Ideas for Open World PVP

Romsil

Fix the door:

By this fix how you let folks into different factions. The server should base this on faction activity / player kills/ or some other intelegent metric. 

Fixing the door wont really fix the inside / current population issues.

Fix the inside of the house:

One idea is forced server integration without telling anyone in order to balance the current situation. 

Second idea was to use more quest / incentive's in killing other players. Right now there is only 1 quest to kill 10 of rank 9 or higher. Since there are so few on crimson for my server people would move to red since blues are much easier to find and kill. 

9 minutes ago, LagunaL8 said:

Make people drop random stuff from their inventory the more they rack up kills lol. Just like this other game. hardcore ftw

You known that thing you said about is penalty for PK, which is kinda diff thing than OW PvP here? In most games you can just kill other players if theyr not in safe zone, when here you can kill them EVERYWHERE but they need to wear faction outfit which mean they agree for that. Its kinda like agree to duel, but with risk to being attacked 100 vs 1. Note that most games penalty onyly for PK onyly lower lvled players.

Oh lets add that OW PvP gonna be almost dead, or most players gonna go to 1 faction and gang 2nd one. Why you ask? To dont risk losing items. And if still didnt notic there is trophy for killing enemy faction players, so why penalty for it?

17 minutes ago, Irisdina said:

You known that thing you said about is penalty for PK, which is kinda diff thing than OW PvP here? In most games you can just kill other players if theyr not in safe zone, when here you can kill them EVERYWHERE but they need to wear faction outfit which mean they agree for that. Its kinda like agree to duel, but with risk to being attacked 100 vs 1. Note that most games penalty onyly for PK onyly lower lvled players.

Oh lets add that OW PvP gonna be almost dead, or most players gonna go to 1 faction and gang 2nd one. Why you ask? To dont risk losing items. And if still didnt notic there is trophy for killing enemy faction players, so why penalty for it?

so you just want easy kills? >.>

Never said that. I just hate high lvled players which go to kill low lvled ones. For me it dont make sense. If 45lvl gonna go to... dunno... Desert area and PK low lvl players it just make that players think whole game is unbalanced, dont hae sense, and quit. I just HATE idiots (sorry for words but i cant name that kind of players diffrent way), which cant win at theyr lvls so they need to help theyr ego become even greater and kill some low lvled players. I ask WHY? For fun? I dont think so, becouse killing someone 1-2hit is just boring. Dont have anything better to do? Then better PvP with your lvl, or get some gold.

And if you think i wanna easy kills becouse of being in more populated faction, still nope. Mostly i cant join chanal where my faction do some raid/get insignia, and even if i get onto it i still prefere to dont fight 4v1 or something like that.

Ussually i dont attack if enemy dont attack me, my friend, or saw he is after faction companion which try to run away from him. If i see someone doing his daily i dont attack him, becouse i just dont care, about it. Ofc i known he can attack and kill me becouse i didnt attack him 1st (and many times i died becouse of that), but then i try to get revange.

Then plz: dont tell i wanna easy kills, becouse i hate players which bully weaker ones. I known how it is to be being weaker player which cant go out from town (playing as Priest in Tera, where high lvled players dont allow go out from town even one person).

how bout:

High to low lvl Open world PVP

-the higher level you are compared to your PK target --- % of you dropping stuff increase (lol)

-the lower the level you are compared to your PK target --- chance of reward box from npc (like those viridian boxes, nothing big but still useful) + prestige points

-Same level --- the normal prestige points obtained.

aka the bigger the gap the greater the response.

dont rly see sense in this. this way most ppl gonna ineterest in OWPvP, becouse:

1.think about situation like this: 2v1 - team X: lvl44 and lvl45 vs team Y: lvl 45. Lvl44 from team X die, and lvl 45 from team Y is killed by guy from team X a sec after. He is MEGA unlacky and his % to drop item make him drop item becouse he PK enemy 1lvl lower than him even though it was 2v1. Think how this guy feel?

2.if you have too low lvl you still cant kill idiots which go PK players which die 1-2hits.

3.normal prestige points = no change.

I gonna must ask this question: Why players must try change game for they point? It was created this way for some reason. You dont like OWPvP dont do it. simple. You still have Arena.

Meh, I'm more in favor of the PvP buff ideas, don't take all, just choose 3-4 of them ( and only ONE PvP buff):

_ Faction with fewer members receive PvP buffs which only in effect while they wear uniform ( 10% dmg buff ? 10% defense buff ? etc.) - and not working for dungeon PvE.

_ NPC in factions with fewer members are harder to kill, and take longer to spawn. (boss have higher defenses, hit harder, about 30% longer time needed to spawn)

_ Faction with fewer members earn more contribution points from quests, or more prestige points from killing faction bosses.

_ Faction with fewer members earn more insigmas from boss kills.

_ Area around faction tents with fewer members provide passive buff when players stand in its range ( reduced debuff effect time, or higher defense, or higher dmg attack, etc.)

_ Members in the weaker faction will finish faction quests faster ( Ex: crimson-more ppl, kill 10 mobs to complete quest, while cerulean-fewer ppl, kill 7 mobs to complete quest)

_ A member from weaker faction will receive a buff stack for each enemy slayed in pvp, effect ends when they take off uniform or died. ( a 2-3% buff stack for all stats, maximum 5 stacks, last for 15 minutes, only counted for the one who deal the highest dmg, or for all when they stay in a pt -> encourage ppl to go in group)

_ Members of the weaker faction only lose half the prestige points they carry when they are killed by other faction member. (other faction member will lose all, like always)

I will think of more, but so far, these are some of the ideas I have.

Even having 3-4 of them gonna give huge advantage... i think if you wanna give stat boost then 1 is max and nothing more. Slower NPC spawn? For me no sense. Better give faster spawn for boss which weaker need to kill so they can get items faster. but i gonna ask this one more time:

For gods sake: Why you wanna give some boost, penaltys, extra rewards when they wasnt in oryginal game? It was created this way for some reason. You dont like it, change game, create private server etc. Sometimes im ganged by 3-4 players, and area is full or Blue players, and no Red ones but a few days later red are in game. Just be patient/change faction/change server. I play at Starfall Crater and this server is ok for me.

None of these ideas sound that great, something much more simple could come much closer to solving the problem like having 2 types of faction balance instead of just having it be based on sheer overall numbers in your faction have there also need to be a balance of max level players on each side. So if your side is losing you can't just desert your side and have lowbies fill in your spot. That's what makes the imbalance noticable is the max level imbalance

14 hours ago, Irisdina said:

Even having 3-4 of them gonna give huge advantage... i think if you wanna give stat boost then 1 is max and nothing more. Slower NPC spawn? For me no sense. Better give faster spawn for boss which weaker need to kill so they can get items faster. but i gonna ask this one more time:

For gods sake: Why you wanna give some boost, penaltys, extra rewards when they wasnt in oryginal game? It was created this way for some reason. You dont like it, change game, create private server etc. Sometimes im ganged by 3-4 players, and area is full or Blue players, and no Red ones but a few days later red are in game. Just be patient/change faction/change server. I play at Starfall Crater and this server is ok for me.

Well I did said only ONE stat buff, the rest will only be more about questings, so go and read it again.

"faster boss spawn on stronger faction" - noted, could be the better idea then mine.

As for the reason for those ideas - it's just an idea, I don't restrict your freedom of thought, so don't do it on me. Many Western players has completely different mental play style than Eastern players, so something in the game will have to be changed to adjust with the base customer. 

This thread is about idea for OWPvP, so I just state my thought. Personally, getting rid of bots from faction is my favorite  choice for faction since it will solve almost half the imbalance, but because that thing is close to impossible, I just offer alternative solutions. Approve of it or not is up to the Devs, and you can choose to like it or not, just don't go around and flaming on people.

13 hours ago, 877790_1452550448 said:

None of these ideas sound that great, something much more simple could come much closer to solving the problem like having 2 types of faction balance instead of just having it be based on sheer overall numbers in your faction have there also need to be a balance of max level players on each side. So if your side is losing you can't just desert your side and have lowbies fill in your spot. That's what makes the imbalance noticable is the max level imbalance

Yeah, I just offer some thoughts base on the build they made in the game mechanic, since it's easier to do than re work a completely new idea. For example, buff stack is based on the E.fleet buff, NPC can be made into different objects to be spawned based on the game flow, etc.

But personally, getting rid of bots from faction is the best idea afterall (although sounds like impossible).

Irisdina and LagunaL8 - Thank you both for your opinions on this. 

Daymon Thanks for your input - Just going through a few of those ideas which are really good. 

-PvP "General Buff" Map Channel Buffs for lower # faction pop on channel (must have on faction outfit) - Bonus defense or other stats

-PvP "BOSS help" Map Channel Buff for lower # of faction pop on channel  (must have on faction outfit) - Maybe poison resist

-Greater number of quests to kill other players in general. Rank 5 as Minimum - 9 is a bit high in looking at number of players below that in Misty Woods.

-Diminishing returns for killing same player within specified time limit. REMOVE KILL TRADING

-Greater rewards from faction dailies for lower ACTIVITY (NCSOFT determine a metrics to go by) faction on SERVER - Incentive for balance overall

-Loss of half prestige is nice as well for lower ACTIVITY (NCSOFT determine a metrics to go by) faction on SERVER - Incentive for balance overall

-Let people into factions based on ACTIVITY not overall balance by character

What about if the population caps for channels were faction based? Say 200 ( or half of whatever cap they have now) per faction. Then neither side could zerg a channel and lock the other side out. If both sides rush a channel they will end up evenly matched. The lower pop faction could stick together in a few channels and never feel like they are just being overwhelmed by sheer numbers. Of course that means that the high pop faction may find themselves in channels without enemy players. Just a thought.

Don't allow uniforms to be equipped if that faction already has a 3 person advantage on that channel in that zone.  

That would force people back to red and probably force players to actually respect each other since those enemy players are what's allowing you to have your big insignia farm zerg, and if you chase them away with your dickery you get your uniform stripped off to rebalance.

Of course this is a stupid idea, but if we don't have any "safe" option for people to do dailys on red this is what it will come down to.

1 hour ago, Callback said:

Don't allow uniforms to be equipped if that faction already has a 3 person advantage on that channel in that zone.  

That would force people back to red and probably force players to actually respect each other since those enemy players are what's allowing you to have your big insignia farm zerg, and if you chase them away with your dickery you get your uniform stripped off to rebalance.

Of course this is a stupid idea, but if we don't have any "safe" option for people to do dailys on red this is what it will come down to.

then how are they going to do faction bosses like wyrm or terror >___>

3 minutes ago, LagunaL8 said:

then how are they going to do faction bosses like wyrm or terror >___>

Exactly.  If the entire server goes blue then you can't since nobody can be there to fight it.  Force a balance or suffer the same impossibility of getting anything done that you're already forcing on the reds.

6 minutes ago, Callback said:

Exactly.  If the entire server goes blue then you can't since nobody can be there to fight it.  Force a balance or suffer the same impossibility of getting anything done that you're already forcing on the reds.

same goes for soul shields, or even completing your faction daily quests. Though while i see the balance it is trying to make, as much as i dont really like ganks, its an idea that makes other areas of the game suffer for one smaller area of the problem.

6 minutes ago, LagunaL8 said:

same goes for soul shields, or even completing your faction daily quests. Though while i see the balance it is trying to make, as much as i dont really like ganks, its an idea that makes other areas of the game suffer for one smaller area of the problem.

That's why my main suggestion is a single safe channel with PvP disabled so the underdog faction can do dailys in peace instead of forcing people to exacerbate the imbalance problem by switching to do them.

What I'm saying here is an example of how bad things would be if balance were forced the same way.  Nobody on blue could do dailys with that limit?  Too bad.  Nobody on red can do them now.  Same with bosses, soul shields, insignia, etc.

34 minutes ago, Callback said:

That's why my main suggestion is a single safe channel with PvP disabled so the underdog faction can do dailys in peace instead of forcing people to exacerbate the imbalance problem by switching to do them.

What I'm saying here is an example of how bad things would be if balance were forced the same way.  Nobody on blue could do dailys with that limit?  Too bad.  Nobody on red can do them now.  Same with bosses, soul shields, insignia, etc.

Personally i think it would be easier if they just add a bunch more channels to the areas that are known to be 'problematic' so more pple can space out. Rather than implementing all those x,x    ....that or free transfers

2 minutes ago, LagunaL8 said:

Personally i think it would be easier if they just add a bunch more channels to the areas that are known to be 'problematic' so more pple can space out. Rather than implementing all those x,x    ....that or free transfers

Spacing out doesn't change the 20:1 ratio.  And do you expect every red to wait 4 minutes every cc 20 times over until they HAPPEN to find an empty one, just to get zerged down 2 minutes later halfway through a quest anyway?

1 minute ago, Callback said:

Spacing out doesn't change the 20:1 ratio.  And do you expect every red to wait 4 minutes every cc 20 times over until they HAPPEN to find an empty one, just to get zerged down 2 minutes later halfway through a quest anyway?

let me guess, you must be on mushin or poha to be this vocal >_>

cause most other servers are doing fairly well with balance

20 minutes ago, LagunaL8 said:

let me guess, you must be on mushin or poha to be this vocal >_>

cause most other servers are doing fairly well with balance

Mushin.  Yes, it is in DIRE need of dev attention.  I don't want to just go blue and make the problem worse. (I want to go blue after the problem gets better because they have much better uniforms at the higher tiers despite the first couple being garbage)

Archived