Need beginner tips for duo warlock

Natello

Hi,

Me and my friend want to create new characters and level up together through questing. We will be both in the same party doing everything duo. Both characters will be warlocks.

The thing is.. we have played the class before and we did not really like it. The damage seemed very lacking and the dragoncall skill seemed very slow since it needs to wind up first. The lmb and rmb skills seemed very weak too compared to our main classes (destroyer and kfm) 

However.. after playing with other warlocks on our mains, we realised that warlocks were surprisingly strong and it made us think that we played the class wrong.

We want to give it another try so I'm asking the forums for some tips to level the warlock. What skills do we use as a main damage source? What is our pve rotation? Any other tips/suggestions to level up our character fast?

Please let us know, thanks in advance. (Sorry if my english is bad.)

Well, I am running a low level guy, and so far found its DPS amazing. On early stages, I invested into RMB, Rupture and Thrall. I mainly run around and spam RMB hoping for rupture that explodes everything. For many mobs or thingies with many hitpoints, I do Trall then the 2-3-4.   :)

When I grow up, I hope to use this build:

Dragon Helix

Soon as you get Leech, You will be set. It's a matter of timing and throwing your skills into one area before they can kill you. If there are two of you then that shouldn't be an issue.

But start out like this. 

Player 1: Thrall, 3, V, 4(Dragon Helix). Then Leech should kick in so again. F, V, 4, F, 4, F, Etc.

Player 2: Skill 2, use it after Player 1 throws in the Thrall. Then use the 3, V, 4(Dragon Helix), Leech (f), V, 4, V 4.

When the first Thrall goes down. Switch around.

Your main DPS will come from V, 4 and Leech. Also let Skill 3 run its course so you can insta use Dragon Helix.

I find WL by far the strongest AoE dps, yet weakest def. I could solo bosses way easier and faster than my perma sin and BM.

If you duo with your friend, follow Crimsonjrjr combo, but you can figure your own combo easily later when you can upgrade skills, start with soul shackle [2] ( life saver) Use Dragon call [4] Wingstorm [V] Spam with Rapture [F] then Imprison [3] (upgraded: will reset [4] and [V] CD and cast instantly) Use DragonCall [4] (instant) Wingstorm [V] spam with Rapture [F] Use [X] Tether Blade to brand enemies and use Leech [F] to reset Dragon call and Wingstorm again, Use Dragoncall first, then wingstorm spamming with Rapture.

You can use LMB and AoE RMB in between for Healing and additional chi/damage.

I barely use Thrall, but can be handy for tanking and bosses fights, don't forget to upgrade his life to 32sec.
Combo in short:

2-4-V-F-LMB-F-LMB-F-3-4-V-F-LMB-F-LMB-F-X-F-4-V-F-LMB-F-LMB-F

You can replace LMB with RMB if you like.

I find WL ok, still rather sin and BM over it they have better impact to me :)

They might not be your type, play whatever you enjoy.

Archived