qutting main mmo over this one

stevow1

24 minutes ago, stevow1 said:

but i tho ffxiv was boring if you dont raid? 

I only briefly raided before Heavensward was released.  Even then, it was only through the raid finder.  I didn't complete HW yet.  I kept getting sidetracked by the gathering and crafting in the game.  Right now, I'm subbed to both FFXIV and WoW.  But haven't had much time to do anything due to RL stuff.  That said, when it comes to choosing where to allocate my free time if given the choice of FFXIV or BnS, I'd pick FFXIV.

BnS was good during beta and okay during headstart.  Once they opened the floodgates for the free players, it also opened the floodgates for the bots.  It's been one problem after another ever since.

FFXIV after Heavensward was a disappointment for me, this is coming from someone that play the beta, and play since headstart, have clear all Coil content when it's current, clear every primal, extreme when it's release. The direction they went with raid for Alexander was disappointing, delaying relic was disappointing, even worst when new relic quests are just copy and paste of previous quests. Gearing, gear design, multiple class sharing same gear, disappointing. So I left FFXIV, let my sub run out and didn't resub again. Went and play Tera for a bit while waiting for BnS, was fun, but Tera is just a shadow if it's former self, game been dumb down so much, and EME is not as good as they use to be.

So I started playing BnS with some friends since launch, from the looks of it will still be playing it for quite sometime.

FF14 is indeed good game but but... there will be a moment when your full of same dailies.

The reason why I am not playing it anymore is because I reached that point where I couldn't do those same dailies anymore. I've taken a break from that game twice for same reason. Ultimately you do those dailies to have a better gear for raiding which is the best aspect of the game.

Despite the most ppl I actually enjoyed ff14 pvp, expecially that node war map, but the bad thing was that queu times were hilarious. You could get in 15min during prime time depending your faction but outside the evening queue times were somewhere around 1h.

And to forum trolls crying over hacking in B&S. FF14 had just as much hacking and it was literally bot heaven. Permanent-sprint, permanent swiftcast, teleports, speed hack, flying and so on.

Blade and Soul have some of these same flaws but in my experience you can play this game more casually which suits better to ppl who cannot schedule those raid evenings. This is one major reason why I'm playing bns right now.

While I love FFXIV, have a mansion, and all my classes to 60 and been mega rich, the grinding is just painful and horrible, unless you raid the game is boring!

Let me tell you how it works there, first you need to finish all your main quests in order to be able to even grasp a little of end game.

And every single expansion comes with quests for somebody just starting is a nightmare.

People parse your dps and if you are not "gut" they will just kick you from dungeons and raids, there are bots or whatever is left, most farmers have move into more profitable games, but you will get whispers, just not often, personally at this point nobody cares about bots in FFXIV, unless you are "gut" you will never even cross the ilvl210, and the best will be ilvl240.

In this game while you have bots and what not, first is more easy to lvl up, do pvp and enjoy with your friends some semi avg raids, some people even have fun trying to beat bots that use exploits. Also is free, unless you want to look better in some fancy clothes right? 

also content, dear content, in FFXIV you wait 3-4 months for some "new" content, and you know what you get? some nonsense relic that you need to run a dungeon 800 times, I mean the same dungeon... to keep you busy grinding forever. Items from raids are lock by weeks, so you cant max out fast, is by design, by the time you are almost close to get all the items, some new dungeon that by the way is easy will drop better armor and weapon, and then some mega hard dungeon will drop better than the easy dungeon that I just told you about it :P, making you feel why even put the effort. Oh boy Diadem... don't even ask me about that aberration.

Don't play FFXIV, is just not worth it.

Archived