Cold snap + Ice rain combo

Tikku

Just recently found it out, and it became my new favorite! The rain does massive dmg when spammed with cold snap. In PvE and even in PvP. Tried some pvp it and if the combo hits, its devastating dmg very fast. Hoovering at 1650 rank. Atleast try it out :) Slight help vs BMs also.

I've been using the Ice Rain + Cold Snap combo/build ever since open beta began, and I've liked it the whole time.

I've read that the burn build is better than the Ice Rain build; but unless there's more to attracting boss aggro as a FM than just damage, I'm going to assume Ice Rain + Cold snap does more damage than burn builds (and I doubt I'm pulling aggro just because I have better equipment than my peers, because I'm not a hardcore player).

Also with the new patch, omg throwing out three Cold Snaps consecutively is so much fun, and being able to toss out so many Frost Furies and Dragonfrosts T_T!

This is my favorite build for sure, even if parsing shows it is less dps than burn, it has zero conflicts with other force masters unlike burn can have. If there are 2 ice rain builds around you can just chain off each others cold snaps for stupid numbers.  It also has a ton of defensive cool downs for when everything goes wild in pug groups and the constant freezing keeps npcs CCd very well so they are not running around full speed.  I am finding myself tanking almost everything because it is so much burst damage.  24 man dungeons it pulls so much agro on bosses. 

Archived