BM BD and Destroyers Constant Reflect

Mefit

Can someone please tell me how BD BM and Destroyers can constantly Reflect every Move I do while they are running around doing every skill they have ?

Do they get a reflect Damage Passive that works 75% or does every Move they do have a Reflect Passive to it ?

Before this weeks I only lost once since the game went live NA in 1v1 but I will admit I am a Bad when it comes to Tag

But now I lose 2 -3 times in a Row before getting a win in 1v1 , yet in open PvP I am still pretty good and barely get reflected

35 minutes ago, Mefit said:

Can someone please tell me how BD BM and Destroyers can constantly Reflect every Move I do while they are running around doing every skill they have ?

Do they get a reflect Damage Passive that works 75% or does every Move they do have a Reflect Passive to it ?

Before this weeks I only lost once since the game went live NA in 1v1 but I will admit I am a Bad when it comes to Tag

But now I lose 2 -3 times in a Row before getting a win in 1v1 , yet in open PvP I am still pretty good and barely get reflected

Let's be honest here. You are probably from the dominating faction on your server and attack the opposing players during a zergfest and/or from behind. No one is able to reflect in OWPVP, because you are being showered with CC skills or engaged suddenly with a CC. Neither do BD, BM or Des have passive reflect or reflect on EVERY move. They have one, two brief immune skills with long CDs and deflect on spin for the first 0.5 sec. Get deflected all the time? Do not attack into their counter/immune skills.

BD and Destroyer are quite similar. Both get 0.5s deflect on their normal tab skill (Vortex for BD, Hurricane for Destroyer), which is a spinning attack for both. After the first 0.5s is up, they can no longer deflect attacks until they use the skill again. Both use 20% of their focus pools to spin once. BD can do much more spinning due to Soaring Falcon completely restoring Focus every 9 seconds.

BM have as one of their main skills a 3+-second block. The cooldown is shorter than the effect, so they can block all they want. Most spec it so the first 0.5s is a deflect instead of block. I have yet to see anyone ever use Blade Strike, but it can be used instead of block and gives 0.5s deflect every 1.5 seconds if used on cooldown -- shorter cooldown than deflect Block, does damage, but doesn't actually block. To get around BMs, spec into skills which bypass their defenses, especially skills which directly break and lock out the use of Block. For example, a Destroyer can use Knee stage 3 to break defense and lock out defense for 6 seconds, or use an aerial such as Upward Block into Piledriver to lock out defensive skills for 4 seconds.

Note that offensive-defensive skills like Hurricane, Vortex, and Blade Strike are not locked out by defense-breaking skills. They are considered a separate category that is, AFAIK, only locked out by FM's Frost Tornado. Just remember that you want to spec skills which penetrate deflect and defenses where possible, and try to time your attacks for after the 0.5s Deflect window is over.

2 hours ago, aoshii said:

Let's be honest here. You are probably from the dominating faction on your server and attack the opposing players during a zergfest and/or from behind. No one is able to reflect in OWPVP, because you are being showered with CC skills or engaged suddenly with a CC. Neither do BD, BM or Des have passive reflect or reflect on EVERY move. They have one, two brief immune skills with long CDs and deflect on spin for the first 0.5 sec. Get deflected all the time? Do not attack into their counter/immune skills.

Literally 3 fights today 2 by BM and a third by a destroyer , in Arena they reflected the whole fight while doing every skill they owned

6 minutes ago, Mefit said:

Literally 3 fights today 2 by BM and a third by a destroyer , in Arena they reflected the whole fight while doing every skill they owned

I am a BD and I'm telling you, I have my 0.5sec deflect on spin, 5sec shield on Z and iframes on Q,E and SS, as do all other classes. BM is much the same + block - vortex. Destro are resistent to everything on Fury for what, 6 sec?

If you are getting deflected 100% of the time, you are amazingly skilled in hitting right into iframes/blocks/immunes. Or you are fighting bots, but no BD and BM bots were spotted yet, so there's that.

12 minutes ago, Mefit said:

You're exaggerating, which takes away from any point youre actually trying to make. BMs cannot reflect while moving. We also cannot use skills while reflecting. We can block->skill->block again, but we are standing still if we are blocking. Also, this is a L2P issue. Spamming block should result in a loss, if you know what you're doing.

9 minutes ago, vigarious said:

You're exaggerating, which takes away from any point youre actually trying to make. BMs cannot reflect while moving. We also cannot use skills while reflecting. We can block->skill->block again, but we are standing still if we are blocking. Also, this is a L2P issue. Spamming block should result in a loss, if you know what you're doing.

Look that's what I am telling you that happened , doesn't mean it is normal or no

If It wasn't happening I wouldn't have asked

BMs can't deflect or resist everything. It's a fact. It's not possible. Unlike Blade Dancers/Destroyers, we don't have a spammable skill that allows us to resist damage while moving.

If a BM is moving around and resisting your damage, you must be a ranged class, because the only skill that allows us to do that is Warding Spirit which makes us resist projectiles, but projectiles only. A melee fighter wouldn't even notice. Warding spirit itself has a cd of 18 seconds, but it can only be used when Flock of Blades/Blade Call has been activated and this skill has a 1 min CD. So Once Warding Spirit has been used, it can not be used again for a whole minute.

Another resist skill is cyclone which, if specced accordingly, allows us to resist damage while we execute the skill. We can basically hop forward a little using cyclone...like half a meter forward. The animation is short, it can't be spammed (9 sec cd) and we are highly unlikely to deflect more than a single hit with it at a time. Five point strike can be specced similarly, but people do not usually spec this for the arena, since the skill is needed as a knock up for our combos (36 seconds CD in case you're wondering).

I don't know...if a BM really is perma resisting he's cheating.

No such thing as a "spammable" skill for BD.

It costs 20% focus every time, and it only defelcts for 0,5 seconds, not the whole animation.

Try fighting a FM as a BD, youll run out of focus in 2 seconds trying to get away from the freeze + block approach skills spam.

Same with assassins. You try to break them out of stealth with spin, only to run out of focus in 2 seconds. If you dont try to break them out, they have free acces to do what they want.

If a BD spins, just move away, they have very little skills to get to you on long cooldowns.

22 hours ago, aoshii said:

I am a BD and I'm telling you, I have my 0.5sec deflect on spin, 5sec shield on Z and iframes on Q,E and SS, as do all other classes. BM is much the same + block - vortex. Destro are resistent to everything on Fury for what, 6 sec?

If you are getting deflected 100% of the time, you are amazingly skilled in hitting right into iframes/blocks/immunes. Or you are fighting bots, but no BD and BM bots were spotted yet, so there's that.

That's blue Fury. Most Destroyers right now run red Fury so we have the full 5 second immunity from Persistence.

Archived