Soul Shield Help!

Cruman

Yes, the crafted one is the best, however at the moment we are only at lvl 45 content, and especially with this new patch new soulshields appeared - I would suggest that you should only fuse with the green ones, dropped in POH and BSH; they don't require any mats apart from the powder, cheaper to fuse, and won't cost you a thing to gather them. I do find it hideous to spend that much gold on a temporary set.

• 2 weeks later...

What the OP above said. Those crafted blue soul shield primers force you to use soulstones on top of the powders. The green Elite Critical Soul Shields out of blackram supply area, specifically the #8 one because it  has the most crit is best for any you think you will replace eventually with better ones because they only cost you some powders and a bit over 8 silver. No soul stones and I have way over 2k crit on both my Summoner and FM just by using the green Elite Critical ones to fuse my SSs.

3 hours ago, Taywen said:

What the OP above said. Those crafted blue soul shield primers force you to use soulstones on top of the powders. The green Elite Critical Soul Shields out of blackram supply area, specifically the #8 one because it  has the most crit is best for any you think you will replace eventually with better ones because they only cost you some powders and a bit over 8 silver. No soul stones and I have way over 2k crit on both my Summoner and FM just by using the green Elite Critical ones to fuse my SSs.

See, it would have helped to know this well in advance before thinking the primers were the only way. Well, technically, they are the ideal, but requiring Soulstones for that makes them less cost-efficent than I expected. Really, anything requiring Soulstones are an automatic no-no for me, I don't have that many of them to spare :/

Also, these green soul shields are only in the 6-man dungeons? Don't they drop in 24-man ones too?

1 hour ago, Tsuchiryu said:

See, it would have helped to know this well in advance before thinking the primers were the only way. Well, technically, they are the ideal, but requiring Soulstones for that makes them less cost-efficent than I expected. Really, anything requiring Soulstones are an automatic no-no for me, I don't have that many of them to spare :/

Also, these green soul shields are only in the 6-man dungeons? Don't they drop in 24-man ones too?

I'd never done the 6 man Blackram Supply dungeon until yesterday. All I ever did was do the dailies in that zone you go into for them. I suppose that's called 24 man even though you aren't required to be in a party at all to enter? All I know is when I go in to do my dailies, those Elite Critical Soul Shields drop off the blackram guys all over the place in the Blackram supply section and I can easily solo everything in there except the main big bosses (Sobo, Poharan, The chef, the stingray). The bloodshade harbor section just drops block and evade soul shields. And it's very easy to be in full blue /purple bloodshade harbor soul shields within a night or two if you just run around with the crowd killing bosses over and over again to spawn Poh and MM.

1 hour ago, Taywen said:

I'd never done the 6 man Blackram Supply dungeon until yesterday. All I ever did was do the dailies in that zone you go into for them. I suppose that's called 24 man even though you aren't required to be in a party at all to enter? All I know is when I go in to do my dailies, those Elite Critical Soul Shields drop off the blackram guys all over the place in the Blackram supply section and I can easily solo everything in there except the main big bosses (Sobo, Poharan, The chef, the stingray). The bloodshade harbor section just drops block and evade soul shields. And it's very easy to be in full blue /purple bloodshade harbor soul shields within a night or two if you just run around with the crowd killing bosses over and over again to spawn Poh and MM.

Yeah, I have almost full purple Bloodshade set from my first couple of Bloodshade runs, so you could get a full set within a wekeend at best. 24-man is even easier, so getting full blue set shouldn't be much trouble with you killing bosses over and over there.

And for reference, 24-man stages are in Wayfarer's Wharf, while the 6/4-man versions are in Blackram Shipyard and there are Windstride points for both, if that helps with the distinction between the two.

2 hours ago, Tsuchiryu said:

Yeah, I have almost full purple Bloodshade set from my first couple of Bloodshade runs, so you could get a full set within a wekeend at best. 24-man is even easier, so getting full blue set shouldn't be much trouble with you killing bosses over and over there.

And for reference, 24-man stages are in Wayfarer's Wharf, while the 6/4-man versions are in Blackram Shipyard and there are Windstride points for both, if that helps with the distinction between the two.

Yeah, sounds like I'm talking about the 24 man zone. I just know I normally go in there solo and watch for combat at the bosses and flow with the crowd. It's easier for me that way. I can go do the simple kill quests and minibosses easily solo while waiting to see where the big action is. It works for me. I hope it isn't against some unwritten rules or something I'm unaware of. I just try to get them done as quickly as I can because I have three level 45s to try to get thru there every day. I don't always have time, but I try to get as much done as I can. Money can be hard to come by for a non PvP player.

Archived