How can I speed up the laoding times?

phinal

Hey, I'm playing on a laptop and I noticed that the loading times are way longer for me than they are for some other players.

I know that my laptop isn't exactly the best one out there but is there anything I can do to speed up the loading times even a little bit?

Thanks in advance!

Sadly it is an internet issue, and can only be fixed by you upgrading your internet. However, a tip to minimize the amount of loading screens you encounter is; before you move past the boarders/circle thingies, don't go through it right away, instead, stand just outside of it and wait a bit (~5 seconds). 

Propably the HDD. To be frank, HDD have not increased in speed over the last 1-2 decades (around 100 Mbit/s). They can't. They are at thier physical maximum reading/write speeds. At the same time programms kept getting bigger and bigger. If there is one thing that limits loading and OS starting times, it is the Disk. If you got a HDD it is without a doubt the slowest piece of hardware in your computer (but that does mater for that many things).

The game engine seems to do it's best to avoid the loadign screen, by preemptively loading stuff in the background. That is why you sometimes don't get a loading screen when passing a instance border in the open world. But if your disk can not keep pace, it has to display a loading screen.

Adding a SSD and installing the game on it (or using some hardway way to automatically cache HDD access via the SSD) could entirely eliminate the loading screens in the open world. There will still be some on Quicktravel or using the cross server systems, but even those should be much faster.

Archived