Summoners should be banned from arena

elliv

1 minute ago, Michieltjuhh said:

Pretty good doesn't make you unbeatable, though. Very few American or European players played before the release here.

Take StarCraft 2 for example. Being the best in America or Europe there doesn't mean a thing. Those players still have a hard time even reaching Grandmaster on the Asian ladder, and they'd probably lose plenty to players considered "randoms" there.

Don't get me wrong, I agree entirely that Summoners (and BDs, but that's not on-topic, I just want to keep reminding people BDs exist and need nerfing) are broken. But you shouldn't base that on the opinion of someone who's one of the best in his region.

The hate of bd and destroyers spin2win is obviously OP, but you know you ahve a chance to beat them, they will stop spinning. Summoners dont. Every single combo you try will be shut down by the freaking cat, because it can. And your 2-3 escape will be useless because the summoner has 2 cc and the cat has 2 cc, and when you are down being grappled by the cat, your face will be demolished by a bug holding a giant flower to your place.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Dreamer0526 said:

You know, thats incredibly racists lol. But you are somewhat right, were americans, we take advantage of all exploits hench summoners the biggest class right now. I like your idea, forget the whole game concept and forget the fact that jaesung has won those tournaments in the current server, now fruck that, we point the fact that his playing in the asian servers...

I didn't mean to be racist with that. Heck, in most eSports Asians are incredibly dominant. My point is though that being the best in just Asia doesn't mean you're the best in Europe or America, as I stated with my StarCraft 2 example in my prior post. Losing to randoms in a different region is perfectly possible if that region's skill level is just superior.

Now I don't think that's actually the case (as I said, Asians usually wreck us Europeans and Americans) and I also say Summoners are overpowered and Blade Masters are garbage tier (heck, the currently still biggest thread on it was started by me), but my point still stands.

2 minutes ago, Michieltjuhh said:

Pretty good doesn't make you unbeatable, though. Very few American or European players played before the release here.

Take StarCraft 2 for example. Being the best in America or Europe there doesn't mean a thing. Those players still have a hard time even reaching Grandmaster on the Asian ladder, and they'd probably lose plenty to players considered "randoms" there.

Don't get me wrong, I agree entirely that Summoners (and BDs, but that's not on-topic, I just want to keep reminding people BDs exist and need nerfing) are broken. But you shouldn't base that on the opinion of someone who's one of the best in his region.

If you think that eu and na players who have been playing this game for 2 months stand a chance againts top korean players who have been playing this game AS THEIR JOBS for years then you must be on some kind of drugs .

Even when korea started playing lol professionally it was 1 or 2 years after EU and NA and they got bodied at first (m5 and clg eu just stomped korean teams ). Now they dominate but it took them more than a year to reach the rest of the world.

1 minute ago, Michieltjuhh said:

I didn't mean to be racist with that. Heck, in most eSports Asians are incredibly dominant. My point is though that being the best in just Asia doesn't mean you're the best in Europe or America, as I stated with my StarCraft 2 example in my prior post. Losing to randoms in a different region is perfectly possible if that region's skill level is just superior.

Now I don't think that's actually the case (as I said, Asians usually wreck us Europeans and Americans) and I also say Summoners are overpowered and Blade Masters are garbage tier (heck, the currently still biggest thread on it was started by me), but my point still stands.

People arent reading what im posting lol, when I said he lost to summoner, its plural. HE LOST TO SUMMONERS. He not only lost to 1 dude, he lost to 112dudes which is if im not mistaking 90% summoners.

2 minutes ago, Michieltjuhh said:

Who should I listen to then? You? Elfae? Should I trust the opinion of this forum community instead of someone who has been playing the game at a very high level for a long time? From personal experience as a BM, I get absolutely dumpstered by Summoners. Not that it matters because the opinion is the same; BM vs SMN is a near impossible matchup with our current patch. 

5 minutes ago, Zooks said:

Pretty much, yeah. Summoner is broken in the BM matchup. You can tell me it's not until you're blue in the face, but you'd still be wrong. 

Never said I was defending summoner has a large upper hand. I'm just saying the possibility that Jaesung is actually a loser and not to quickly agree with the idiocy of elliv even if it is correct.

Just now, Dreamer0526 said:

The hate of bd and destroyers spin2win is obviously OP, but you know you ahve a chance to beat them, they will stop spinning. Summoners dont. Every single combo you try will be shut down by the freaking cat, because it can. And your 2-3 escape will be useless because the summoner has 2 cc and the cat has 2 cc, and when you are down being grappled by the cat, your face will be demolished by a bug holding a giant flower to your place.

You know you can still beat summoners, they may be ez to play, but they aren't the only class guilty of it. Idk what your main is but the summoner themselves don't have great the escapes or iframes, but that should be part of your strategy in how you win. They rely on their cat.

Just now, Elfae said:

Never said I was defending summoner has a large upper hand. I'm just saying the possibility that Jaesung is actually a loser and not to quickly agree with the idiocy of elliv even if it is correct.

Alright. The random 1800 Summoners were just better players. If I were a person who enjoyed gambling, I'd never take that bet -- that some mid-Gold Summoners are better players than Jaesung. It's whatever. You can continue to think what you want. 

3 minutes ago, Dreamer0526 said:

People arent reading what im posting lol, when I said he lost to summoner, its plural. HE LOST TO SUMMONERS. He not only lost to 1 dude, he lost to 112dudes which is if im not mistaking 90% summoners.

I'll quote the first post I made in this thread:
I played BM. On that character I'm hovering between 1700 and 1800 in 1v1 and got platinum in Tag Match. I'm the only BM I ever meet since nobody plays the class anymore.

I got sick of being stuck due to what I perceived as class imbalance (and the 200+ latency doesn't help melee classes, EU servers ftl), so I rerolled a Summoner. I got 1910 in 1v1 in less than 100 matches and in Tag Match it took me less than 60 matches to get 1931, which are the ratings I have right now on that character. I never bothered looking up any "guide" on how to play it. I just leveled it to 45, made my own talent spec, entered arena, and beat pretty much everything with no effort until 1800 at which it required slightly more effort but still wasn't challenging.

Summoner is broken and BM is trash tier. It's pretty obvious right now.

However, if the scenario was slightly less obvious than this, then I'm just worried people would still blindly follow the opinion of a professional player. I'm just saying people shouldn't be doing that.

8 minutes ago, Elfae said:

-_-; .... already at the level of disrespecting people...

ok, so let me ask - do you think there is an imbalance in SM or BM? or any class? or no imbalance?

1 minute ago, Elfae said:

Ok, dear elliv

Jaesung is a loser.

Somebody give this child a cookie, all shes doing is poking fun of a dude that probly will never read this post ever. 

But hey, lemme ask you a question Eifae, do you make money playing video games?  show some damn respect.  Thats my last piece on your stupid childish taunting of a player who doesnt even know this thread exists lol.

31 minutes ago, Elfae said:

I already answered that, look at few posts above.

Jaesung:

http://www.twitch.tv/lsjjws3/v/48435577?t=2h21m25s

"Just keep the BM for PVE and play PVP with other class"

Basically he says that summoner is an unwinnable matchup, BM doesn't have the tools to do anything, and playing the summoner matchup tilted him so much that he stopped streaming.

Junho (hanjunho) that is more experienced with BM class stated that the matches vs summoner are very hard and currently BM is weak in NA, also his ping doesnt help him either. i was watching Junho yesterday fighting on his fresh 45 character made in NA, almost diamond, but he has troubles with summoners and on some degree with BD.

Park, the KR #1 Sin , also said in his stream that sin couldn't win against summoners. I guess summoners are too strong against Every class. They have abilities from every *cricket*ing class. It's like they took the strongest ability from every class and the game and then made a *cricket*ing *cricket* named summoner out of it. Stealth? Bubbles? Insane heals? Massive amounts off CC and approach block? Grapples? Ranged spammable nonchanneled attacks? Like come. How much shit does 1 class need.

I'm saying, it's not just Jaesung.

5 minutes ago, Elfae said:

I already answered that, look at few posts above.

yes, you did. Now answer it again. No wordy crap, just a simple "no Imbalance" or "yes imbalance with SM"

After you answer, close the thread and don't look at it again. Continuing this is pointless. Everyone needs to stop at some point, and I think we need to stop right here.

All those pros whos played the game for years before the server got released, their opinions dont matter. All that matters are the opinions of the players of the server, the players who want to remain the mostpowerful class in the game. IT DOESNT MATTER THAT THOSE PROS HAVE YEARS OF EXPERIENCE, all that matters is Elfae is right. Thats all that matters. It doesnt matter if the president of the united states wants peace, farmer john wants war, and so the united states goes to war. 

Love the system of the game... Good bye all, 1 person leaving, doesnt matter. 10, 20? heck, 50% of the games gone now, still barely any impact, but if the game continues in its course, the game will be full of loyalist, and lemme see those loyalist keep the server up. After all, Ncsot has a habit of shutting down games if becomes a burden than an investment. 

Summoners, the king of a throne that will disappear because theyre the king of the throne and only 2/7 class can contest them? That wouldnt be a problem IF THE GAME ISNT doesnt have an arena system, and doesnt promote Esport. 

1 minute ago, BlueOwl said:

yes, you did. Now answer it again. No wordy crap, just a simple "no Imbalance" or "yes imbalance with SM"

After you answer, close the thread and don't look at it again. Continuing this is pointless. Everyone needs to stop at some point, and I think we need to stop right here.

That was the plan after I finished reading Zook's comment, but sure.

Yes. Summoner is unfortunately has a big advantage over most of the classes currently available in game while Blade Master receive the opposite treatment. However, you also must never ignore the players behind the class either. Jaesung is a professional Blade and Soul pvper but he is not undefeated and there is a possibility that he was simply outmatched based on player skill. So please keep it in mind, just because your favorite champion lost does not mean he was treated unfairly. If you are using your hero's defeat to judge a technical flaw than you yourself are any less flaw than that error.

There, will you sleep peacefully tonight?

1 minute ago, Elfae said:

That was the plan after I finished reading Zook's comment, but sure.

Yes. Summoner is unfortunately has a big advantage over most of the classes currently available in game while Blade Master receive the opposite treatment. However, you also must never ignore the players behind the class either. Jaesung is a professional Blade and Soul pvper but he is not undefeated and there is a possibility that he was simply outmatched based on player skill. So please keep it in mind, just because your favorite champion lost does not mean he was treated unfairly. If you are using your hero's defeat to judge a technical flaw than you yourself are any less flaw than that error.

There, will you sleep peacefully tonight?

it's not only jaesung...

Archived