Silver Frost: How can i do for beat a blade dancer with assassin?

Onsterion

Hi all,

like the title: How can i do for beat a blade dancer with assassin?

I'm an Assassin lvl 50 HM 5, i can deal with all the classes but with the blade dancer is impossible.

Blade Dancer:

1- Resist all the CC all the time in all angles (o.O).
2- One button he put you in stun and throw up and you lose 35% of HP in 3 seconds (-.-).
3- Phantom grip (is a Jedi!).
4- Spin spin and continue spin so the stealth is useless (assassin without stealth can't do NOTHING).
5- Again one button knock down you and he can use the simple cancel animation and he can do more damage then a blade master (-.-*).
6- etc (impossible to deal with it).

Any advice? or idea? xD

Tab is your friend. Put 2 points in left side of LMB to hit through defense, wait until he doesn't spin and go for it. Drain CC-breaks, deal as much damage as possible. Play defensively and iFrame their throwing blade thing.

If you want a more detailed guide on how to deal with BD as a Sin I'd recommend these:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FQPf1drgC-aacGBitT6QAFqAQpPZo_b6sQQEd1iugj0/preview?pref=2&pli=1#heading=h.uw79m735umrd

18 minutes ago, Purestic said:

Tab is your friend. Put 2 points in left side of LMB to hit through defense, wait until he doesn't spin and go for it. Drain CC-breaks, deal as much damage as possible. Play defensively and iFrame their throwing blade thing.

If you want a more detailed guide on how to deal with BD as a Sin I'd recommend these:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FQPf1drgC-aacGBitT6QAFqAQpPZo_b6sQQEd1iugj0/preview?pref=2&pli=1#heading=h.uw79m735umrd

1- Yes i have a tab for deal with this rats and is better then the guy in video.
2- This video is too old, read my title and description: Silver Frost - lvl 50 HM 5, so the BDs have more skills.
3- BD's never stop spin, i lost my stealth and the rats never stop spinning.

No this is the best guide for a sin you can find so far + the most detailed it pretty much explains everything.Ive learned a lot from that person,im sure you will find what you want if you just watch it.

Not an Assassin, but I am a BD. I can give some insight on the opposite end of the fight, maybe it will help.

-Stealth is (mostly) irrelevant as an engage mechanic to us, we have too many tools to break it and punish it. Glide Rmb, V, Tab.

-Spinning for days is basically just what we do so you can't do the one skill that's actually a threat to us, Spinal Tap. We're basically forcing you to Turning Leaf for it which is easy to Maelstrom into. Once it whiffs we have 18 seconds of free reign to go ham on the Assassin. 

-We play for CD's. Basically once we burst you with an aerial juggle we go defensive. Literally just running in circles kiting until our full combo is back up. This means after we combo you, YOU have 18-24 seconds to try and punish us as best as you can. We're going to play the slow game. We won't manfight you, we won't have a CD clash war, we're going to sit back and wait for you to initiate and counterplay. 

-Don't think Decoy does anything. We're going to Blitzblade it. We're going to Blitzblade it and punish you for it and it's going to hurt. You're probably better off just not using it.

-When we force choke you, don't Flashbomb immediately. We'll try and time Q/E against it if you immediately do it and if you whiff that, bad things happen. We'll try and lightning brand you as well which prevents stealth. If you do get branded (and likely combo'd afterwards) we're going to go offensive.

-Why is the BD always facing sideways when I fight him? That's because your offensive teleport skills always put you on the opposite side of us based on where YOU are facing, not where we are facing. It allows us easier reaction time since you won't be behind us, if you see a BD always facing their side to you, expect a hard fight because they probably know what they're doing. 

Things bad BD's will do:

-Throw their sword at you from a neutral position. This is just ASKING to get punished because we can't use any skills while the sword is mid-air. You're probably only se this skill come out during a juggle. 

-Spin to lose. This ones pretty obvious, yes we spin a lot to prevent engages and break hide, but we can only spin like 6 times in a row before we run out of focus so count them. If you hover to close and make them panic you can bait their focus, and BD's are super super SUPER bad without focus as the only way to get it back is through offensive techs.

-Blowing their Tab on the first stun. Self explanatory. If they panic tab on your opening just back off and wait to reengage. Doesn't matter if you blow your Tab now you have the advantage and their counterplay is limited to Q/E and Iframes which they probably can't do if they dropped Tab early in a panic.

2 hours ago, Onsterion said:

1- Yes i have a tab for deal with this rats and is better then the guy in video.
2- This video is too old, read my title and description: Silver Frost - lvl 50 HM 5, so the BDs have more skills.
3- BD's never stop spin, i lost my stealth and the rats never stop spinning.

Alright, don't appreciate me for trying to help you then. Have fun.

5 minutes ago, Purestic said:

Alright, don't appreciate me for trying to help you then. Have fun.

Child detected?  

Thanks for try to help but the information is out date.

I need the advice from a expert  assassins who can explain better possible mechanism for deal with blade dancers.

2 minutes ago, Onsterion said:

Child detected?  

Thanks for try to help but the information is out date.

Yeah, I think so. Being apparently pissed off because the help someone gave you isn't as good as you wanted it to be is pretty childish. I don't care if you're thankful or something but atleast don't be a **** about it the next time.

20 minutes ago, PandaBeat said:

Good luck on your own. From what I've read, you already PMS on the only guy who tried to help you. 

Good luck finding attention poor random i don't need a "try" for people who are not in the same situation.

P.D: Another useless comment. 

P.D2: Where are the experts assassin's T_T?

6 minutes ago, amorent said:

A person wanted to help you and you insult him, can you fuk off mate.Stay mad

and more people needing attention and do nothing for nothing. This guy (Purestic) start cry alone, i only remarked him the points of the post.

6 minutes ago, Onsterion said:

Good luck finding attention poor random i don't need a "try" for people who are not in the same situation.

P.D: Another useless comment. 

P.D2: Where are the experts assassin's T_T?

why you care so much what he thinks? you are like a kid wanting attention

8 minutes ago, Vanquishz said:

why you care so much what he thinks? you are like a kid wanting attention

Because i created this post? and not stop posting useless people like a spamming bots?. If you are not a assassin or if don't have a experience on how to deal with blade dancers, why you post? Simple you need attention.

This post is completely ruined congratulations useless :)

Is a shame for others assassins in the same situation.

2 minutes ago, Onsterion said:

Because i created this post? and not stop posting useless people like a spamming bots?. If you are not a assassin or if don't have a experience on how to deal with blade dancers, why you post? Simple you need attention.

This post is completely ruined congratulations useless :)

what a kid lol

Diamond Sin here, I don't know what rating you are at but maybe you would consider me a 'pro' sin.

• Blade Dancers can only resist when they are spinning, using iframes and when they have the move which has daggers swirling around them. iFrames are their abilities which grant them immunity when they use it, for example 'Pentaslash', it looks very similiar to our C iframe ability except they charge a little faster and weave side to side. (Watch the Vile's video and you'll see this explained in a much clearer way)
  • Yeah the amount of damage a Blade Dancer can do for the little skill that is needed to do it is stupidly easy, but Assassins can arguably do more damage than they can overall, it's just harder to do it. Get used to that, Sin is a tougher class than most others in this game.

When the Blade Dancers phantom grabs you there isn't very much you can do to actively avoid it. BUT the Blade Dancer can't actually do much damage whilst they have you held in the choke UNLESS they land the red sword in your back. This red sword move they use is REALLY EASY to counter, the reason for this is because you should be waiting for the sword to come out of them and then spam your counter as hard as possible if you do this correctly you will escape the grab and stomp on their head giving you a strong position to fight from.

• DO NOT spam your '1' key to do some damage to them because the damage it does is so low and you can get caught in the animation of it which means you can't counter the sword, just let them choke you and focus on the Blade Dancers red sword that might come out. If he doesn't use it then the only thing that will happen is that you will take some very small damage from the lightning brand and be chucked onto the floor, no big deal. (Watch Vile's video that was linked earlier for a better explanation and video examples of this)

Blade Dancer spins do not counter Sins, you can just wait them out. They can do roughly 5 spins before they run out of focus (chi). If you're in stealth and the Blade Dancer is spinning you have these options:

• Keep your distance from them in stealth and chuck your poison dart/shadowstep dart. Always wait 0.5 seconds after they start spinning to use this so that it doesn't get reflected or resisted.
  • Spec into poison bomb and use that combined with your poison dart/shadowstep dart. After using them use the rest of your stealth to run away and force the Blade Dancer to chase after you rather than you chase after him (gives better chance for body swaps and even get into stealth again with sprint + RMB)
  • Break your stealth when they are in the middle of a spin (with tab whilst in stealth) and then use Body Swap (Tab outside of stealth), they won't resist this and you can follow up with a infiltrate (1) into a Spinal Tap (LMB in stealth) to stun them and start your combo.
  • Spec into Shadow Slash (3) knockdown and use that whilst they are spinning near you. Blade Dancers and Destroyers are affected by knocked down during their spins, after this you can follow with the usual web combo.
  • AVOID THE SHURIKEN TOSS THROW. This move does almost no damage but gives Blade Dancers a lot of focus back which means they can start spinning and doing other combos if they have wasted the focus previously. If you use some kind of iframe as the move is about to hit you then you will avoid it and they won't get any focus back. Common example is to use SS just before it lands to iframe the ability. (Watch Vile's video to see video examples of what it looks like and how Sins can avoid it)

If you're knocked down by a Blade Dancer then you need to immediately use your F roll or your Grounded 1 or 2 moves. Ideally at lower levels of play the F roll and Ground Counter (2 whilst on the floor) will work against most Blade Dancers. At higher levels you have to start mixing it up but generally those should work and save you from a lot of damage.

• Learn to use Q when you think the enemy players is going to use thier Tab Escape. This works vs all classes and if you can use Q at the same time that they use Tab escape then you will go back into stealth and are free to stun them with LMB, 3 or 4. It's a massive game changer.

P.S - Watch the video guides from Vile, the guides are not outdated because the class mechanics for all match ups has barely changed. His videos are an amazing way to learn more about your class and other classes and you will learn A LOT from him. If you don't watch it because it's not level 50 then you need to be prepared to get your ass kicked for the rest of your natural life because you will always find an excuse as to why you are so bad.

Vile's guides took me from Gold to Diamond. #WeTheBest

Hi Acroniaz,

Thanks for the detail explanation. 

I see a few times the Vile video and i have problem, i have 180-200 ping (im from argentina), the conclusion is, i can't react or generate the necessary moves and damages like the video and others videos i have been seeing in this week.

It's a ping problem. I use Wtfast(advance) but i can't reduce more the ping it's a shame.

Archived