What should I expect?

Noxtus

Hey guys,

I'm trying to pick up a new MMORPG, and this game came into the mix. It's only natural that every MMORPG gets mixed reviews. I'm wondering what makes you players hooked into this game? It's either this game or I wait for a better game to come out, and I just don't want to play another generic MMORPG. So what do you guys like most?

Well tbh if you want to wait for a perfect "free" mmorpg to come out, you may just already die (no offense, but that's how it is). Everything has mixed reviews, couse among normal people there are fanboys and haters, so yeah...

I can't say anything about endgame content in this game, i've heard there isn't much pve, but since it's focused around pvp, well...

Combat is fun (if you're not lagging ofc) if you played and liked Tera, you will like bns maybe even more (imo).

Asian graphics.

To sum up, play it if you want 1v1 arena as a main activity and have good internet.

Well there is a lot to say about this game. As @Sumerechny said, the game has haters and fanboys...

IMO, the game has its ups and downs. The most defining treat of this game is its combat system. You don't have strictly defined "holy triad" as in Tank, Damage Dealer and Healer. Rather, all classes deal an impressive amount of damage and have self-healing capabilities. Some more than others. There are few classes who are also bulkier and therefore more akin to taking and mitigating damage than others. I find PvE to be much more stimulating environment at the moment for all the classes I play because it gives you an insight in how the class works. As for PvP, I find it more of a smash buttons atm, even though I suspect that will also change soon, once I get to know my class better.

The environment is stunning! I find Dragon Pulse riding feature especially stunning when exploring areas and, seriously, you can just immerse yourself into the world. Very nice looking world with astonishing and picturesque scenes. If you are into such kind of things when playing MMOs, definitely try this one out, if nothing then just to level yourself to lvl 50.

The story is well depicted imo and can invoke some pretty strong emotions. It deals a lot with the loss and revenge and it even can have a cathartic effect on a player. I find they also did a pretty good job at separating your story from the story of everyone else with instanced zones so that you don't have the presence of other players when experiencing key scenes in the story. They did a really good job in presenting the journey as purely your own, in spite of the fact that all the other players are doing the exact same story. It has a feeling like others are there, but they have their own lives.

The bad part of the game is its optimization. It's very poor and you may experience things like FPS drop, DC, mobs resetting and client crashes. The stability of the game is also questionable as in places with a lot of people, the game just can't bear it and simply lags, what makes doing certain world event s unbearable for doing.

Aside from that, there's a problem with Bots which is more or less, area dependent. If you play in EU, you don't have much to worry about, although, I hear NA is quite bad with them. Also, the Customer Support is quite bad, coming from experience of other people on the Forum. They apparently do a lousy job. Oh and the company often fails to communicate important things to us. Bottom point of it is that I wouldn't go head-long into the game with real life cash (give the game some time, see if you really wanna play it, then donate).

All in all, it's a nice game. I personally enjoy it and am hooked on it. It's free to play so you can always give it a try for a few levels. 

the game is not bad, but it not special either. the combat is just like TERA only there is no specializations really.

the biggest thing to point out is the game runs horribly on a lot of systems. 

i have an i3 sandy bridge pc 3.1ghz with a gtx 750 that runs the game the same as a devils canyon i5 overclocked to 4.5ghz with a gtx 960. 

you either get lucky and the game runs fine or it runs like absolute trash and you cant do anything about it :/. its unfortunate but true. 

if you like a better than average story the game is worth playing to max just for that, however if you have the performance issues that will probably kill getting any long term enjoyment out of this title. 

NCSoft really needs to address this, as it is there is no way they are going to keep a healthy population over time.

As far as korean based mmo games go the grind inst too bad but its still there and persistent.  You'll need time and patience to play this game so if you lack either try another one that's less throttling.   One of the biggest problems ive seen is the greedy players that only play the market and dont understand supply and demand that severely add to the already grindy aspects of the game like upgrading gear.  So that in mind a good friend that's playing or a good clan is invaluable.  Try to avoid melee classes if you don't have supreme reflexes as many world/dungeon bosses have instant kill aoes that are huge... Other than that pretty good game if you like or don't mind pvp, and are willing to invest some solid time and effort into the game.

6 hours ago, KTCAOP said:

This game is great and for the people that has problems running it upgrade you processor and graphics card should play fine!

18 hours ago, Vau said:

i have an i3 sandy bridge pc 3.1ghz with a gtx 750 that runs the game the same as a devils canyon i5 overclocked to 4.5ghz with a gtx 960. 

4 hours ago, KTCAOP said:

This game is great and for the people that has problems running it upgrade you processor and graphics card should play fine!

i bought a computer specifically made for gaming worth 1000 dollars.

i can only get at most 35 fps in this game and the lag is horrendous at times

Archived