Shutting down the game client. (4049)"

Uszko

Hi Guys ,

I see that a lot of ppl have problem after patch , same me...

i get "The game client encountered an error while running. Shutting down the game client. (4049)" after game guard checking..

Tried to delete game guard folder , shutdown fw , repair files and shi* is happening ...

Any one found fix for this ?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Skynightz said:

It seems to be GameGuard, I have the same problem.

It definitely does not stop the bots, but does stop the players !

I agree with you Sky...

Hmmmmm on second thought, my girlfriend is right beside me and is able to get into the game, I'm on attempt 10.  I've always had issues with this stupid patcher, most of the time it hangs on "repair 0%" and you need multiple attempts to get into the game.  It's sad to say that that getting to play the game is a horribly frustrating experience.  We have all this security we have to go through, constant IP reset emails and codes, requiring a google app for your phone, password, gameguard, a patcher that seems to want to repair every damn time the game starts... it's all super annoying.  Worse still is none of this seems to matter given the amazing level of gold farming spam and bots you see.

I think thats the downside of playing P2W games. Zero support-solutions. Only thing they could offer is DISABLING all startup actions aside windows apps and removing-reinstalling gameguard files.. Its pathetic.

Servers are up , there is something horribly wrong with Game Guard ,i don't know how they will fix it , but hope that it will be fixed soon ...

I would like to spend my after work time playing the game and not trying to "open" it ...

14 minutes ago, Uszko said:

Servers are up , there is something horribly wrong with Game Guard ,i don't know how they will fix it , but hope that it will be fixed soon ...

I would like to spend my after work time playing the game and not trying to "open" it ...

If they turn off gameguard again, that would be a great fix. Because, as Skynughtg said, it doesn't stop the bot but stop the players.

How does everyone else get into the game? I still havent managed to get pass the gameguard.

Spend 10 min to download the big patch, but spend the last 3 hours trying to download the gamemon.npz from gameguard.

Is gameguard on a completely different server from bns? Why??? Nuuuuuu~~

I finally managed to get in, here's a trick I figured out for those who are stuck with the gamemon/gamemon64 thing.

It seems to be that we keep getting the error because the download of those 3.5mb files keeps getting interrupted halfway through.

A tip to ease the strife is to look in the NCSOFT/BnS/bin folder for the Client.exe file. Double clicking this file will still bring up the gameguard download thing.

But you save the steps of having to enter password/verify/download repair files, saving you a lot of time and sanity.

Hopefully eventually those two files successfully download, and then you can try logging in normally.

All the best with this endeavor.

As a side note, I had an idea to get those two files sent to me by friends or something, to be then pasted in the gameguard folder, but alas I had been trying to connect for so long that everyone had gone to sleep =P. If this option is available to you, do try it; might just work. I'll check this post again in 20 mins or so to see if anyone wants me to do that very thing. Good luck :D.

9 minutes ago, newchar1 said:

I finally managed to get in, here's a trick I figured out for those who are stuck with the gamemon/gamemon64 thing.

It seems to be that we keep getting the error because the download of those 3.5mb files keeps getting interrupted halfway through.

A tip to ease the strife is to look in the NCSOFT/BnS/bin folder for the Client.exe file. Double clicking this file will still bring up the gameguard download thing.

But you save the steps of having to enter password/verify/download repair files, saving you a lot of time and sanity.

Hopefully eventually those two files successfully download, and then you can try logging in normally.

All the best with this endeavor.

As a side note, I had an idea to get those two files sent to me by friends or something, to be then pasted in the gameguard folder, but alas I had been trying to connect for so long that everyone had gone to sleep =P. If this option is available to you, do try it; might just work. I'll check this post again in 20 mins or so to see if anyone wants me to do that very thing. Good luck :D.

u got in?

i always enter the game by using the client in bin folder but for some reason its been interrupted while downloading  gamemon/gamemon64 thing

i'll be glad if u could send to me the file since i can't download the gamemon/gamemon64 thing

Archived