Accented names

Gaiten

So I've seen several people in the NA version with accented names and during the character creation stage I wanted to use the romanian ă but nothing happened when I pasted or when I used ctrl+a. Any help on this?

Yes, everyone must be a weeb! 

No, I wanted Vlad's name and since he's Romanian, I wanted to name him Vlad Drăculea since Țepeș doesn't look as nice. But good job with the projection, and your rant is identical to the popular post Farrangis,

If you're going to mock someone, at least be original (ironically telling others how "unoriginal" they are). "Hate people who do that," good luck with that pent up anger and hatred.  

11 minutes ago, Gaiten said:

No, I wanted Vlad's name and since he's Romanian, I wanted to name him Vlad Drăculea since Țepeș doesn't look as nice. But good job with the projection, and your rant is identical to the popular post from a popular BnS site. If you're going to mock someone, at least be original (ironically telling others how "unoriginal" they are). "Hate people who do that," good luck with that pent up anger and hatred.  

His point, however, stands.

22 minutes ago, Enhance said:

PMing, mailing, inviting, everything becomes a PITA,

Tying in Vlad while the rest is auto-filled out for you to click on isn't difficult. You people just like to be miserable, complain and bring everyone else down with you. Not all of us want to Americanize our names. 

13 minutes ago, Gaiten said:

No, I wanted Vlad's name and since he's Romanian, I wanted to name him Vlad Drăculea since Țepeș doesn't look as nice. But good job with the projection, and your rant is identical to the popular post from a popular BnS site. If you're going to mock someone, at least be original (ironically telling others how "unoriginal" they are). "Hate people who do that," good luck with that pent up anger and hatred.  

If you read what I said, I mentioned:

"...who do that to get the names that are already taken with normal letters..."

If the name has an accent originally, I can take it. It's a PITA to do a lot of game-related commands, but at least it looks alright. If the only reason you're adding accents is because the original name is taken so you settle with adding random accents so that looks similar at the cost of becoming a pain to deal with, then my dislike is warranted.

P.S. I have no idea which "popular post" from "popular bns site" you're referring to.

10 minutes ago, Gaiten said:

Tying in Vlad while the rest is auto-filled out for you to click on isn't difficult. You people just like to be miserable, complain and bring everyone else down with you. Not all of us want to Americanize our names. 

While the rest is sometimes filled out, if you're related to the person (and still not always). Plus some names start with vowels, that can potentially be accented. Good luck sending mail to some Ýüra, or asking in party to invite them, or sending a remote invite without them PMing you prior.

7 minutes ago, Gaiten said:

So you assumed I plagiarized the "popular" half a year old 10-reply thread from closed beta archive that I haven't seen, just because my point is same?

Honestly, coming here just to communicate your unwarranted hate for people using accents was completely unnecessary, and again an attempt at trying to bring others down and make others equally as miserable. No one's going to read your hateful and rant and say "geez, someone I don't know or care about has issues with a name that won't actually affect them (since I'm 99.9% sure I'm not related to them), so lets go ahead and change my mind on this matter because people like to whine about what others have the right to do." I mean, really? Was it necessary for you to come here and whine? Did you think it would stop me or others from using accents? Anyway, like I said before, good luck with the anger and hatred you feel. Maybe live in a country where people are being raped and killed for not having the same beliefs as them, then you'll know what "hating someone" is really all about. 

A better point for people to make instead of complaining about what NCSoft allows them to do is to simply warn others using first letter accents that sending items to them through the mail will not be possible. If they're OK with this, then it's their choice to use a first letter accent. I have four characters and never once had any of my friends or clan mates send me anything, so I don't think this is an issue for some people.

26 minutes ago, Enhance said:

While the rest is sometimes filled out, if you're related to the person (and still not always). Plus some names start with vowels, that can potentially be accented. Good luck sending mail to some Ýüra, or asking in party to invite them, or sending a remote invite without them PMing you prior.

So you assumed I plagiarized the "popular" half a year old 10-reply thread from closed beta archive that I haven't seen because my point is same?

Yup, considering the fact when you type "accented name blade and soul" into google, it's the first item on the list. So it's age and the fact that it's beta is irrelevant considering you could've more than likely searched the same thing as me, and with 1,575 posts (showing you've been around) it's quite possible you've read that post before, even if you were just lurking before the initial creation of your account. 

Archived