Known Issues....Really? Still?

LittleBritches2

Recently NCsoft released an updated post on the forums for "Known Issues". In this update and every single one previously there has been NO WORD about the excessive lag fest that is arena. There have been so many threads posting about it I've lost count. The PvP forums especially are just completely littered with posts regarding this GLARING issue. If you are one of the lucky ones who just for whatever reason does not experience this issue, good for you. But that DOES NOT MEAN IT'S NOT AN ISSUE! When you have thousands of people with the same exact problem then it is not on the player's end! It is obviously on NCsoft's end! When you can go into open world and have 50ms and then 30 seconds later go into arena and have 300+ms you know there is something wrong! 

So what's my point right? My point is that THEY ARE NOT GOING TO FIX IT!!!!! Get a freaking grip on reality people! NCsoft does not have the best track record and they REFUSE to even acknowledge this issue even though EVERYONE AND THEIR MOMMA knows exactly what the problem is. So unless you want to keep playing arena with 300ping I suggest you just go find yourself another game to play cause this isn't changing for a long long time. If NCsoft does come out and acknowledge the problem good for them even though it's way late. But be smart...be realistic...they aren't going to people. Don't keep bashing your head against the wall in arena...just move on. Maybe someday we will find a halfway decent PvP MMO but it's not today...

Also this is my second account now for the forums as my previous one (LittleBritches) was banned for unknown reasons. I sent support 3 emails and never even got a response. Some mod named Lock6 did this and just didn't bother to explain or anything...that is just wow...I don't even have words....and if I did this account would probably get banned. So Lock6 if you're out there could you at least message me or let me know what rule I broke to get my account banned? Thanks.

I'm not on EU servers so I am unaware of this, however I have read countless posts stating the same exact issue as the NA servers. NA and EU seem to have the same issues. I do not have a poll number on either though. If you want numbers go on the forums and read through all the complaints yourself. There are enough to keep you busy for days. 

Well, if you add up all of the complaints on the forums, it's possible that you'll add up to a few percent.  It's almost impossible to try to extrapolate how many of you there actually are experiencing an issue based on vocal minority though.

39 minutes ago, Cogbyrn said:

Well, if you add up all of the complaints on the forums, it's possible that you'll add up to a few percent.  It's almost impossible to try to extrapolate how many of you there actually are experiencing an issue based on vocal minority though.

Actually they can, by examining the servers. Statistical data is kept on record. Anyone who knows anything about server swill tell you this much.

The reason for the lag is not easy to fix, which is why they are ignoring it tbh. The options are limited, 1 is expand or upgrade their current servers. (Not as in Mushin) 

Or let population thin to stabilize servers. The games height population was 2 mil, now though it's far less. hence why 3 servers are near empty, and every other server has seen a hit as well. No real data is out to say by how much, but this is also why the threads went from 100,000 being created a day, to a few hundred over the entire forum. 

This is also why people have bloated ping, server kicks and disconnect, chat crashes, market crashes, and is why the servers have shutdown entirely several times. The outdated system can barely keep up with the strain at launch, and as a result maintenance was also extended to try and put a bandage on a massive bleeding wound.

This is why IMO BnS has had the worst launch in recent memory next to ff14. And is also why the games rating from the masses sits at 52% approval (last checked), and why there has been an exodus. 

Couple this with a few classes being handicapped by a fair amount, and you have a *cricket* poor launch that feels more like a closed beta for a new game, as oppose to a nearly half decade old game launch.

I have arena lag, and this morning I had massive spikes in normal game too, 30-280ping. Ebon Hall server.

Its not routing issue with my ISP every hop is <40ping untill reaches ncsoft

No other internet thinggt had any issues, borrowsed internet fine etc. speedtest, ping to everywhere else normal.

Therea nothing I can do to fix it, it's their end acting up.

9 hours ago, devranek said:

I will definitely give it a try, maybe it can explain things. However, do you know what the server ip is for NA? I'm not on EU.  

9 hours ago, Limp said:

I have arena lag, and this morning I had massive spikes in normal game too, 30-280ping. Ebon Hall server.

Its not routing issue with my ISP every hop is <40ping untill reaches ncsoft

No other internet thinggt had any issues, borrowsed internet fine etc. speedtest, ping to everywhere else normal.

Therea nothing I can do to fix it, it's their end acting up.

Same issues for me and a lot of others. When pinging any other server such as google, I get hardly any ping increase. Usually my ping is between 50-60 for google servers. Then for BnS only in arena it is 250+ and I live in Kentucky which is not that far from Texas. 

12 hours ago, LittleBritches2 said:

I will definitely give it a try, maybe it can explain things. However, do you know what the server ip is for NA

NA IP is: 64.25.35.100

Im sure that you have similar problem, not the same, but "pathping" shows a lot.

Archived