Class Specific Bidding

Dmcbeth2017

1) bid system is as fair as roll system, yet you do not have this random aspect. All in all, bid>roll.

2) you may think they have no use for it, yet every weapon can be used as fodder, and class skill-book resold. it is not "yours" unless you claim it. Only situation i'd see it as griefing is when there's an untradable outfit dropping for a specific race/gender, since you can't salvage it.

We need a need greed system. You should only be able to need on an item specific to your class. The rest should just be greed. I just finish posting about this topic. The is ridiculous. People will still loot related to your class. The book for Blade dancer drops in blood shade and every bids on it. It essentially goes to the person with most gold, then he put it up on the auction for 5 times the price he bid. This creates a very toxic game and environment to play in.

So you're telling me they should be able to take that 300 GOLD class skill book just because they are a class with a high value skill book?

Destroyer book - <100g

Warlock book/BM book - >400G

See what's wrong with that?

Plus people can resell that book of 400 GOLD.

The skill book should be bind on pick-up. The skill books should not be allowed to be put on the auction for sale. That's the simple fix for the problem. You should only be able to need on the book if you are that class. Other games seem to do this well. Essetially, if you have the item or skill already, then you should be able to get it again. This will also fix the gold issues we have. Not all gold farmer are bots. MAny gold farmers are the players on the server. To much gold in the system. They need to stop relying on gold for everything if they are to combat gold farmers. Again, the skill books should be available to the class its for only. If that class isn't in the dungeon, then no one gets it. Simple system and simple fix. A system should be in place to check gear and weapons before your allowed to even Queue for a 4 man. To many people are getting in and they can't down the bosses. Save people the pain and the repair cost.

To be honest I think it's disgusting that anyone would even consider raising the bid on an item for a class they are not playing at the moment. Are you really so greedy that you need to run dungeons just to take items from players who need them if they don't have enough gold to "Compensate you"  only to resell them? People who do this have absolutely no sense of honor and it IS creating a toxic, unfriendly environment in game. I don't want another player to pay me for an item they need, they already put out the effort of running the dungeon and that's enough for me. I always pass on items that aren't needed by me even if I know that others probably wouldn't do the same for me.

This is why I only run with clan mates, I don't want anyone elses gold, and they dont want mine. We roll fair and we dont steal out of eachothers pockets.

Please implement class specific rolls as OP said so that this type of griefing can end.

4 hours ago, Ouran said:

The skill book should be bind on pick-up. The skill books should not be allowed to be put on the auction for sale. That's the simple fix for the problem.

Nope, nope and nope. With the current droprate you may never see the book for your class drop. And if you are an arena PvPer, you may have gold but no willingness to run the dungeon 200times. Tradeable book is a must. Also, bidding is way better than need/greed since both can be abused yet bidding mitigates the bid loss by sharing the money and removes the random factor (someone with the book could roll it again, and leave the needing guy without ANYTHING, not even the bid fallout).

If you run it in a PUG, you NEED to carry some money around to bid on it. If you dont like it, run it with your friends and do whatever you like. System is fine.

33 minutes ago, Cuistre said:

Nope, nope and nope. With the current droprate you may never see the book for your class drop. And if you are an arena PvPer, you may have gold but no willingness to run the dungeon 200times. Tradeable book is a must. Also, bidding is way better than need/greed since both can be abused yet bidding mitigates the bid loss by sharing the money and removes the random factor (someone with the book could roll it again, and leave the needing guy without ANYTHING, not even the bid fallout).

If you run it in a PUG, you NEED to carry some money around to bid on it. If you dont like it, run it with your friends and do whatever you like. System is fine.

The best way to prevent this is to bar the person from getting the same book again once they have used the book. Blizzard does this and it works well. If you already have the gear, you can't roll on it again. Once the class the needs the book has the skill, they can no longer roll on it. Thats the simple fix. The also need to increase the drop rate. Whats the point of these skills being only accessible to some. There is no logic there at all. Why can't people see making the game gold dependent is not a good thing. I thought the path should be through challenging content and not how much gold you have. Increase drop rate and make the content more challenging. I'm not asking them to give handouts, but they need do something. Aion had a similar problem not making common sense corrections. Death penalty, extreme grind for gear, and changing rifting. I can go on and on but in the end, the game popularity died. The game may still be going but it started to decline 4 months in.  Age of Wushu is another disaster that didn't make it well in NA market because for some reason, NA players are expected to play the same way Asians do. We are two different markets. The community is turning extremely toxic in dungeons because of these reasons. We need better cross server dungeon match Queuing and a way for the system to know if your geared enough for the current dungeon. It takes for ever to cross server because people get in a group and leave for the first 20 min before the dungeon starts. I saw a bid go on for 30 min will people would wait the 10 sec timer out and bid at the last sec trying to wait people out and get them to leave the dungeon in order to get all the loot lol. In any case, sucks to be the casual player in this games current state.

Why u people cannot realize that all ur rights for the loot is 25% for 4 players no matter what u got. So if the book costs 100 gold ur part is 25 gold.
Im running BSH4 over over again only for the gold. Why should i present some random guy my 25 gold or 100 gold? 
If u dont like the beed system just find urself a STATIC group and farm for the skills u need together.
1) Its faster
2) More profit
3) U no need to bid gold

And pls leave the random parties as it is.
P.S. And people who talking for Honor, pls next time in a dungeon when u get ur BD's Skill INSTABID it for 300 gold. So eachone get his 100 gold part. 

I actually prefer the rng "rolling dice" option than bidding coz sometimes I want to roll on stuff but don't have enough money to bid coz people outbid me -.-

and class specific rolls would be awesome as I sometimes need to deal with retards that DON'T need my wep, being other classes just so they can screw me over n be the a$$hole in the pt -.-

Archived