Removal of dragon cert should mean account bound soulstones

JJhopper

Prices went up because everyone has to gear up again has nothing to do with the certificates and they didn't remove them they where just moved to new top dungeons. Much more easy to get soulstones now it's just that there is also much more demand.

7 minutes ago, Caolite said:

Funneh up until now people were crying about soulstone prices going low cause of bots farming Arena now suddenly it's not enough. Do you perhaps want more bots?

Like I said they should have make every soulstone bound to account which does not benefit bots, at least read it first. 

The only ones complaining were the greedy bastards who like to buy low sell high. 

I guess I did a good thing by hoarding those certificates. (~11 or 12.)

Even so, I can see both the benefits and the costs of having Soulstones bound to accounts. But, I doubt that NCSoft would make them account-bound. For one, there's an achievement that you can get from buying oh-so-many Soulstones.

Arena isn't the only way to get Soulstones. There's still PvP dailies and the such. 

3 minutes ago, JJhopper said:

Like I said they should have make every soulstone bound to account which does not benefit bots, at least read it first. 

The only ones complaining were the greedy bastards who like to buy low sell high. 

Doesn't change the fact that the players set the price, there is no reason to make soulstones account bound, it would only force some people to grind more, even if they might not have time to do that, or want to grind PvP at all for that matter.

Supply and demand is closely related, if the supply is great but there is no demand, the prices fall because the suppliers don't want to keep them in stock. If the demand is high but the supply low, the prices skyrocket because the customers will have to pay to get it. With the 50 patch, the demand rose while the supply stayed relatively the same in this case. The price now are about the same as it was back in the beginning of unchained patch.

i can't even try to farm soulstones because i don'T get the new area... there are no descriptions about how the area works,  apparently i'm forced to join a 200+ ppl guild to do anything there because every quest involves some HUGE ASS bossmobs -.-

You're leaving out an important factor.

No, the soulstone price doesn't go up because "everyone wants to upgrade". The soulstone price goes up, because - while the upgrades cost more stones, the new ways of aquiring soulstones suck and thus there is less influx of soulstones (supply) for the demand.

Misty Woods pretty much allowed ou to farm stones solo (which guarantees a steady demand) and didn't keep the other faction from earning theirs. In the plains we actually need a LOT of players in an instance and then the other faction is probably going to interfere, because they want theirs. Every time I have been there, it has either been hard to get enough people together or we have been interfered with.

All in all, I rarely go there anymore because the reward for the time invested sucks and the activity isn't even fun (not topmention the fps drops ... and you can't even afford to Ctrl+F there).

This event, like Grand Harvest Square, is just extremely badly designed.

(I really don't want to say anything good about Arenasoft, but take GW2 as an example, for example Silverwastes map, for how to design a mass event well.)

It's like the devs said, hey, let's take the part of the game that works least for people (mass events, Blackwyrm in particular) and expand our game in that direction.

And I am  not even sure NCsoft can do all that much to make this better, after all that would have to be done by Team Bloodlust. Who knows how important the Western market is to them?

Archived