FM PVP halp

dmoe33

Sooo im an fm and i wanna know how to counter each class, ive been getting better slowly at pvp but my ping is prt crap and i still need to know how to play against certain classes.

Some things i wanna know:

Des spin how u counter? i know u can ice armour it but after how u kill em?

BDs grab how to avoid it? i lietrally get comboed from like 80%~ to 0 in seconds

BM block spam block and yea i can get behind em but they either dash me and start comboing or they stop blocking and block as soon as they face me i try using def penetrate ones but doesnt work out

Will add more when i remem

Replies appreciated  

Destroyers just reflect your attacks back at you and stun you, you can't avoid the status effect of the stun with your ability that resists ranged attacks and status effects either, even know this is a ranged attack and a status effect both. Their spin removes CC and they have stuns and can ani-cancel you to death in one of them with a simple press of a single button from their script. 

All the other classes you can beat though, I suggest looking up Jaesung's videos about it.

2 minutes ago, Pixystix said:

Destroyers just reflect your attacks back at you and stun you, you can't avoid the status effect of the stun with your ability that resists ranged attacks and status effects either, even know this is a ranged attack and a status effect both. Their spin removes CC and they have stuns and can ani-cancel you to death in one of them with a simple press of a single button from their script. 

All the other classes you can beat though, I suggest looking up Jaesung's videos about it.

Well that wasnt really helpful ive seen his vids and i know about their spin what i wanna know is how to counter it

1 minute ago, dmoe33 said:

Well that wasnt really helpful ive seen his vids and i know about their spin what i wanna know is how to counter it

And I said you don't, they'll kill you if they have half a brain, he can't beat them either unless they're bad. The other classes you can work around though and overcome most disadvantages you may have during the matchup. If you have seen his vids though you would know this so I'm not sure you have.

20 minutes ago, Pixystix said:

And I said you don't, they'll kill you if they have half a brain, he can't beat them either unless they're bad. The other classes you can work around though and overcome most disadvantages you may have during the matchup. If you have seen his vids though you would know this so I'm not sure you have.

Well instead of crying and say i cant why not at least give me SOME details? and yes i have seen him beat destroyers but thats on a different content cap. instead of saying theyll kill u if u have half a brain why not help me in SOME way instead of being salty? 

Unfortunately you rarely see a good FM beat a good destroyer, everyone talks about whining and just learning to counter them but the fact is they can counter you too, it works both ways, saying that though...

You need kite by applying chill, I suggest talenting into 10 second chill on RMB, never apply more than 2 stacks since it will remove the slow + freeze him which he can instantly break every time. Slow and steady wins the race vs destroyers since you can't pin them down at all, I'd also suggest phantom grip allowing for longer range + duration to break his shield when he pops it, prevent his healing and you can also start a good combo off from there. Another option is to go for middle tier Snowball when he pops his shield use it and not only will it break it it will cancel his other defensive abilities and then freeze him.

If he is a constantly spinning destro (like most) I would recommend ice coil 3 points which applies a chill so you can slow him + apply non resistible damage safely.

These are just some suggestions but I've never fared off too well against destroyers, nor have I seen any FM fare off well but good luck. 

2 hours ago, Vecejj said:

Unfortunately you rarely see a good FM beat a good destroyer, everyone talks about whining and just learning to counter them but the fact is they can counter you too, it works both ways, saying that though...

You need kite by applying chill, I suggest talenting into 10 second chill on RMB, never apply more than 2 stacks since it will remove the slow + freeze him which he can instantly break every time. Slow and steady wins the race vs destroyers since you can't pin them down at all, I'd also suggest phantom grip allowing for longer range + duration to break his shield when he pops it, prevent his healing and you can also start a good combo off from there. Another option is to go for middle tier Snowball when he pops his shield use it and not only will it break it it will cancel his other defensive abilities and then freeze him.

If he is a constantly spinning destro (like most) I would recommend ice coil 3 points which applies a chill so you can slow him + apply non resistible damage safely.

These are just some suggestions but I've never fared off too well against destroyers, nor have I seen any FM fare off well but good luck. 

Very good tips , i have seen a good FM (madoshi) just today completely destroy (heh) a destroyer however yea des is prt tough what exactly are their CC breaks? i know spin breaks it but is dat da only 1? also for shield i just step behind em and freeze. Yea ppl said des is slow but its really not they have a gap close with a way to short cd and stuns + CC breaks to be called slow. Thank you for ur

2 hours ago, Maiyushii said:

Pray for the ncsoft devs ate least play the game a little instead of just developing without actually testing anything... so they will notice how pvp is unbalanced in this game and try to fix it in the next years.

Well with next patch theres going to be a HUGE change to skills and a pretty big buff for FM, and apparently des is being nerfed so mabye thatll better round out pvp

5 hours ago, dmoe33 said:

Very good tips , i have seen a good FM (madoshi) just today completely destroy (heh) a destroyer however yea des is prt tough what exactly are their CC breaks? i know spin breaks it but is dat da only 1? 

as far as I know, their spin removes one root and resists CC during the spin, most of their dashes resist CC, and and they have a tab escape like all other classes that looks exactly like a spin too. Make them waste it before doing a combo.

14 hours ago, Nickitee said:

Change class, you cant fight in arena as FM. There 3 classes what can DESTROY anything: Destroyer, KungFu master and Blade (Dancer/Master). They have tons CC and not expensive focus burst skills. I does not see any platinum FM on arena. 

Well that doesnt help out my situation i did ask what class is good in pvp i asked how to play against other classes as an fm in pvp 

14 hours ago, Enhance said:

as far as I know, their spin removes one root and resists CC during the spin, most of their dashes resist CC, and and they have a tab escape like all other classes that looks exactly like a spin too. Make them waste it before doing a combo.

Helpful info Thank you ^^

15 hours ago, Nickitee said:

Change class, you cant fight in arena as FM. There 3 classes what can DESTROY anything: Destroyer, KungFu master and Blade (Dancer/Master). They have tons CC and not expensive focus burst skills. I does not see any platinum FM on arena. 

I don't know about that .. IT might have been the game and how it matches players but the FM I was up against froze me in the middle of the arena and killed me in no time even with my breaks ..

FMs CAN turn a KFM into a statue and then all they have to do is make sure they are behind the KFM as the kfm CAN'T close it they aren't in front of them ... easy farm spam ..

NOW it might be that the game matched me with someone at max level (I am only at 38th level as a KFM) BUT IF THIS IS THE CASE the daily arena stuff shouldn't even show up on quest till you have max level as it is just too much when all they need to do is freeze you in place .. 

I prefer the SIN disappear as you can turn and avoid a stun while THERE is nothing to do against an FM that freezes you into the middle of the arena and hits you from behind

SAYING this the FM without this were too easy to kill time and time again .. as a mediocre PvP player I didn't mind arena vs FM, KFM, SIN and even summoners but now I won't even bother with the f9 key till I find out why it is I could literally do nothing save sit in the middle of the arena and be farmed ..

3 hours ago, Kensho1996 said:

I don't know about that .. IT might have been the game and how it matches players but the FM I was up against froze me in the middle of the arena and killed me in no time even with my breaks ..

FMs CAN turn a KFM into a statue and then all they have to do is make sure they are behind the KFM as the kfm CAN'T close it they aren't in front of them ... easy farm spam ..

NOW it might be that the game matched me with someone at max level (I am only at 38th level as a KFM) BUT IF THIS IS THE CASE the daily arena stuff shouldn't even show up on quest till you have max level as it is just too much when all they need to do is freeze you in place .. 

I prefer the SIN disappear as you can turn and avoid a stun while THERE is nothing to do against an FM that freezes you into the middle of the arena and hits you from behind

SAYING this the FM without this were too easy to kill time and time again .. as a mediocre PvP player I didn't mind arena vs FM, KFM, SIN and even summoners but now I won't even bother with the f9 key till I find out why it is I could literally do nothing save sit in the middle of the arena and be farmed ..

Well in order to get better you gotta practice right? Now yea it helps out a lot to pvp at 45 cause of skills and skill points but once u reach there u gotta learn how not to spam skills  cause if u do ull get punished hard. Google Radeyzz video hes an awsome KFM. Also u have a few skills that can break out of the snare one i know is ur SS i know theres other but cant remem dem and ur block to block the skills they shoot at you. Im not pvp pro but i have learnt a few things from videos and practising 

34 minutes ago, dmoe33 said:

Well in order to get better you gotta practice right? Now yea it helps out a lot to pvp at 45 cause of skills and skill points but once u reach there u gotta learn how not to spam skills  cause if u do ull get punished hard. Google Radeyzz video hes an awsome KFM. Also u have a few skills that can break out of the snare one i know is ur SS i know theres other but cant remem dem and ur block to block the skills they shoot at you. Im not pvp pro but i have learnt a few things from videos and practising 

TY for the info BUT i have all 7 characters set for delete today ..

The fact too much is hidden behind PvP while PvP is forever going to be stacked against anyone who has to work the amount I do  just made me decide to set all characters to delete .. 

peace all and GL

9 hours ago, Kensho1996 said:

TY for the info BUT i have all 7 characters set for delete today ..

The fact too much is hidden behind PvP while PvP is forever going to be stacked against anyone who has to work the amount I do  just made me decide to set all characters to delete .. 

peace all and GL

I mean if thats how u feel thats how u feel, but i do agree some things is behind pvp which i personally dont like however its not really much its just soulstones..

Archived