he does his 1st red aoe, by then you maybe have to eat or iframe 1 more red circle but you can live thru it, after the titan save your pet and time lapse to burn down the monster for a good chest

on the pig at the end, with all the bots dps is key, what I do to get a chest is 2,F,4,V,Summon Pet if not allrdy up, Tab to activate Time Lapse, 4,V,4,V and so on and hitting 4 for more DC if you have the HM skill. Its dead before your Time Lapse ends

yes basicaly, farming ssp on wl - pick side where is less people, burn pigs by highest burst you can to get prestige(distortion souburn and do your best, pig never kills you, it wont even hurt you almost at all). Sometimes, not at peak times, theres just 3ppl on one side, which means 225/3 prestige from one pig, thats main source of prestige. 

On terrors, if you have daily done, you can just avoid them completely (not worth 15-25 prestige for chance to die), or just wait till its 90-80perc hp, then burst it. If you are solo, at same time when terrors come, also spawns normal mobs at mid, each one gives you 7 prestige, its worth considering killing them, then go to terror when its 50-60 perc hp, get some prestige there too. Safe way, more prestige.

Thank you, guys! I am using helix build, the other one I did not like, because of the whole standing around while the dragons coil in the air thing. :) I think I will start with learning to kill the first guy during the capture, and the Captains to build up 25 pp for the flower quest. I think terrors are going to be out of my league for a while, since at the moment my HPs are 20K, and it will be a while till I can get any sort of good soulshields.

I don't think I will be able to get any HM skills save for the 5K beans one, whatever that is for the WL. That's the only HM skill I have on my Summoner, and I have no idea how you get the other ones save for a generic idea that it's both very expensive and very hard. :) I am getting an impression that a WL is quite dependent on the HM skills. Overall, I want to try a few classes, before committing to one character if the game keeps my interest. Without trying and seeing a toon in the 50/low HMs I have no idea if I can cope with the class, like the character/skills/etc and it's a good match to what I like doing in the game. There are things I like about a Warlock, but I do not love it so far.

3 minutes ago, Natose said:

the achievement vendor or pvp vendor are your best bets, its not hard to get the ach points

I've been playing for 3 months, and have about 950 achievement points on my Summoner. I feel that if I find a character that I really want to fully commit to, I will start looking in the advanced gearing and HM books. I do not see the point of investing time till I know that the character is going to be my main, and that I am going to stay & play. The way this games are, it is very easy to stop having fun and not notice it with all the false sense of needful things they create. And we live only one life. :)

6 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

I've been playing for 3 months, and have about 950 achievement points on my Summoner. I feel that if I find a character that I really want to fully commit to, I will start looking in the advanced gearing and HM books. I do not see the point of investing time till I know that the character is going to be my main, and that I am going to stay & play. The way this games are, it is very easy to stop having fun and not notice it with all the false sense of needful things they create. And we live only one life. :)

Wise words said there. Tbh warlock was not my class of choice but was easier to handle then kfm coz off all sort of reasons.

Regarding those achievements its not hard to farm them up but thats the problem you need to grind them away and the most retarded thing is that they are not account wide.

And with all those dailys and stuff my log in time is usually the same routine which has gotten quite boring lately...

Archived