I see no discussion anywhere about Munition Blood Mane boss.

JCole

Which is strange because this boss sees you through any stealth skills we have is this a bug? I hope so because grouping is out for this class, created purely for soloing but why create a boss that can see you no matter what?Q!?!?!

Buddy I got bad news for you then lol...

Blood Mane has true sight - he sees through stealth. Most endgame bosses are like that in fact. Everything in the silverfrost purple dungeons also sees through stealth (pretty sure at least some do in the blue dungeons as well but I don't remember exactly which ones). Naryu lab bosses do as well. So do widows and hae mujin. Still it's not too hard to adapt to... Sin has lots of iframe skills and it's just a matter of better knowing attack patterns. And our more damaging build doesn't rely heavily on stealth anyways (dark build). 

Poharan sees through stealth. Widows sees through stealth. Hae Mujin sees through stealth. Minaou, Be Ido, and Fu/Raijin all see through stealth. Mushin's Pain sees through stealth. Junghado, Mushin's Rage, and Mushin's Darkness get a buff that lets them see through stealth. 90% of all bosses in Silverfrost Mountains see through stealth.

Now imagine if any of them could not see through stealth. Imagine how ridiculous it would be if we could avoid all of Yeti's mechanics.

Whelp back to my main then because in order to do a "dark build" I must have a very important must needed skill to complete the build and that skill is well... the final skill in the skill tree which can not be unlocked with beans. I've wasted all this got darn time leveling this broken class... grrrr,  I should have listen to  my brother but I was misguided by these so called got darn pro YouTube videos!!! and then i see this " Mushin's Darkness get a buff that lets them see through stealt" 

and I am sure more bosses going to get that same buff, I am done with this class until I get the skill I need to complete the build and then ill give it a swing.

3 hours ago, JCole said:

Whelp back to my main then because in order to do a "dark build" I must have a very important must needed skill to complete the build and that skill is well... the final skill in the skill tree which can not be unlocked with beans. I've wasted all this got darn time leveling this broken class... grrrr,  I should have listen to  my brother but I was misguided by these so called got darn pro YouTube videos!!! and then i see this " Mushin's Darkness get a buff that lets them see through stealt" 

and I am sure more bosses going to get that same buff, I am done with this class until I get the skill I need to complete the build and then ill give it a swing.

I mean, it's not like the stealth dps is bad. It still does decent damage. You just can't rely on it to hide you from those bosses. Dark build does do more damage, and yes Venom Slash/Pierce will help greatly with dark build, but you don't necessarily HAVE to have Venom Slash/Venom Pierce on critical Mist Slash before you can begin to implement it. Start off with making use of poison breath, time bomb, and fighting spirit to practice the combo. Use stealth stance when your 5 stacks of poison wear off until your poison breath is off of cooldown. Once you get the Hongmoon skills you need, use the dark build combo more in your gameplay. Dark Build uses a lot more skill juggling than stealth/lightning and yes, bosses' true sight makes lightning build less convenient, but after all, sin is considered a more difficult class to play. It requires some effort but, as you could probably see from those YouTube videos, the payoff for that effort can be pretty great.

That said, it's your alt, and it's up to you how much effort you wanna put into it. I'm just saying that you can stealth build forever on it and you'll still contribute plenty to parties. Just be careful cause bosses can see you.

lol what. Just because you have to play like other classes means you are giving up on a SIN? You can still use Dark build and STAY in stealth if you want to, just circle the boss to avoid their attacks, not hard at all. And im sure you would do the same on other non-tank classes and not just stand there attacking if you had aggro. 

SIN is different from other classes where you really do have to LEARN the class. It's not about, "oh my cooldown is up, lets use that attack again". SIN needs good timing to pull off a LOT of damage and dodging is a must so you can still pull off crazy DPS. But once you learn it, you will be very happy with it. 

I understand but I grew up using lightning and this news here is sad news  at this time for me. Staying hidden was never perfect, I still had to use my head to avoid massive damage and also died a lot because at many times I am stuck fighting a boss out of stealth and did not have enough out of stealth skills to use "lower levels" but I am not really given up on SIN. You all must understand that I have done my research and to read that Sins are not good in groups made me play the way I played and the fact that I ran into many sin players not grouped and would not group up, what i read became truth.

As a main Assassin fighting all these True-Sight bosses, I haven't had issues.

Even if the boss can see you, it doesn't necessarily mean it can hit you. With Blood Mane specifically he's swung and missed me many times, and his two aoes (the one where he knocks you down and the spin he does) can miss without me having to actively avoid them.

I also haven't had trouble in groups as an Assassin or finding groups, so I'm not sure what you mean there.

On 4/21/2016 at 0:29 PM, JCole said:

You all must understand that I have done my research and to read that Sins are not good in groups

What. Sins are literally gods in pretty much every single situation. We have almost every core utility and support skill from every class on top of our massive DPS. Whoever told you this is probably discriminating the class or just heavily underestimating them.

4 hours ago, Zawerni said:

As a main Assassin fighting all these True-Sight bosses, I haven't had issues.

Even if the boss can see you, it doesn't necessarily mean it can hit you. With Blood Mane specifically he's swung and missed me many times, and his two aoes (the one where he knocks you down and the spin he does) can miss without me having to actively avoid them.

There's boss indicators, and Sins have up to 6 iframes (Q, E, SS, X, C, and V). Unless fighting something like an Evolved monster with absurd attack speed, Assassins all the tools necessary to dodge, True Sight or not.

There's always practicing on Nightshade Blood Mane anyway since he has low damage for a True Sight mob.

On 4/21/2016 at 3:29 PM, JCole said:

You all must understand that I have done my research and to read that Sins are not good in groups made me play the way I played and the fact that I ran into many sin players not grouped and would not group up, what i read became truth.

When I am in a group I let the cc person use their cc to gather enemies because that's THEIR role. Then the SIN can take out anything that was cced alone if needed due to its high DPS, OUR role. With party save, fighting spirit, stealth, or even teleports/pull dead people, SINS are incredibly versatile.

I used lotus of rescue the other day on a clan mate to get them out of the ssp intel secret quest (x was on CD) and they we mind blown because they have no idea what a SIN can do. People just dont understand the class and that's the main issue. 

7 hours ago, devildawg said:

I used lotus of rescue the other day on a clan mate to get them out of the ssp intel secret quest (x was on CD) and they we mind blown because they have no idea what a SIN can do. People just dont understand the class and that's the main issue. 

Lotus of Escape/Rescue literally pulls people from miles away, a feat that cannot be accomplished by any other class including Force Master's Phantom Grip or Destroyer's Rescue. It's a godsend skill to our already godsend kit; pulled people are often flabbergasted by this teleport (or act like muted bots).

Assassins are literally the god-tier PvE class in this game, and have at least one major utility skill from every other class.

On 4/26/2016 at 8:44 PM, Shadovvv said:

Lotus of Escape/Rescue literally pulls people from miles away, a feat that cannot be accomplished by any other class including Force Master's Phantom Grip or Destroyer's Rescue. It's a godsend skill to our already godsend kit; pulled people are often flabbergasted by this teleport (or act like muted bots).

Assassins are literally the god-tier PvE class in this game, and have at least one major utility skill from every other class.

This comment makes me really happy.  Yes Sins are the gods of solo PvE but there is so much more to them than just that.  Sure a bad Sin is very noticeable but a good Sin is really good. 

Archived