Why people lower prices so much ?

yeLLowJawn

So I noticed in last few days that my final crafted items are getting cheaper and cheaper so I barely make any profit . For example lets say something sells for 3 gold and 50 silver and then some noob just cause he wants money immediately he puts price for like 30 silver lower . Afte that other people follow his price cause they are scared that their  item won't sell . We need to do something about it..

There's no problem with the system.

If 3.5g 's the actual market value of an item, if someone puts it up for 10% lower, it should not stick around on the marketplace enough to have any effect on prices.

Most likely some people are just stubborn and refuse to accept that prices fluctuate based on supply and demand.

I for one would gladly take a small cut on the profits for a near instant sale instead of spending days with the money i invested in crafting said item stuck in limbo because it doesn't sell.

Not to mention that listing fees start to add up if you fail to sell an item multiple times.

At the end of the day tough, if you want the absolute maximum amount people are willing to pay for your item, you could put it up for bidding instead of a buyout price.

Ppl don't buy it the price falls, I've learned so much about economy with this game.

The bad thing about the economy is the Unsealing Charm is sold 10s on NCP and it's so hard to make that it's not even worth it, NCSoft should increase it's price on NPC

XD I love how we came up with such similar topics right about the same time.,. 

Yeah I am not entirely sure what drives the economy in this game when it comes to price hikes and drops, but supposedly prices of items in a virtual system like this are strongly regulated by the forces "supply and demand"

11 minutes ago, Eimi said:

There's no problem with the system.

If 3.5g 's the actual market value of an item, if someone puts it up for 10% lower, it should not stick around on the marketplace enough to have any effect on prices.

Most likely some people are just stubborn and refuse to accept that prices fluctuate based on supply and demand.

I for one would gladly take a small cut on the profits for a near instant sale instead of spending days with the money i invested in crafting said item stuck in limbo because it doesn't sell.

Not to mention that listing fees start to add up if you fail to sell an item multiple times.

At the end of the day tough, if you want the absolute maximum amount people are willing to pay for your item, you could put it up for bidding instead of a buyout price.

Theres only few items in game that does not sell instantly or might take some time. I've sold everything within first 1-20 minutes what i've put on market and i've NEVER undercutted anyone. Heck im selling them higher than lowest bid just because i know they will sell.

Only stupid players undercut

I am one of the people with low patience, that will sell any item just a silver more cheap than cheapest item. Sometimes 4-5 silvers cheaper. I´ll sell tears and perfume 1 silver cheaper than the cheapest on the market, gems 3-10 silvers cheaper etc.

I do it simply, because making a gold coin, shouldn´t take more than 20-25 minutes tops, and a couple of silvers are peanuts. I feel much more satisfied that my items sells seconds after I auctioned them, and I won´t have to risk setting the same item up for sale one more time. I am not interested in the bargaining and bickering aspect. Life´s too short.

Archived