can someone help me decide plz x.x

stevow1

I don't know which game to play atm. this or ffxiv. 

people say ffxiv is cool but only if you raid. if you don't its boring and repetitive. blade and soul is more casual? and its fun but im scared the game might die soon because of pings/bots and stuff. so i dont want to put too much effort on something that might die soon. (idc about sub) (im also scared blade will go p2w like aion) any suggestion plz?

I kinda replied to your other thread about this same question. Not sure if you read it ^^'

I may seem biased here (because I think bns is a trashy mess rn), but I'll say FFXIV beats this game by a long mile. More even. Due to the fact that everyone can achieve the same gear without extra gold or relying on RNG. There's much more to do and raiding isn't the only endgame. You have other challenging PvE content, explorations, a good crafting system, glamour farming, and feast/frontline (PvP) to do. FFXIV is very casual as well. There's always a catch up patch (which I'm currently trying to get my gear in..) that helps players out that are behind. The player base there is more 'close' I guess? And way more healthy. There's always the sour apples in the bunch though. 

Raids aren't the only endgame as the content (especially that relic grind..) is very diverse and require a fair amount of time put into it to produce good results. One thing I love about FFXIV is that everything is rewarding. There's a lot to do, but it can get stale if you repeat it too much. Dailies have already gotten the best of me there, but you can't see improvements without working for it :). 

2 hours ago, stevow1 said:

I don't know which game to play atm. this or ffxiv. 

people say ffxiv is cool but only if you raid. if you don't its boring and repetitive. blade and soul is more casual? and its fun but im scared the game might die soon because of pings/bots and stuff. so i dont want to put too much effort on something that might die soon. (idc about sub) (im also scared blade will go p2w like aion) any suggestion plz?

i can mabye try help you, i have played both games for serveral years, always loved final fantasy since FF7 when i got a ps1 xD

anyway played FF for 2 years or more and i have to say its one of the best mmo's out there but you have to like the slow based combat, game is beautiful, music, sounds, crafting, classes, but like any other game is gets repetitive , i had a few classes to 60 and doing alexander savage, but when the expansion came out i got bored and burnt out after that, it was farming the same 2 dungeons every week just to get tomes to get a new piece of gear each week and after a while i realised i missed fast combat and thats why i have always loved Blade and soul from other version, the combat is the best there is at the moment and its great not to rely on a healer or anything all about skill and you dodging or iframing , obviously this game has fps issues since its old and runs on unreal engine compared to FF that you could have a crap computer and still get 60fps and nice and smooth as butter

thing about FF is that it takes up too much of your time just to get anywhere and thats even playing casually

anyway just thought i would share, don't know much else to say  :p  

28 minutes ago, Yahni said:

I kinda replied to your other thread about this same question. Not sure if you read it ^^'

I may seem biased here (because I think bns is a trashy mess rn), but I'll say FFXIV beats this game by a long mile. More even. Due to the fact that everyone can achieve the same gear without extra gold or relying on RNG. There's much more to do and raiding isn't the only endgame. You have other challenging PvE content, explorations, a good crafting system, glamour farming, and feast/frontline (PvP) to do. FFXIV is very casual as well. There's always a catch up patch (which I'm currently trying to get my gear in..) that helps players out that are behind. The player base there is more 'close' I guess? And way more healthy. There's always the sour apples in the bunch though. 

Raids aren't the only endgame as the content (especially that relic grind..) is very diverse and require a fair amount of time put into it to produce good results. One thing I love about FFXIV is that everything is rewarding. There's a lot to do, but it can get stale if you repeat it too much. Dailies have already gotten the best of me there, but you can't see improvements without working for it :). 

hello thanks for your time replying it and yeah i saw it but i wanted to see more opinions :) what server are you on ffxiv?

Just now, stevow1 said:

hello thanks for your time replying it and yeah i saw it but i wanted to see more opinions :) what server are you on ffxiv?

Oh ok :) and np at all.

I play on Lamia at the moment. Not too populated, but I like it that way.

19 minutes ago, NinjaZombie said:

i can mabye try help you, i have played both games for serveral years, always loved final fantasy since FF7 when i got a ps1 xD

anyway played FF for 2 years or more and i have to say its one of the best mmo's out there but you have to like the slow based combat, game is beautiful, music, sounds, crafting, classes, but like any other game is gets repetitive , i had a few classes to 60 and doing alexander savage, but when the expansion came out i got bored and burnt out after that, it was farming the same 2 dungeons every week just to get tomes to get a new piece of gear each week and after a while i realised i missed fast combat and thats why i have always loved Blade and soul from other version, the combat is the best there is at the moment and its great not to rely on a healer or anything all about skill and you dodging or iframing , obviously this game has fps issues since its old and runs on unreal engine compared to FF that you could have a crap computer and still get 60fps and nice and smooth as butter

thing about FF is that it takes up too much of your time just to get anywhere and thats even playing casually

anyway just thought i would share, don't know much else to say  :p  

thanks for your time :) well im level 56 in ffxiv right now and im still trying to decide if i want to play or not. because idk if this game might be dying soonish and i dont want to waste time on this. so right now you think i will burn out in ffxiv? i like to raid and do stuff but with college and job it will be hard so in other words it would be just doing dailies.

9 minutes ago, Yahni said:

Oh ok :) and np at all.

I play on Lamia at the moment. Not too populated, but I like it that way.

nice and in blade what server :)? thanks for the advice!

1 minute ago, stevow1 said:

thanks for your time :) well im level 56 in ffxiv right now and im still trying to decide if i want to play or not. because idk if this game might be dying soonish and i dont want to waste time on this. so right now you think i will burn out in ffxiv? i like to raid and do stuff but with college and job it will be hard so in other words it would be just doing dailies.

blade and soul won't be dying at all, i know there is bots and some people have issues with the game, there is also people who love the game and have been waiting for it for years , but its really up to you, at the moment i have 2 characters and half the time even though i love the game, i can't be assed doing half the dailies because like other mmo's its the same dailiys and sometimes you need a little break and come back to it, feeling like that at the moment, keep forgetting i can play other games and not just Blade and soul, but yeah FF is a amazing game, its the best mmo i have ever played just got burnt out on it and stressed probably because the guild i was in and trying to organize a raid every week and there was always one person not turning up each time and then people were late and then it was like 3-4am before we finished, couldn't do that every week :p

10 minutes ago, stevow1 said:

nice and in blade what server :)? thanks for the advice!

Np! All my characters are currently in the Soha server atm.

10 minutes ago, NinjaZombie said:

blade and soul won't be dying at all, i know there is bots and some people have issues with the game, there is also people who love the game and have been waiting for it for years , but its really up to you, at the moment i have 2 characters and half the time even though i love the game, i can't be assed doing half the dailies because like other mmo's its the same dailiys and sometimes you need a little break and come back to it, feeling like that at the moment, keep forgetting i can play other games and not just Blade and soul, but yeah FF is a amazing game, its the best mmo i have ever played just got burnt out on it and stressed probably because the guild i was in and trying to organize a raid every week and there was always one person not turning up each time and then people were late and then it was like 3-4am before we finished, couldn't do that every week :p

thanks a lot for the info. yeah atm i really like ffxiv even if the combat is slowish, but the communitie is awesome too! the thing is that well idk if i could raid and i hate hate hate crafting so it doesnt make sense to play ff after all. like if you cant raid and hate craft what else is there to do? dailies? lol plz well yeah about blade and soul dying. if you read the forums you can see that most threads are about quitting, bots, golds, etc. and well it got me worried for a while. what server are u in in blade?

+ i can see that this game might be heading to a p2w game at 50

18 minutes ago, NinjaZombie said:

ah don't worry i hated crafting as well, couldn't be assed with it, not a big crafter really in any game :p

and server im on is Ebon Hall ( EU )

im also a bard 56 (only class lol) so in other words i still got  alot of stuff to do if anything. but yeah i guess ill stick with blade since i know ff will get boring later on. + i heard that if you dont have friends its also boring as fack

They have bots in other regions too, but they're doing okay.  One thing that might happen before long is a couple of low-pop servers merging, which will benefit the players on those servers.

I don't see the NA/EU game dying so quickly.   Content is being released pretty often to catch us up, and that should be enough to hold our interest for the first year.

Archived