How important is shadow Rmb ?

Thoron

1 hour ago, Thoron said:

As title states....I've seen it get some nice buffs in Korea , so I was wondering about it here?

also any advice on how to time it ? It's a bit odd to me 

Amazing, but very very different, im running with it 2 days, still getting used to it.

Tap it, if you have 3obrs, do helix - if not, do rupture - if you cant rupture, do lmb - tap rmb again, and you have 3 orbs (in like 90perc cases) and lowered wingstorm cd. I put stress on tap, cuz my fingers automatically started mashing rmb as in old times very hard to re learn reflexes.

Definitely allows you to use shadow wingstorm, cuz it lowers cd greatly. Makes boring rmb rmb rmb into quite complex sequences, i found myself sometimes spamming still helix, then oh omg why i dont wingstorm, several seconds laying off cd and i forget to use it lol.

+ its easy to pull double helix in wingstorm tick just by - rmb V 4 rmb 4 rmb 4 etc if you time it right (maybe one more wingstorm into that, cant say my ping is not best, but with 60,3perc crit change and doublecrit ruby it works good)

as i said, its quite complex and very changing play style (for me at least) and very fun

I recommend putting your rmb button in ui somewhere near your toons head, so you an see it all the time.

i miss no threat from ice rmb, but seems aggro formulas in game are either way pretty broken, at least in some cases, when its important most of time - like ssp terrors omg or hwang po worst!!!

either way, i would love some tips from some pro, to make sure if i do things right, cuz all i needed to figure myself, theres nowhere info on this

same with legendary weapons, which one to use, no pro warlock tips here

@Thoron I use Shadow RMB... and like @babeln said... you need to RMB and Rupture ( in this build you need the Shadow Rupture too forget the Ice one ) or LMB and then you have the perfect time for the Dimensional Salvo.

to help you understand how the Dimensional(Shadow RMB) skill works let me try to explain somethings.

this skill have 3 forms

- Dimensional Volley
- Dimensional Charge
- Dimensional Salvo (reduce CD of Wingstorm by 2 sec)

If Siphon is Actived you get 1 Spectral orb on Dimensional Charge and Dimensional Volley

the Volley is the 'normal' ( Red Icon) and when you cast it, it Began to Charge (purple Icon, dont cast this one) and after 1 sec it become Salvo (blue Icon) the one you need is the Salvo skill but since you need to cast the Volley and wait 1 sec to cast Salvo you need to find a way friendly to put it in your rotation.

PS.: if you have the HM version of Dimensional Volley it applies 1 Spectral orb without siphon and 1 addicional for crit)

Sry if there is some grammar issue =X

11 hours ago, Cordon said:

@Thoron I use Shadow RMB... and like @babeln said... you need to RMB and Rupture ( in this build you need the Shadow Rupture too forget the Ice one ) or LMB and then you have the perfect time for the Dimensional Salvo.

to help you understand how the Dimensional(Shadow RMB) skill works let me try to explain somethings.

this skill have 3 forms

- Dimensional Volley
- Dimensional Charge
- Dimensional Salvo (reduce CD of Wingstorm by 2 sec)

If Siphon is Actived you get 1 Spectral orb on Dimensional Charge and Dimensional Volley

the Volley is the 'normal' ( Red Icon) and when you cast it, it Began to Charge (purple Icon, dont cast this one) and after 1 sec it become Salvo (blue Icon) the one you need is the Salvo skill but since you need to cast the Volley and wait 1 sec to cast Salvo you need to find a way friendly to put it in your rotation.

PS.: if you have the HM version of Dimensional Volley it applies 1 Spectral orb without siphon and 1 addicional for crit)

Sry if there is some grammar issue =X

i would add, be sure to rmb before 4, when 4 crits, you do rmb after it, you have again 3 spectral orbs

it is quite lot of possibilities and allows to cast helix without wingstorm almost as often as with it, but i would love to see, someone who trully mastered and minmaxed it, how to do it most properly

Rotation isn't all that complicated

Use wingstorm if its up

use helix if its up (doesn't share GCD with most skills so you can spam 4 or hold it when you're not using wingstorm/leech)

rupture, mantra and volley(and variants) share GCD, so what you want is

volley (mantra/rupture) salvo volley (mantra/rupture) salvo volley ....

and while siphon

smash 4 and rmb, click v when wingstorm is up

all you need is get used to the volley __ salvo rhythm, use mantra every now and then instead of rupture so you don't go oom.

3 minutes ago, adbe said:

Rotation isn't all that complicated

Use wingstorm if its up

use helix if its up (doesn't share GCD with most skills so you can spam 4)

rupture, mantra and volley(and variants) share GCD, so what you want is

volley (mantra/rupture) salvo volley (mantra/rupture) salvo volley ....

and while siphon

smash 4 and rmb, click v when wingstorm is up

all you need is get used to the volley __ salvo rhythm, use mantra every now and then instead of rupture so you don't go oom.

just what i am doing, you just put it simplier, use helix when its up. So in reality its not so simple as it sounds, cuz helix is up every 1-2 seconds. Including that you need to focus iframes and mechanics, takes a while to get used to it, relearn for other builds (at least for me lol, 2,5 days and its getting better). But its really amazing and way more fun than ice rmb.

9 hours ago, Thoron said:

I'll have it here In a few days. Could someone post a video to help a brother out ? XD if u have Gtx 600 series + u can use shadow play !

im not sure if video (without pauses at every key press) can tell you anything

And I'm here like shackle,imprison,helix windstorm helix whenever possible tether siphon rinse repeat... Granted I don't have any HM skills yet so my rotation may yet improve (if and when I do get the HM skills)... Either way Helix spam is great could be more fun with HM skills but I'll get there haha

Archived