Dreadtide arena quest

Proxima

Hey this is me and yes I am raging a little.

Also I am in need of help xD.

The quest where you are faced in some kind of pve tournement and the final boss is this ice guy must be the most annoying quest I have ever seen.

After the game forced my mercanaries to abandon me I am facing the final guy alone and even with 2 dragon blood hearts + my own life I still die and can't do it.

I play warlock of course, so extremely squishy and no movability.

What basically happen is I do my opening combo and bring him down to 80%. Then he does his attacks on me, freezing me and doing the whole kungfu bull crap. This is usually when I lose my first life. Then I do my second combo and bring him down to 60%. He repeats his freezing and kunfu tricks and BAM my 2nd life gone. Before I can recover and attack then, he attacks me again, locking me and freezing me and then the kungu crap again and I am dead.

I cant upgrade my weapon yet because the transformation things cost like 8 gold on my server and I cant find them anywhere else. The game doesnt allow me to make money off of quests very much ( I mean 2 silver for a quest? Come on). So I am right now stuck. Cant finish the quest, cant upgrade the gear, cant progress.

Seriously thinking about taking a break from B&S even though I initially liked the game a lot.

:( any ideas how to beat this boss?

First of all what level are you? If you can go continue your leveling and return a bit late. That's what I did. If not then do dailies and return once you have better weapon, Or maybe someone has good tactic for it since I found it too hard for other classes than summoner at first. Maybe it's just that I am bad at this game.

You are basically trying to solo the end boss of a low level instance and arn't really ment to kill him by yourself. BnS sometimes puts quests insides portions of instances (usually stopping before or taking a different rout from the main boss).  The quest you are referring to 'stops' after your two partners ditch you and windstride out just after you  beat the bear and lizard thing.  You don't actually have to kill the KFM guy to finish, just go hand the quest in where it tells you.

In fact you are meant to kill him by ourself, as this is a solo dungeon, no other players allowed.

Back in the old days it was quite important to kill him so you got the necklace which was still important for evolution then (it is not any more) and had quite remarkable stats as well (now they pale compared to Hongmoon). Also the crit tiles were amazing for lvl 40. However, now after oh so many years and updates in Korea, you do not need this dungeon at all exccept for personal fun / challenge or for the Costume. However, if you really want the costume I recommend returning at lvl 45ish anyway, as you will have to do the dungeon many dozens of times to get lucky.

As for practical tips how to beat him I can be of little help, as I beat him on KFM and BM and do not know warlock skills well. Just generally, he is one of the bosses susceptible to CC like a normal player, so emplying CC based PvP strategies and skills is a good idea. The ice is pretty dangerous, but you can literally run away from it as the effect stays close to him. Just run a bit and drink a potion until the ice stops appearing, then get back to CCing and dealing damage.

The fact you describe your damage output as doing 20% to him before you die might also mean you should look into critical upgrades for your Soulshields (or you use the dreadtide ones?) and research some bread and butter dps combos for warlocks. I am sure the people here in the class forum can help you with that. ^_^

Archived