Thunderstruck?

Dreegan

Anyone else a little underwhelmed at this ability? 3 focus cost for just a scratch more damaging than KFM's Falling Star, and 1 poison stack? Actually it feels like ours does less damage most times. Not sure if this ability needs buffed, or what.

Just now, Moistz said:

what skill are u talking about

Thunderstruck. The Assassin's Aerial Finisher. I know we're "supposed" to use Web, but I've been using this instead as I'm leveling up as I don't have the skills or practice yet to do our big crazy combo. And of all the classes with a "dunk" move, this one is by far the weakest. 

1 hour ago, Dreegan said:

Thunderstruck. The Assassin's Aerial Finisher. I know we're "supposed" to use Web, but I've been using this instead as I'm leveling up as I don't have the skills or practice yet to do our big crazy combo. And of all the classes with a "dunk" move, this one is by far the weakest. 

A class with insane mobility and CC like Assassin should not be able to output more damage than for example a Destroyer. Assassin is extremely strong on the other side of the spectrum.

-Ra9eQuit

5 hours ago, Ra9eQuit said:

A class with insane mobility and CC like Assassin should not be able to output more damage than for example a Destroyer. Assassin is extremely strong on the other side of the spectrum.

-Ra9eQuit

Mobility sure. I don't feel like I have an overwhelming amount of CC. At least not in comparison to a KFM or anything. But the class feels like it lacks burst. 

Now I can understand Stealth is really strong. But this ability seems out of place for damage and cost, and what it does in comparison to the other classes.

Actually, the entire aerial combo isn't weak compared to the rest of the classes. The attack power modifiers are:

• Assassin: Sweeping Gale (3.5) + Volley (4.0) + Thunderstruck (7.0 + poison) = 14.5. I believe we can also fit Venom Swarm (2.0) in as well.
  • Destroyer: Launch/Upward Block (4.5) + Piledriver (10.0 + Block/Charge Disable) = 14.5
  • Kung Fu Master: Smite (3.0) OR Sky Kick (3.5) + Rising Kick (5.5) + Falling Star (6.5) OR Meteor Slam (3.0 + Grapple) = 11.5 ~ 15.5
  • Summoner: Uppercut (2.5) + Play Time (6.5 x 2 if specced) = 9 ~ 15.5 + stuff that summoner throws at you

Now I don't know what the air combos are for Blade Master/Dancer because they're so complex, but generally everyone's air combo deals the same amount of damage.

On 4/1/2016 at 4:39 AM, Shadovvv said:

Actually, the entire aerial combo isn't weak compared to the rest of the classes. The attack power modifiers are:

• Assassin: Sweeping Gale (3.5) + Volley (4.0) + Thunderstruck (7.0 + poison) = 14.5. I believe we can also fit Venom Swarm (2.0) in as well.
  • Destroyer: Launch/Upward Block (4.5) + Piledriver (10.0 + Block/Charge Disable) = 14.5
  • Kung Fu Master: Smite (3.0) OR Sky Kick (3.5) + Rising Kick (5.5) + Falling Star (6.5) OR Meteor Slam (3.0 + Grapple) = 11.5 ~ 15.5
  • Summoner: Uppercut (2.5) + Play Time (6.5 x 2 if specced) = 9 ~ 15.5 + stuff that summoner throws at you

Now I don't know what the air combos are for Blade Master/Dancer because they're so complex, but generally everyone's air combo deals the same amount of damage.

Hmm. That's a pretty good assesment. I never considered taking the previous abilities into consideration. Still a little butthurt as to why KFMs ender only costs 1 focus. But that brings up an interesting question for me. Where exactly is the Assassin's "burst" or do they not have any?

On 4/1/2016 at 4:39 AM, Shadovvv said:

Sorry to drag you back into this, but did you take into consideration not just the scaling, but also the base damages of the abilities? Just curious.

Just now, Shadovvv said:

Average damage is calculated as (Skill Modifier * Attack Power) + Additional Damage. I have 519 attack power and 32 additional damage, Thunderstruck has a modifier of 7, so (7 * 519) + 32 = 3665, while its listed as 3483~3847 in-game, the average between the two being 3665.

Ah, okay. It's not very clear on BNSTree how the damage is actually scaled. That makes more sense. Thank you very much. I guess they do equal out.

6 minutes ago, Dreegan said:

Sorry to drag you back into this, but did you take into consideration not just the scaling, but also the base damages of the abilities? Just curious.

Average damage is calculated as (Skill Modifier * Attack Power) + Additional Damage. I have 519 attack power and 32 additional damage, Thunderstruck has a modifier of 7, so (7 * 519) + 32 = 3665, while its listed as 3483~3847 in-game, the average between the two being 3665.

In all honesty thunderstruck should only be used for 2 reasons. Early levelling, or to finish of an opponent who's on very VERY low health.

Otherwise there's no point you may as well Lx3 then right click :D

Archived