Does BM have the worst self-healing out of all the classes?

Truce

Destroyer and KFM have life leech on their primary damage dealing skills, which heal for like 2-3% per hit. Sin can leech for 100% if there's a mob but sin shouldn't be taking damage in the first place. 

I haven't played other classes but I'm sure they all have way to consistently self heal. 

MEANWHILEEEEEEE, freaking BM over here only has LMB and c that heals. LMB deals laughable damage, and c heals for 10% but often does not even work on boss/mob that can block unless they r cc'd first and has a decently-long cd. 

C heals regardless of boss getting CC'd or not. The other heals we have right now is from block, depending on middle(2% hp for 5 seconds on parry) or right spec(1% hp per block), and RMB (specced to singing lark).

With hongmoon skills, we get another 10% heal from block in the right path. Winged protector, iirc, gives 10% heal and protects from 3 attacks for 5 seconds, removes charge disables.

Also, I find myself recovering most of my hp from my Pentagonal Amethyst gem(150hp on each crit), and using the attack speed flicker spec.

I play bm as a main. I have a sin and a summoner. While it's true that these two are pretty much easy mode in terms of sustain... in this game, rather than healing yourself through boss attacks, you shouldnt be taking damage to begin with. 

So far, the only boss fight i really got trouble with was junghado. Not because it's especially hard (after you know his pattern) but because you have to let your defense slip a bit in order to deal enough damage before he enrages (and makes him invulnerable. Imo a stupid mechanik but whatever), which, as a bm can be quite close. Other than that.. there shouldnt be much reason to take damage, especially since bm has a lot of abilities that allow him to do so. With a very few exceptions, you can block all yellow (telegraph) skills in the game. Your cyclone after block yet again is an iframe. Q is an iframe, E is an iframe, SS is an iframe and they all are on kinda short cooldowns. Your 3 in draw stance can be specced to be a iframe too, but i dont find that one all to usefull. 

I dont want to act like i dont take damage at all. While it most likely is quite possible, that was not the point i was trying to make. It's just that i dont feel the need for more healing when i concentrate even a bit on what i'm doind and dont ignore my health completele to just quickly kill stuff i know i will beat anyway.

But yes, in terms of self heal, it's not as easy to heal you up when you took a really big hit due to lag or misplays. 

A few notes:

- Your c actually heals 10% of your hp, it doesnt absorb 10% of the damage dealt as hp like most other skills do

- You should also have a purple life on crit gem

- And your belt increases healing*

* The belt is.. a bit weird. When i had the un-upgraded purple (siren?) version i had a feeling that i got the healing value on top of every other healing proc. After upgrading i feel like it gives me a percentage on top of other healing procs. So if life gem procs 80 health i would before get +80 and +221(?) and now i get like +94 or smth. I didnt test it properly tho and i might have just failed. I also just upgraded yesterday and it basically was the first day where i actually looked at the healing numbers. Maybe a person with more experience in the heal value can correct me here.

12 minutes ago, OniOfTheSword said:

C heals regardless of boss getting CC'd or not. The other heals we have right now is from block, depending on middle(2% hp for 5 seconds on parry) or right spec(1% hp per block), and RMB (specced to singing lark).

With hongmoon skills, we get another 10% heal from block in the right path. Winged protector, iirc, gives 10% heal and protects from 3 attacks for 5 seconds, removes charge disables.

Also, I find myself recovering most of my hp from my Pentagonal Amethyst gem(150hp on each crit), and using the attack speed flicker spec.

doesn't the hongmoon block have a 45 second cd tho. when I saw that I was like k so BM doesn't even have block anymore k. 

Just now, OniOfTheSword said:

The CD is only on winged protector. You can still spam block every 1s and recover 1% hp on block if you take that path.

phew good to know. so do most ppl take right path of block then? I been using mid for parry. Is parry only used for pvp? or do ppl use right path also for pvp?

1 minute ago, Truce said:

doesn't the hongmoon block have a 45 second cd tho. when I saw that I was like k so BM doesn't even have block anymore k. 

The CD is only on winged protector. You can still spam block every 1s and recover 1% hp on block if you take that path.

Right now, if you take that path, you can use Sword Shroud by pressing F when blocking, every 45s. Sword shroud then becomes unavailable for 45 seconds, while block can still be spammed.

6 minutes ago, Truce said:

phew good to know. so do most ppl take right path of block then? I been using mid for parry. Is parry only used for pvp? or do ppl use right path also for pvp?

The right path is better when you're fighting crowds since you can block for longer (4s) and recover more hp. It's also more forgiving against latency issues.

PvP - definitely parry. Boss fights, if you have no latency issues, parry could possibly be better. Definitely better in fights like Junghado. Just switch it up based on the situation. I use right path in dungeons, mid in pvp and Mushin.

Archived