Which soul shield to use for level 45 KFM?

drkn335

PvE is usually not challenging you enough that it matters which type of upgrade you use, you could use crit for faster progress or evasion for rounding up masses of mobs and AoEing them down, as examples. Later on, when you get to things like Mushin tower you will want critical because the hardest stuff is always a race against enrage timers. And this means that sadly, survivability has to come from iframes and counters, not from stats, as you need all damage you can get to beat the clock.

That said, the lvl 45 moonwater set for moonwater valor tokens (just 16 of them needed, buy them in Hogshead) is all you need until you can collect a blackram set, from either Poharan 24man or 6man mode (or 4man if you have experienced friends).  You could try to collect a dokumo crit set, but I think a purple blackram upgraded with crit is just as good crit and has better rounded stats. For upgrading use artisanal tiles (expensive!) or the green crit tiles from Poharan (budget option).

If you are recently L45, and not ready for Mushin's Tower, indeed the "superior" Blackram Supply-set would be easiest to get.

You don't need to waste Moonwater Valor stones, as you need them later for your "Boatite" upgrade weapon. (Just 25 if I remember).

But, since your target should be the new Labyrint ones, or at least a mix of Endless Tower & Bloodshade Soul Shields.

Endless Tower @ Mushin / Bloodshade @ BSH Dungeon / Labyrint @ Naryu Dungeon

If you have trouble with Mushins tower & Labyrint Dungeon, just go for the Bloodshade set @ Harbor Dungeon.

They give good enough stats to do Mushin Tower Daily with ease, and work your way to Naryu Dungeon.

• 2 weeks later...

Full Blackram Supply if you are a fresh 45 and just need a decent SS to hold you over.

Full Bloodshade is good for mid-tier.

Lab 1, Mushin 2, Bloodshade 3, Lab 4, Bloodshade 5, Lab 6, Bloodshade 7, Lab 8 for end game.

Eck has it correct but I would add that until you get either:

tower 1 2 4 6 8

bsh 3 5 7

or bis

lab 1 4 6 8

mushin 2

bsh  3 5 7

any mix of blue or epic from bsh or poh 24s or 6s will do, knowing 2 things ofc.

1.  Wear pieces that already have crit that u enchant with green elite crit 7 or 8 to boost those placeholders.

2.  Bsh 3 5 7 are bis epic and pretty darn good as blues.  Dont be afraid to rock a full blue bsh set.

check pk.endgame.bns (prolly other sites but this one I can recall while at work) for max innate rolls for each set/piece.  

• 2 weeks later...

pff what to say....i am a new player also just reached 46 a couple of days ago (patch gave me this one level for free when i saw 35000 exp from a quest :P)

so...what to say when all players do poharan runs in 15 mins(avoiding every mob etc..),they dont get that you are new and they also tell you what are you doing in here with 300 ap???

Guys i am trying to get a soul shield also... why spoil that??? i have nowhere else to run ffs!!! 

On 3/25/2016 at 8:06 PM, Granthas said:

pff what to say....i am a new player also just reached 46 a couple of days ago (patch gave me this one level for free when i saw 35000 exp from a quest :P)

so...what to say when all players do poharan runs in 15 mins(avoiding every mob etc..),they dont get that you are new and they also tell you what are you doing in here with 300 ap???

Guys i am trying to get a soul shield also... why spoil that??? i have nowhere else to run ffs!!! 

Almost every post here is obsolete since the last patch unless you want to do it the hard way. Run the new first dungeon a few times(Labs) and you can get the purple feind set which is on par with Bloodshade heroic. Reason they are skipping is because it's like Blackram Narrows, no point in grinding when better content is there. If you want to do a face grind, get a clan run together is your best bet.

Archived