Strats vs Warlock

Desselnys

Hey fellow BDs ! 

I'm playing casually at 1780 ELO (by casually I mean I don't spam arenas, I have just under 100 games played this season, but I try and learn a lot ;) ) and I saw the first warlocks against me. Usually when I don't understand a class I try to check their tree to understand it, or spar friends. The remaining of my friends in this game have not rerolled to warlock, so I'm at a lost here. Whether I win or lose I have no idea what I'm doing or they're doing ^^ Won a few by making them blow their escape and then lightning burst stunlock them. Can you help me out with what to look out for ? I'm gonna check bnstree to understand their skills in the meantime but I just want to open this thread now for other blade dancers to point this on how to beat them.

Here's what happend against them : 

-At the opener, some summoned their thrall right away but those who won against me rushed to daze me (I think, maybe stun ? don't remember) and then summoned the thrall. They hide behind it, whenever they're close to it it seems they're resistant to most damage. That might be because of some sort of seals on the ground, which leads me to =>

-Seals on the ground. I've spotted a few, the yellow/orange one, might be tied to resistances. the blue fire thing that seems to do a lot a damage, and the shackles on me (can't spin, I must keep my SS for this)

-Their block : it seems to be spammable, I'll check BNStree. Nothing to do when our guard break is down besides Phantom Grip ?

-Their thrall : most of the time they hide behind it and instinctively I avoid going near but maybe I should be more aggressive and focus more on avoiding the seals

-Tech chasing : it seems their F put them in stealth and give them some resists, I failed a lot of tech chases with V after the Grip+Drain because they resisted.

Most of the time when I win it's a lot like vs assassin : I've got 2 clean combo openers on them and forced CDs on the first, and I can finish the job  on the second they seem really squishy, I realize that, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to win a few games without having any idea how the class work...

Thanks for the help !

i have bd and warlock both llvl 45 hm 1 so i will say you .

the orange circle stop you to stun daze and knockdown the warlock if he is inside him so don't use your charge skill (depends on the spec)

the thrall is stupid he only pull you for the first 4 second and sometime people do than the thrall stun for 2 second (not use for me personnally)

the thrall don't protect but he is big , so maybe you target the thrall and not the warlock .

He has a skill time distortion who reset CD and we have askill who recover 5 % HP and protect su for 5 second (maybe differetn with the spec) if you see much paper turn in circle this is the def skill 

he block is spammable and if you spec in the good you reduce cd to 1 for 2 block use . but he can"t stop AOE 

F is leech recover all focus and cd dragon call and razorwinf or it's the rupture but he does'nt give any resistance

warlock has no escape bd normally faceroll warlock , only one like for summ but nobody to save us (i regret the cat) 

abuse phantom grip and normally you win

If you see the golden clock under the Thrall, RUN. And don't stop running until it's gone. Do whatever you need to do to get the hell away from it and the Warlock because if you don't you're going to take all your HP in damage within a split second.

Once that's down you can just faceroll them honestly. They don't have enough defense options to deal with our toolbox unless you misplay HORRIBLY and burn stuns into Quell or Sanctum. 

But how you escape WLs CC? God when they start chaining me to the ground I can't do sht. Knock downs, chains, pet taunt, switching places with pets... I was able to deal withem at silver rank, but when I reached ~1800 rank I just cant....

Archived