Why is this game so horribly laggy

mito

Why is it that since 2 patches ago, arena has been more or less unplayable. The amount of delay on abilities, lag spikes, and people moving while cc'd. It's complete trash and needs to be fixed ASAP... It's pointless to do arena until it has been fixed.

The game has been a laggy mess since the HM5 patch, and we had no GameGuard then. Massive packet loss and so on, happening for most users in all regions. I was evading the problem for 2 weeks with WTFast, but the trial ran out and I'm not paying them for the luxury. It's on NCSoft to fix their damn game.

3 hours ago, Vynnx said:

Its been running great on my comp n my bros.. no issues at all n we re in florida. Never seen lag in pvp yet :/ maybe u have something conflicting? We are on win7 btw

Lag refers to networking issues and means high ping and high packet loss...it has nothing to do with the computer or operating system.  He didn't say it's running slow or choppy which would be related to a person's computer.

2 hours ago, HUnewearl said:

The game has been a laggy mess since the HM5 patch, and we had no GameGuard then. Massive packet loss and so on, happening for most users in all regions. I was evading the problem for 2 weeks with WTFast, but the trial ran out and I'm not paying them for the luxury. It's on NCSoft to fix their damn game.

I agree that this is when it got really bad.  I believe it's because that's when they added zen beans to the arena and that's when the arena destroyer bots invaded.  They're bogging down the arena servers.

I ve already given up arena.But now,since last week i ve been lagging outside too.Can't even perform ani cancel on mobs with destroyer.I used to pvp open world since it was OK compared to arena.But now open world lags like hell too.Help me 

We've had a faulty coax splitter, and old routers cause packet loss. At one point we were even on an experimental line with the internet company and that caused random drops. People have had software start up in the background and create a lag like feel. There's a lot of complaints of people upgrading to windows 10 and games that used to run fine, now have trouble. Yes, that's not the same as real lag but to some it will feel like lag. 

Archived