Cloud Service for Hongmoon Shop bought Items

Tsumie

I was recommended by the BnS Ops on Twitter to make this forum. I have been in a bit of a pickle because I've wanted to remake my main character under a different class, but am struggling considering I bought her a few cute cosmetic items that I wish wouldn't go to waste if I deleted her.

I'd like to maybe see some sort of cloud service or "previously bought" section where you can claim items on a new character/secondary character. I think it's wrong for any game to not be able to claim what you bought in the past, unless it's like you bought a subscription. Of course there can be some limits like subscriptions or some stuff like that but I just only really like the shop for it's cosmetics and I don't like to be in a situation where I'd have to either play a class I don't like to keep what I paid for or make her under a new class that I like but lose that money I put forth!

sorry for seeming like a copycat. I was literally recommended by the support to do so. I guess they're not even acknowledging these ideas then if they're telling me to make a thread about something a lot of people have made one about already lmao

34 minutes ago, Tsumie said:

sorry for seeming like a copycat. I was literally recommended by the support to do so. I guess they're not even acknowledging these ideas then if they're telling me to make a thread about something a lot of people have made one about already lmao

They're acknowledging them, but that doesn't mean we should expect action immediately. We've been told they're working on an item that will let you transfer costumes between characters as a response. How that item will be available has not been mentioned.

7 minutes ago, Tomoyo said:

We've been told they're working on an item that will let you transfer costumes between characters as a response.

how to make player spend even more money for outfit, without "just" changing the way outfit are bound.

That's... lol.

7 minutes ago, wootwoots said:

how to make player spend even more money for outfit, without "just" changing the way outfit are bound.

That's... lol.

No one said they were going to be a cash item. Is it a possibility? Sure. But we can't criticize them for it yet. :/

Just now, Tomoyo said:

No one said they were going to be a cash item. Is it a possibility? Sure. But we can't criticize them for it yet. :/

lol, that's VERY obvious its going to be a cash shop item, that's why they said "working on a item" otherwise, i'am pretty sure it would be WAY MORE easier to just get ride of the character bound restriction in the game files / code or wherever that thing is set.

2 minutes ago, wootwoots said:

lol, that's VERY obvious its going to be a cash shop item, that's why they said "working on a item" otherwise, i'am pretty sure it would be WAY MORE easier to just get ride of the character bound restriction in the game files / code or wherever that thing is set.

Or you know, they could make it purchasable from an NPC shop and use it as a gold-sink? Claiming they're working an item is hardly confirmation it's cash-shop related. That's the most likely assumption, yes, but it was never confirmed.

5 minutes ago, Tomoyo said:

Or you know, they could make it purchasable from an NPC shop and use it as a gold-sink?

We are speaking about a NCsoft game with a overpriced cash shop.

I wouldnt dream about a "free" ""solution"" for that.

Because ( basic logic ) why spend time to create :

-A new item ( so create a new icon ), add it to whatever npc list, fix a price ( ig money / item needed )

when you can :

- remove the character bound setting in the game files to set it as account bound ?

Its not very hard to guess at 99% that they are working on a cash shop item.. xD ( considering they not just asked at the real game devs to do so for our market )

They would probably be more likely to reduce prices than make costumes account-bound. Character-bound costumes work for F2P MMORPGs because then people will spend more every time they make a new character. They don't want people making a single purchase and using it on every character.

Perhaps I've just been so accustomed to other MMOs (even P2P ones like XIV) that Character-bound costumes are the norm for me. Same with these prices. XIV has a purchasable costume in the Mog Store (essentially a cash shop) going for $15. And it's Pay to Play. It doesn't even come in pieces, so you can't be creative with it. And it's not dyeable, like many other things. :/

Just now, Tomoyo said:

Or you know, they could make it purchasable from an NPC shop and use it as a gold-sink? Claiming they're working an item is hardly confirmation it's cash-shop related. That's the most likely assumption, yes, but it was never confirmed.

yeah sure... also i heard santa claus and the easter bunny were real >_>....

4 minutes ago, TengokuKishi said:

yeah sure... also i heard santa claus and the easter bunny were real >_>....

Oh damn so you know the truth, mean its going to be a free item for sure..

gjn81wvxqsq6yzcwubok.png

4 minutes ago, Tomoyo said:

They would probably be more likely to reduce prices than make costumes account-bound. Character-bound costumes work for F2P MMORPGs because then people will spend more every time they make a new character. They don't want people making a single purchase and using it on every character.

I dont think they will ever reduce outfit price.

Because in that case they are going to have to compensate user that already bought one ( or more )

4 hours ago, Tomoyo said:

They're acknowledging them, but that doesn't mean we should expect action immediately. We've been told they're working on an item that will let you transfer costumes between characters as a response. How that item will be available has not been mentioned.

Oh! I'm sorry I didn't mean to look like I was assuming they were being lazy, at the time I was just kind of butthurt, lol. Anyways, wheres the source for this information? I kind of wanna see this for myself.

Archived