Are we supposed to lose stats as we level up?

Yurp

Idk if its intentional or not, but ive been losing like 2% crit and 3% crit dmg or something per level, is that part of some balance or something? I just capped and watch my crit dmg drop again from 187% to 184%

It's normal, it's meant you need to get new gears to keep up with your current level, current mobs in that area.

I remember in TerA at certain lvl I have 110% crit and yes I crited every single hit but it's coming down at I leveled up and stuck at soft/hard cap depend on my endgame gear.

It's a division. If your crit damage modifiert is a integer number which is fixed, and your normal damage number is an integer which is increasing, then the percentage of the crit damage will change.

Ie

if your crit dmg is 15, and your base damage is 10, then your crit% is 150%.

If your base damage increases to 12, and your crit damage increases only by 1, since it isn't a straight percentage increase but a relative increased based on level and integer value, your crit damage is 133% (16/12) .

Yup, it is just how the balancing and progression is.  As you level up, mobs do too.  So you need additional stats to maintain equal levels of attribute %'s.

This is why high level gems on low level toons creates outlandishly powerful leveling experiences.

Archived