Let us purchase the Quick Draw Wuotfits!

Sdric

7 hours ago, Anjon said:

There's nothing legally binding about this at all, actually. They could release the outfit in the cash shop tomorrow and there's nothing anyone can do about it. The marketing material only said that Master Pack items would be available to Master Pack owners, but the information people are citing about them being permanently exclusive to Master Pack owners comes from information statements, i.e. Stream and social media chatter, none of which is legally binding.

This is essentially why we have RNG boxes on the store right now. While NCSoft staff mentioned on stream that RNG boxes would never come to the store, the law hasn't progressed to a point where they can be held accountable for that kind of verbal statement.

Any verbal or written saying they are exclusive to the masters packs makes it binding in that they can get in trouble for false advertisement which can get them fined.

Its the same reason over the counter medications and vitamins cannot say they cure something or have that said in commercial because that is false advertising and they get fined all the time for it.  

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Enhance said:

They also said no region lock and see how well that went.

4y45MDL.png

THey didn't lie you can still play NA/EU if it is supported in your country.  Now if you are forced to play with the russians as I saw a post about that a while back that would be due to the company that is hosting it in that region wich is not NCsoft.  You will need to take your griipe to them

6 hours ago, Enhance said:

It reads: "NCSoft will not be restricting regional play"

The part where they say that "either region you choose to play on, North America and Europe" simply refers to available server regions. I see where you're coming from, I thought about that myself, but you can't even nitpick the phrase that way. 

Washing it down, it says that

1 - it will not be restricting regional play

2 - you'll be able to play on any of 2 regions (not from any of 2 regions)

So if you purchase your Founder pack from a different region, you're still (supposedly) able to play on either NA or EU.

If you are from a region that is hosted by Innova then you must play on those servers as it is due to that countries laws same reason China can not show skeletons or something totally odd.  Each region has its  own rules.  Blame your country.

Don't worry, they'll have "Founder Sales" that sell things to either people who bought Founder Packs, or people who spent X amount of money in a certain time period before a new large update, upgrading them to "Founder of (Update)" status, allowing them to buy the "Founder-Exclusive" things that they re-release and add more things each time.

And your "founder status" only lasts util the next large update.

And that's how they'll get away with it.

2 hours ago, CycLee said:

If they offer the exclusive outfits for sale or in any other way besides a master-founderspack i'd say it's really easy for my lawyer to get my money back...

You would of wasted money and your lawyer saying that you need to read the TOS next time.

Archived