Ultimate PVP Info, Matchup, and Advice Thread (FM #1)

Reahz

This post's focus is to give all FMs the matchup knowledge and advice they need to win against every class.

• Introduction

While Force Masters don't have the easiest time in a vacuum PVP world (aka korea), the game is still relatively new and we only have access to the early patches. By the time we reach the point where everyone is simply good enough to straight up outplay us because of our class limitations, the level 50 patch will drop and things will be fairly balanced. Until then however...

Let me first start this post by giving some background information. Most of us have at one point or another have tried PVP, fought a blade dancer, got 100 to death-ed a few times and said this game was stupid, imbalanced and proceed to cry to the forums and devs. To those (including myself) who feel like there is a CLASS limitation and not a SKILL limitation, this is simply not true. Once you play enough games you will finally realize how strong the class is, and if you learn to play around your weaknesses, it will be an uphill fight at times, but YOU CAN WIN. Part of the reasons destroyer, summoner, and blade dancer are top tier is because they are easy to learn and easy to play. This makes them predictable. Use this to your advantage. FM is hard to play, but once you learn how, you can control your opponent, play your game, not theirs, and beat them. You can't just keep pressing tab, spin, or use a cat to win, but we have other tools that are powerful, but require careful timing.

Please use this thread to post advice and match-up info. I will update this main post accordingly.

• The Essentials
    • The Build: https://bnstree.com/FM/VkuO1X3qx
    • The Combo: http://bit.ly/1VwTMTt
      • The goal of the the combo is to have someone frozen and have 2 stacks of chill. Since RMB, LMB can be cast off of GCD, you can press 1 impact, LR, 1 etc. Continue until you run out of freeze/stun methods until finally you knock them up in the air, plant a trap, grab them in the air, wait a bit (it takes practice), drop them, and it will pop them right back up.
      • Don't forget to trait air grab 2 points so they can't escape this combo!
    • General information
      • Chill
        • Force Master's main mechanic is to stack 3 chill stacks and use impact. This will cause a knock back followed by a 1s stun.
        • 3 chill stacks will freeze your opponent in place, preventing them from turning the camera. Stand behind classes that are frozen to hit them without getting hit back.
        • Chill skills (Ice Palm, Frost Fury, Glacial Beam, DragonFrost, Ice Orbs (passive when they hit you))
        • Most classes will be able to break free and it is frustrating, but keep applying the chill. They will run out of resource/cds eventually. Constantly freezing them will keep up pressure and help with kiting.
      • Grab Information
        • Don't grab if your opponent is dashing  or pressing tab while stunned, they can I-frame this.
        • Do grab a fellow FM in a divine veil, summoner in a petal storm, assassin in a smoke field, and push them out of it or hold them to burn up its up time.
        • Do grab a BM, KFM, Destroyer, or Sum, while they are countering or blocking.
        • Don't grab and press 1 instantly. Hold them a bit, catch your breath, position yourself and then attack.
        • Ideally, press 4 first (gives health back) and 1 every other time.
        • After pressing 1 or 4, you get one free skill including a stun, dragon char, impact etc
        • You can use dragon frost or flame wall/metor to damage your opponent while they are grabbed. Dragon frost will allow you to freeze your opponent while grabbed, so you can drop them and impact them to start a combo.
        • Upon being grabbed, your frost orbs will proc chill on your opponent. Watch for this (especially blade dancers) and push 1 to get out of a grip if they manage to freeze themselves.
        • You can use 3 to unconscious a summoners cat. Make sure you drop the cat facing away from the summoner so you don't hit it on accident.
      • I-frame/counters
        • Frost Armor
        • Frost Sheath
        • Q/E/SS
      • Projectile Defense
        • Divine Veil
      • Healing
        • Divine Veil
        • Frost Armor
        • Phantom Grip -> 4
      • Inferno
        • This is your main nuke. Don't just use it randomly or your opponent might i-frame it. You can't miss this or you will lose. Use it after phantom grip -> 1 after glacial beam, air born, or after impact stun (when you have no follow up).
      • Easy Focus in a pinch
        • RMB (but don't spam it against counters)
        • Ice Coil (z)
        • Frost Armor
        • Short Fuse (c)
      • Moves pierce parry 
        • Frost Fury
        • Frost Tornado

Match-ups

•  Destroyer
    • Tips
      • Don't randomly cast spells in this match up. If you hit them at the start of the spin. You will get parried, stunned, and probably lose.
      • Their spin will make them immune to cc, and break away from freeze. It is annoying, but don't unload until after their resource is spent.
      • This is FM one true positive matchup! So don't be intimidated by the giant ani-cancel axe swings, spins, and frustration!
      • If you see them spin way outside range, wait a full second and cast ONE and only one frost palm to keep up the chill and apply pressure.
      • If they red spin GTFO, use ice armor or sheath. This does a lot of damage.
    • Opener
      • Remember top tier classes are predictable aside from the very top level of play. 90% of destroyers will open up with what I'm about to explain. Keep this in mind and counter appropriately
      1. Run forward to about the range where you can cast a spell. Press E immediately. They will almost always jump at you to stun you. If done carefully you will i-frame the first
      2. They will probably realize this and try and stun you again almost instantly. So get ready and press v (frost sheath).
      3. You are at a good advantage at this point, but keep your cool as they have several other things they can do. If they stun you again, use ss to escape. This will keep them frozen to apply pressure and waste resource.
      4. While you are at range, they have run out of gap closers. So they will either spin (and waste resource) or throw their disk. Block it will a well timed impact or divine veil.
      5. If you made it this far it is likely time to unload. If you see them running and not spinning they are probably out of resources and cool downs. I typically will try and land a glacial beam and see what they do. 
        1. If they tab, then they really are out of EVERYTHING. So do your full combo without guild after their i-frames are over. Truly chain cc them knock them up and laugh as they feel like they are dead weight. Keep up the chill pressure, watch for spins, and keep them cced for as long as possible. The game plan for the rest of the game is to keep them starved and block the stuns as they come back up. Your defensive cd's should come back up with theirs.
        2. If they don't tab and keep spinning, don't unload just yet. Patience and return to the above step.
  • Blade Dancer
    • Similarly to destroyer, spin can parry. So I will repeat the same info here.
    • Don't randomly cast spells in this match up. If you hit them at the start of the spin. You will get parried, stunned, and probably lose.
    • Their spin will make them immune to cc, and break away from freeze. It is annoying, but don't unload until after their resource is spent.
    • If you see them spin way outside range, wait a full second and cast ONE and only one frost palm to keep up the chill and apply pressure 
    • They will likely open up similar to destroyer so read that. This matchup is basically hard mode destroyer. You want the same game plan.
    • BLOCK THE DISK BLOCK THE DISK BLOCK THE DISK. It gives them resource. Every time, divine veil, or impact. It is extremely important to do this or you will likely get run over. They will almost always throw it after the cc chain burst while you are at range.
    • If you are grabbed, watch their chill stacks. If they get 3 from ice orbs, press 1 to escape.
  • Summoner
    • Tips
      • After they use their tab (back dash stealth) they have almost nothing to escape stuns. If you keep up a freeze chain there is little they can do about it. If you can freeze and stun them, they likely have no defensive cds. Carefully watch for the dandelion while frozen. and try to keep behind them and wait out the 5s freeze before stunning and freezing again.
      • You are able to unconscious the cat with phantom grip. It can keep off the pressure, and a sum who does not realize this will be an easy win.
      • Most summoners will open up with the dandelion an ss, or petal storm. Don't just rush in and stun unless you see them start dashing (shift dash). Carefully aim at the sum not the cat, and cast glacial beam as an opener if you see this.
      • You can trait snowball to hit through the dandelion.
      • DO NOT EVER EVER EVER hit the dandelion. I know they are small, and you want to punch them through your key board for playing this class, but calm down and wait for it.
      • If they petal storm up (giant pink aura), you can do very little. Don't just shoot spells into this or you will heal them. Instead, use ice coil (z), flame wall/meteor to damage them, phantom grab and wait it out, or frost armor.
      • TRAIT YOUR TAB SKILL TO ESCAPE GRABS (stage 1). If their cat pins you down, they will massive sunflower combo you. Avoid this at all costs. It will lose you the game.
  • Assassin
    • Smoke field blocks projectiles, grab them out of this.
    • Similarly to sum, don't hit their shadow clone jutsu counter. Just don't do it.
    • Remember that assassins need to hit you to stay stealthed. Don't feel the need to approach them. They have to come to you eventually. 
    • The only command stealth they have is traited smoke bomb. If they open up with this, run away. Congratulations, they are down a defensive cd for free.
    • Keep up pressure when they don't have trinket. They can be comboed forever if they have no cool downs to escape.
    • Don't randomly cast glacial beam. They are always dashing about and it will likely get i-framed. Wait for a dash/counter, or wait till you see them unstealthed at range just walking around.
  • Kung Fu Master
    • They have 3 i-frame dashes on short cd. Again don't blow your load until you actually nail them with a stun. 
    • They can get out of freeze by pressing ss on a short cd. Make sure you impact quickly when it is on cd.
    • Hold your defensives if they don't do much off a stun. They can do massive combos, and you want to break out of those.
    • You can feel free to hit their spam counter if you have divine veil up, but it will give them resource.
    • More soon
  • Blade Master
    • Divine veil or impact their wire pull skill.
    • Run away or defensive if you see the sword spinning around them. It blocks projectiles.
    • Trait snowball to break blocks. I typically put 4 points into stage 2.
  • Force Master
    •  I still want to climb pvp so this section will be left blank. Just kidding. I'll have more later, but just know the class well enough to outplay them. If they waste something, you are at an advantage. Keep them frozen and stand behind them. If you are frozen, you can escape with ss, q, and e. Try to trade cds as best as possible (ie if they divine veil, pop frost armor or grab them). Until you whittle them out.

Thats about most of what I have for now. But please post videos, suggestions, or extra advice and I will add it up here. Thanks for reading!

15 hours ago, Reahz said:
  • Force Master
    •  Keep them frozen and stand behind them. We only have ss and tab to get out of freeze.

I can't check now, but I believe our iframe dashes (I remapped everything so... maybe q and e?) gets us out of freeze, too. If they are worth to use in that situation is another question, but they are working as freeze-break.. or not?

And somehow I don't remember 'tab' breaking freeze (maybe I confuse it with another skill, remapped...), so maybe you were speaking about stun?

7 hours ago, Potkeny said:

I can't check now, but I believe our iframe dashes (I remapped everything so... maybe q and e?) gets us out of freeze, too. If they are worth to use in that situation is another question, but they are working as freeze-break.. or not?

And somehow I don't remember 'tab' breaking freeze (maybe I confuse it with another skill, remapped...), so maybe you were speaking about stun?

if going up against a force master 1v1, if they use veil, depending on which tier it is. If it is the veil that is placed and doesn't move with the player. Do not hit at all. You will only heal them. If the veil moves with them, try to wait it out. attacks will mostly get resisted.

1 hour ago, PCComet said:

if going up against a force master 1v1, if they use veil, depending on which tier it is. If it is the veil that is placed and doesn't move with the player. Do not hit at all. You will only heal them. If the veil moves with them, try to wait it out. attacks will mostly get resisted.

You are absolutely right. I kind of mixed up stun and freeze in my head. I'll fix that above. I also believe that the qe dashes will escape you as well.

1 hour ago, PCComet said:

If they pop a divine veil and it does not follow them around, just grab them and throw them out of it. They are doing it wrong XD.

As a tip for Destros .

I normaly use Z right off the bat, the reason, all the destros "jump" right in, they stun.. spin and no animation.. they all do the same damn thing.

So how I counter it .. but you need to be FAST, if you have lag or low fps.. don't try it, as soon as the match starts . YOU are the one that needs to RUSH HIM.. you are the one that attacks ..  Yes you read it right..   crazy right ? not at all.. I stoped loosing against destros since I started using this tactic and it works in silver and gold.

As soon as you rush him..use right click so you get the ice build so you dont waste your E, and then press a fast Z, as the Z will trigger more or less in his jump... since he will see that you charge he will try to counter you.. but little dose he know .. you already countered his counter.

This goes 2 ways for me.

A. We both rush each other.. but I still get off the Z.. and they end up using the stun + so chi.. after that I tap out with the SS and freez and nuke fast + a non stop freez + meteor

or

B. I rush him.. he can see me coming right at him.. and I get 1 shot in him and I am forcing him to close the gap..were he will either panic and jump in.. and deploy my Z.. and after that . repeat as point A and nuke.

I have a 100% win rate with this tactic against destro..  

Also... Very very important . keep that C up .. make sure you have the Veil to fallow your ass...  as soon as you get away from them .. it's your call if you pop it right away..

They have a skill to grab you ( the one that they throw that axe at your head and pulls you next to them ) .. that C . blocks it .. and that will save your ass... also C.. helps you get out from  the "no animation" so when you think that they are about to get you and put you down.. use C.. it will save your ass.

Saved me a lot of times.

5 hours ago, Hwannn said:

Im struggling a lot as FM against BM can i have more tips ? i do have the snowball spec in 2 stage (4 points) but still im probably doing something wrong

Thank you in advance

It's hard to give advice on BM cause I rarely play them. It's a very different matchup because most of their damage comes from their combo. It feels as though they can just keep knocking you down at times. Hold your tab and ss until the second stun comes out. If they spam block shoot a snow ball and full combo them. Hitting snowball means they cant use any defensive abilities for a while. I'm not a pro and I can't offer the best advice, but I usually frost armor when they do their big electro field sword spinning around them attack and wait out the cd.

Archived