NCSoft please control the ridiculous undercutting

ZhejTwitch

Players who craft everything from scratch don't necessarily calculate the cost of ingredients so the profit will be selling price minus the craft costs which are like few silver or 1g for 5-10 items. This allows them to sell it for cheaper. Time doesn't really cost that much other than patience to wait and make secure profit slowly.

For example let's say I make Moonwater Transformation Stones. I gather and craft everything i need. I get 10 MTS which can sell around 7g so that's 70g. At the moment soulstones are around 36 silver each so 100 soulstones are around 36g. Plus of course 10 Moonwater tears for 60 silver each is 6g, quartz are like 3g? each so 15g over there. Plus some other random mats that I forgot already about. so this means 70g - (36+6+15)g = 13g. So instead of selling those really crusial and "hard to get" materials I can sell the MTS and get more profit. It of course consumes way more time but hey at least it makes more money. This doesn't include craft costs and other such so the actual profit is maybe around 1g each  stone.

People can count the costs by buying the mats instead of taking their time so they get less profit for their crafting. People who aren't willing to spend their time waiting that they have everything they need to craft of course will be complaining for not getting enough profit. The fault is also in increasing Soulstone prices.

Everyone have the free will to sell items for any price. I could start selling MTS for 1g each but that would completely idiotic from my end to lower it so much. If there should be limitation for underpricing then so there should be limit at the other end. If there's only limitation to what is the lowest price then people could keep rising prices and whine how others again are undercutting and they should make the limit higher again. If you want to have limitations  then suggest having secure price for each item that cannot be changed by players.

"NCSoft, this player doesnt wanna pay 50g for a measly stone, please make him pay"

Supply and demand. If something is not profitable for you, simply dont do it. Its like asking IRL, "government pls im a baker, pls make the price of bread 10€ a loaf"

On 30.3.2016 at 3:40 AM, TopDollar said:

There will always be a few super rich idiots buying the extremely overpriced stuff in any game since they want to be first desperately in a game. Still glad the stone are dropped down massively so overpriced people like you can't sell for your overpriced tag anymore.

They're not idiots. They just want to get everything asap and they can afford it. I can too it also i've plenty of cash but i like cash more so i can wait week before upgrading my stuff. :) Rather have 1-2k extra cash and wait bit than rush it tho ill rush legendary when it comes

On 3/30/2016 at 0:12 PM, Lunakitty said:

Players who craft everything from scratch don't necessarily calculate the cost of ingredients so the profit will be selling price minus the craft costs which are like few silver or 1g for 5-10 items. This allows them to sell it for cheaper. Time doesn't really cost that much other than patience to wait and make secure profit slowly.

And thats their mistake. 

I am checking materials price on the daily basis, and right now the materials price to craft for example mud lake refiner are highly overpriced comparing to the refiner cost. I sold out all my materials and got around double profit (coz i bought them when these were low) as i would craft and sell refiners. 

Archived