Help with tanking

spongemike

So I read this thread but it seems to be more towards general play and maybe PvP but as we all know BM is mostly for tanking in dungeons. I am just wondering is there some guide and skills we need to take when tanking? KFM have skills that increase thread so it makes them easier to tank but I don't see that with BM. So how does you guys tank? I play as a FM and Summoner and there are many many times where I get aggro easily if I go all out and is not fun. My BM is currently lvl 31 and most of them dungeons I run it just seems to be either there is a really high level and I just give up tanking becasue no way I can keep aggro or some other range class gets aggro and I have to chase after them. Being in a boss fight I can't really stun or daze the boss so there isn't much I can do. Any suggestions?

a good BM tank can keep the agro away from anyone as long a u can keep ur rotation down or keep ur threat up even if for example a FM with higher AP then u is in party. what u mostly want to do is block the bosses fist auto attacks or yellow aoe attack so u can then proc ur Cyclone which builds up ur threat after that u should switch into ur draw stance and start using ur RMB attacks once ur focus gets low enough use ur 3 Key witch is ur 5 point strike if u spec it down all the way to the right side ur threat damage will increase by 3x after that u should keep ur focus up, CC boss or Iframe his attacks. then u should do whatever u can to keep Cyclone threat up as much as u can and when ever u 5 point strike is up use it if u do that a bunch of times even if u mess up/ get cced u should still have agro unless ur parties damage is high enough to take ur agro from those mistakes.

We have mainly 2 skills that builds aggro. Cyclone in basic stance, and 5 point strike in draw stance. Those 2 skills increase our threat by 150% for a certain amount of time. Cyclone requires you to block so if you ever lose aggro you would have to somehow get in front of him and try to block then use cyclone then go into draw stance burst as much as possible to build aggro and then use 5 point strike after the cyclones 150% time is done (don't remember how long) because they don't stack to 300% I believe

On 15. 4. 2016 at 9:14 PM, Loliqueen said:

We have mainly 2 skills that builds aggro. Cyclone in basic stance, and 5 point strike in draw stance. Those 2 skills increase our threat by 150% for a certain amount of time. Cyclone requires you to block so if you ever lose aggro you would have to somehow get in front of him and try to block then use cyclone then go into draw stance burst as much as possible to build aggro and then use 5 point strike after the cyclones 150% time is done (don't remember how long) because they don't stack to 300% I believe

Nope.

You are right that Cyclone gives you a 150% threat buff for 30s. This buff increases all threat you do and you want to have it always up (cyclone CD is 6s / 9s if you use iframe version).

If you spec five point strike into the stage 3, it doesn`t give threat buff but increases the threat of five point strike by 300%. This should stack with cyclone buff giving you a huge threat boost.

Above posters have basically covered most of what I would have to offer as advice. One extra thing I would mention is the extra ways to proc cyclone.

5-point strike generates a lot of threat, but most of the threat is generated in the last hit. Sometimes, I use my 5-point as an i-frame, and resisting attacks during this i-frame allows you to use cyclone. When you use cyclone, there's a purple icon that shows up, which indicates the length of the threat buff. I keep an eye on this an choose to use cyclone during my 5-point, if that timer is about to run out.

The other change I've made to my build recently is speccing my 2 in basic stance (Rush) into Multislash. This is a long i-frame (very useful against hard to time aoes) and allows you to proc cyclone also. In pug runs, this helps me rip away aggro from the trigger happy players who don't let me start.

Edit: I'm able to keep all my dps skills and have the skill points to spec into Multislash etc cause I'm level 50 HM7. Getting everything at lower levels would require some tradeoffs (like maybe losing the lightning rod daze, etc).

Archived