LBM and Phantom Grip

Seyd

I'm just really curious what the notion was behind bestowing such a game breakingly over powered skill to a class that's already brokenly over powered with out this. Here's why I say this. You're either forced to blow your tab, or you take about half your HP from their flying swords if you choose to wait out the reversal (which needs to be fixed asap). The way reversals work right now is next to pointless because it can only activate on their next move. So tell me, whatever excuse you guys have in suggesting its fair and that LBMs "need" it or they're a shit class.

39 minutes ago, Purpolaa said:

I am also curious why that is the only grapple style skill that doesn't have any prerequisites..why not just make every grapple skill have no prerequisite in that case.

Please teach me how to counter it then, because from what I see all they have to do is tag me with any skill/attack or whatever and I'm basically cc'd without being able to do anything about it.

12 minutes ago, Valiant said:

And people was crying about destroyer grab, LOl Destroyer grab required stun or dazed or knockdown target then it do almost no damage beside the storm blade that BD grab do

Phantom Grip just gives them an unnecessary edge in combat, because it essentially has no prerequisites for activation. They're already half Destroyer with the spin2win parry and resists up the ass. Phantom Grip is another thing to add to their repertoire of "free" mechanics. The day I meet a respectable LMB is the day I lose to one that hasn't gripped me once. But let's all be serious for a moment. This game is all about exploiting your advantages no matter how dirty they are, amirite???

I'm going to say the same thing I said in another thread. for a BD to do any significant damage to you through Phantom Grip, they have to land Soul Stab. Soul Stab is a very telegraphed ability that can be easily counter with whatever your classes 2 is while grabbed. Watch for the sword to fly away from their back, and then use it and you should break out of the grip. you might have to play around with the timing a little, but if you can't notice the animation for the ability the problem isn't BD's Phantom Grip.

Just now, Valiant said:

Man even their spintowin way better, Either it increase their speed and regain when remove snare or it give them immune for 2 second with cd of 36 second.

Let's not forget the stun if you attack them while spinning. Free mechanics man, I tell ya.

4 minutes ago, Seyd said:

Phantom Grip just gives them an unnecessary edge in combat, because it essentially has no prerequisites for activation. They're already half Destroyer with the spin2win parry and resists up the ass. Phantom Grip is another thing to add to their repertoire of "free" mechanics. The day I meet a respectable LMB is the day I lose to one that hasn't gripped me once. But let's all be serious for a moment. This game is all about exploiting your advantages no matter how dirty they are, amirite???

Man even their spintowin way better, Either it increase their speed and regain when remove snare or it give them immune for 2 second with cd of 36 second.

2 minutes ago, Atroh said:

I'm going to say the same thing I said in another thread. for a BD to do any significant damage to you through Phantom Grip, they have to land Soul Stab. Soul Stab is a very telegraphed ability that can be easily counter with whatever your classes 2 is while grabbed. Watch for the sword to fly away from their back, and then use it and you should break out of the grip. you might have to play around with the timing a little, but if you can't notice the animation for the ability the problem isn't BD's Phantom Grip.

Can you read this ? 

Counter doesn't work when they move around as they grab you, It bugged and it keep reset like if it were in CD mean counter is useless and work only after they finish soul stab and soul storm you

3 minutes ago, Atroh said:

yeah I watched a youtube vid of someone breaking out of it. Problem is I can't actually see that clearly when in game, so I mistime my reversal.

1 minute ago, Seyd said:

yeah I watched a youtube vid of someone breaking out of it. Problem is I can't actually see that clearly when in game, so I mistime my reversal.

You can escape it if it worked with you, Mean the blade dancer suppose to be stand in it place if he was moving while grab you counter won't work

2 minutes ago, Valiant said:

Counter doesn't work when they move around as they grab you, It bugged and it keep reset like if it were in CD mean counter is useless and work only after they finish soul stab and soul storm you

I'm not really sure what to say about this, I've never personally experienced this bug. I do wish I could help you though, because I can understand the frustration of not being able to counter a high damage combo.

Just now, Seyd said:

are your settings very low or something? something that might help is also to spar with a BD and ask them to do the combo on you, and watch very closely for the animation. you might be missing it in the heat of the fight because you aren't 100% sure what it is you're looking for?

Just now, Atroh said:

I'm not really sure what to say about this, I've never personally experienced this bug. I do wish I could help you though, because I can understand the frustration of not being able to counter a high damage combo.

When I see the damn blade get from their back, I spam my 2 counter key and it useless like it not reset. 

I need to make a video about this and show you what the hell happen to me.

It only work when they stand in their place while grabbing me which rare happen -.-

In rare cases I can reversal, but I think it's as Valiant said with the bug. I used to have issues with Reversal not working with certain grabs. I eventually learned that some grabs can only be reversal'd out of when they are about to go into the next phase of the attack. Kind of vague statement there but essentially what this means is that you're gonna take a loss regardless. As far as I know, reversal only works when you're about to get hit. However, when a Destroyer is bashing me against their shield and I try to time that hit, the reversal still doesn't go off. So maybe it's as Valiant said after all.

54 minutes ago, Seyd said:

In rare cases I can reversal, but I think it's as Valiant said with the bug. I used to have issues with Reversal not working with certain grabs. I eventually learned that some grabs can only be reversal'd out of when they are about to go into the next phase of the attack. Kind of vague statement there but essentially what this means is that you're gonna take a loss regardless. As far as I know, reversal only works when you're about to get hit. However, when a Destroyer is bashing me against their shield and I try to time that hit, the reversal still doesn't go off. So maybe it's as Valiant said after all.

Yes that what I was talking about ,It seem like when a destroyer or BD move around while grabbing you it bug the counter skill and make it like reset every second

7 minutes ago, Valiant said:

Yes that what I was talking about ,It seem like when a destroyer or BD move around while grabbing you it bug the counter skill and make it like reset every second

Free mechanics bruh!

1 hour ago, Seyd said:

Some hits/skills can't be countered.

4 minutes ago, Seyd said:

That's like asking why there's a reversal option in the first place lol.

To get bugged xD

Pierce defense don't always work, Even on summoner counter sometime it just act like it normal skill and hide them like wtf xD

Let's play a game.

The hardest classes to land soul stab/bladestorm on in pvp.

Assassin, BM, BD, KFM, FM

The easiest classes to land that combo on.

Summoner, Destroyer

Let's guess which class the OP is.

In all seriousness this is a l2p issue, as stated already it is easy to counter bladestorm as long as you press 2 when you see the sword fly from the back of the BD.

I've met some pvpers that don't bother wasting their escape on phantom grip because of how easily they press 2 to counter the slow animation of soul stab.

Archived